Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 9:38 PM Last edited by Frotsydino : 21st Dec 2005 at 9:52 PM.
Default Clean Installer?
To begin i'm not sure whether this is a technical or miscellaneous "issue" but it seems kinda technical to me. Clean Installer -what is it? I assumed it was something that came with sims 2 but now i'm not so sure. If it isn't is it free? Can i download it? If i already have it, how do i use it?

I found the guide somewhere telling you what you had to do to upload a lot and it says i have to use clean installer. It gave a guide on how to do it. It went something along the lones of "double click and it should come up looking like the picture below" (obviously there was a picture below on the thing). So i double clicked and it didn't come up.

I havn't uploaded anything before on mod the sims.

EDIT: thanx for your help but i tryed to download it and it was a rar file. i don't have winRAR. Is it possible/likely/do you kow whether/ they have a zip file or something?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 9:41 PM
Look here:
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/
Yes, it's free, and so easy that even I can use it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 9:43 PM
Thankyou very much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 9:46 PM
are they all rar files? i don't have WinRAR
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frotsydino
are they all rar files? i don't have winRAR

It's an EXE.

But download WinRAR anyway.
You will need it a lot on this site.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 9:54 PM
o dear. ok. thankyou.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 10:06 PM
if it's exe it should work but it doesn't. Grr, this is annoying. Btw, is WinRAR free?
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 12:07 AM
yes WinRAR is free
try this tutorial re rar files: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62041
#9 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 8:56 PM
Is this Clean Installer the same as the Multi-Simpack Installer? If not, where can I get that? I am having trouble downloading sims and getting the "need expansion pack" error.