Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Fence - Improved version in description!

by Bakie Posted 8th Jun 2018 at 3:19 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2022 at 12:02 PM by Bakie

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
Very clever idea Bakie

Thanks TwistedMex!
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I've been wanting that for ages, so useful! Thank youuu

You're welcome!
Quote: Originally posted by simall9
Do we know if this works with the newest patch?

It works, but it is visible when in Snow storms, a fix for it will come next week.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:20 AM
It always annoyed me that my nice clean paths were always pointless. Thanks for this!
The only downside is when I want a sim to go from the front door to the corner of the house for something, and animals also only take the path now, which is weird to see an animal do... But it's worth it! lol
Test Subject
#53 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:10 AM
Doesn't work.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mizuki_Ukitake
It always annoyed me that my nice clean paths were always pointless. Thanks for this!
The only downside is when I want a sim to go from the front door to the corner of the house for something, and animals also only take the path now, which is weird to see an animal do... But it's worth it! lol

Haha, you're right about the pets thingy..it does looks a bit strange... On the other hand, maybe you've some very good trained pets!
Quote: Originally posted by thecolourquestion
Doesn't work.

Your comment would be more helpful if you would explain what doesn't work. Me and a lot of other people don't have any problems with it, so can you tell me what the problem is in your game?
Can't you find it in build mode, can't it be placed, can't you switch to the second swatch which makes it invisible? More info would be nice

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
Thanks TwistedMex!

You're welcome!

It works, but it is visible when in Snow storms, a fix for it will come next week.

Hii- great item. Has this now been updated for Snow storms??
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dechii
Hii- great item. Has this now been updated for Snow storms??

Yes! It will now stay invisible during snowstorm.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 4:12 PM
I just found you on Youtube for the first time.. I am amazed, and so very grateful to find the many creations that can be used in base game.. Tyvm for all the time and effort you have spent making/sharing your creations.. It seems like Christmas, with all your amazing designs and effects I can add to my Sims worlds.. I appreciate you very much. ♥
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raven96784
I just found you on Youtube for the first time.. I am amazed, and so very grateful to find the many creations that can be used in base game.. Tyvm for all the time and effort you have spent making/sharing your creations.. It seems like Christmas, with all your amazing designs and effects I can add to my Sims worlds.. I appreciate you very much. ♥

Well, thank you very much for the the kind words Raven! It's great to hear you like all my mods that much and I hope my future mods will be liked by you too!
Enjoy my mods!

Instructor
#59 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:06 PM
Could it be that something is wrong with the fence footprint since the latest patch?
I'm getting the following LE when placing them:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>34faa7cfdb4c70875b77c549</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-08-18 11:54:14</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.46.18.1020-1.200.000.364.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>__init__.py:195</categoryid><desyncid>34faa7cfdb4c70875b77c549</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in &lt;function buildbuy_session_end at 0x000007FFBFDA28C0&gt;, args: (707915842693310804,), kwargs: {}
AttributeError("'PropObjectWithFootprint' object has no attribute 'has_any_tag'",) (AttributeError: 'PropObjectWithFootprint' object has no attribute 'has_any_tag')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\routing\__init__.py", line 870, in c_api_navmesh_fence_callback
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\build_buy.py", line 726, in buildbuy_session_end

As you can see I got this LE today when I was adding your fence to separate a few parking spaces. Since I have no other custom fences than this and your tiny hedge it could be that this invisible fence is causing problems now.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Could it be that something is wrong with the fence footprint since the latest patch?
I'm getting the following LE when placing them:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>34faa7cfdb4c70875b77c549</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-08-18 11:54:14</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.46.18.1020-1.200.000.364.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>__init__.py:195</categoryid><desyncid>34faa7cfdb4c70875b77c549</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in &lt;function buildbuy_session_end at 0x000007FFBFDA28C0&gt;, args: (707915842693310804,), kwargs: {}
AttributeError("'PropObjectWithFootprint' object has no attribute 'has_any_tag'",) (AttributeError: 'PropObjectWithFootprint' object has no attribute 'has_any_tag')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\routing\__init__.py", line 870, in c_api_navmesh_fence_callback
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\build_buy.py", line 726, in buildbuy_session_end
As you can see I got this LE today when I was adding your fence to separate a few parking spaces. Since I have no other custom fences than this and your tiny hedge it could be that this invisible fence is causing problems now.

Hi LuvmySimz,
I have no idea how to read those error messages to be honest, but I just tested my invisible fences in my game and I didn't had any problems with it. I can place them where ever I want without crashes or something.
So I'm not sure if it's my fences that make your game to not work like it should..

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 1:02 PM
This is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks, Bakie! I'm really appreciate your mods!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#62 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:56 AM
I can place them too, but after several times of removing and replacing them around a lot I get the LE. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's on EA's side just like with the fish ponds. Something is wrong since the seasons patch that's for sure.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beka7777
This is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks, Bakie! I'm really appreciate your mods!

You're welcome Beka!
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
I can place them too, but after several times of removing and replacing them around a lot I get the LE. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's on EA's side just like with the fish ponds. Something is wrong since the seasons patch that's for
sure.

Hmm ok. Well I don't know if it's on my side or EA's but I can imagine it's very annoying, if only I knew what to do about it, I would immediately do. But I have no idea..

Instructor
#64 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 10:30 AM
You're welcome Beka!

Hmm ok. Well I don't know if it's on my side or EA's but I can imagine it's very annoying, if only I knew what to do about it, I would immediately do. But I have no idea..

Me ain't either. So, no worries The fence work though and I will NOT delete the file! I'm very picky with my game and it just bugs me when I can't figure out why I get LE's
Test Subject
#65 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 10:53 AM
Hey the mod doesn't work, i can see the fence, any help?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenFlame
Hey the mod doesn't work, i can see the fence, any help?

After placing, you need to change the color of the fence.
To simply do this, press "R" for the recolor tool and then click the visible fence. Now choose the second swatch (Step 2) and the fence will become invisible.

Test Subject
#67 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 4:27 PM
Okay, this is really bizarre.
Apparently you can't place them in, or on top of, basements.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atomiccherry
Okay, this is really bizarre.
Apparently you can't place them in, or on top of, basements.

That IS a bit bizar, did you try the "moveobjects on" cheat too?

Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 3:00 PM
That IS a bit bizar, did you try the "moveobjects on" cheat too?

I did, and that worked, but it's still a little bizarre.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 4:45 PM
¡Hola! Solo quiero agradecerte por todos tus increÃ*bles Mods.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimlishFrenzie
¡Hola! Solo quiero agradecerte por todos tus incre�*bles Mods.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 10:34 PM
<3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wuawydu
<3

Thanks

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 4th May 2019 at 9:14 PM
Useful mod, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 6th May 2019 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rizno
Useful mod, thank you!

You're welcome and thanks!

Page 3 of 5