Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#76 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 1:55 AM
Excellently handy :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 5:59 AM
I think I'll just wait for your next realeses, because you are doing an exelent work and eventually I know you are gonna have a terrific prog. even for showing up to maxis people.
#78 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 2:47 AM
Not sure if anyone's gone into detail about the "why" of the multi lot install problem, but I've discovered that it seems to be due to the Alienware PCs and other EA/Maxis Sims site object downloads. For some reason, any lot packaged from a creator who has installed the Alienware PC will name its .sims2import file (which extracts to the Teleport folder) to the ID of the Alienware PC. Meaning when more than one lot is installed at a time without launching the game, it overwrites the last one in the teleport folder. There is more to it than that, but the workaround I found is it either install 1 lot at a time, launch the game AND enter a neighborhood, exit the game and repeat with the next lot, OR the faster way when installing LOTS of lots is to do the following: after installing EACH .sims2pack file, go to the teleport folder, and rename any .sims2import files you find there to something unique with .sims2import as the extension, such as 1234.sims2import or lame.sims2import. Ignore any .sims2temp files; these are the actual lots, families, and objects being imported. One of them will invariably be the Alienware PC. As long as you rename the .sims2import file created in the teleport folder after each lot install, you should be able to launch the game and have ALL the lots you installed show up at once. Anything that makes this little nasty easier will be a godsend.

[ Edited 27-11-2004 03:04AM ]
Field Researcher
#79 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 2:56 AM
There is a newer version of this program in the beta forum. Go there to download it.
Inventor
#80 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 11:40 PM
Awesome tool.. got rid of my annoying no jealousy hack that I accidentally got with some sort of download.

Thank you...

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 8:37 PM
new version uploaded... Check first post for info
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 11:08 PM
Do we remove the one that are highlighted green, or the white ones? Green makes me think they are safe, but.. I'm not sure. (And didn't want to mess anything up.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 29th Nov 2004 at 11:50 PM
well there are 4 color codes. White is unrexognized, green are recognized by maxis CRC, only basic info (name) is attached to them. Dark green one's are entries which are made by hack maker providing al the info. Yellows are the same but may be different version.
Test Subject
#84 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 9:29 AM
I tried your program, pherver. The idea of a program like this is great. therefore i am hoping that my problems can be solved:

I run it under w2k and .net framework 1.1.
when I choose a standard directory like downloads, saved sims or teleport, the program interrupts with a message of an unhandled exception "could not find a part of the path 'M:\Eigene Dateien\EA Games\Die Sims 2\Downloads\' ".

This the correct and complete string of the directory. What part does is miss, or what is the real error behind the message ?

After that i can quit or continue with an empty window (that means no listing of packages).

What exceptional error do i have to look for ? All the subdirectories do exist, all standard files seem to be ok, which base does the program have for detecting an error?

When i browse one of the directories "manually", the program puts up the list almost as mentioned above, but without coulors and without any text/info in the lower window.

I have installed the program in a subdirectory of the Sims2 program directory.

Anything obviously done wrong by me? What can i do to enhance the installation ?

many, many questions. I think there are only few answers needed to solve this problem. thx for answering asap
Test Subject
#85 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qwigqwag
When I try to install a lot, it gives me an error message saying Cannot find the CleanPack Installer.exe. So I hit Locate button and try to direct it to the correct folder but still nothing. What did I do wrong? :?

Ditto happened to me. I can't find the Clean Installer in my add/remove programs to remove it. However, right click(on the sims2pack file)/ open with / The sims 2 body shop package installer works for me in the meantime.

Hmm - just tried to open the Sims2Pack Clean Installer to see what version it was, ran the update and
[color=red]CRASH[/color]

This was the detailed error message in case it is of use to the creator of this program.

[color=green]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Sims2Pack_Installer.WinFormMain.buttonUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Sims2Pack Clean Installer Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/EA%20GAMES/The%20Sims%202/CleanInstaller/Sims2Pack%20Clean%20Installer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.[/color]

Kia Ora from Aotearoa
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 10:22 AM
Hey witch :
Sims2Pack Clean Installer Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
latest version is 1.3.0.2 get latest version.

lunov:
it seems i have underestimated Maxis will to complicate things. I'm working on a fix, it should be ready soon .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 11:00 AM
To get back to your original icons you need to right click choose open with.../select program.../sims2 bodyshop package installer + always use this program then ok
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 11:03 AM
Neat, I loved your first version and its such a lifesaver..I got candace last time and I don't want to risk it again, but your program is a huge lifesaver..Thanks

My Sims 2 Site
www.mbs2d.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 3:27 PM
Okie thanks to Loverat here is updated hacklist, use update option or download it . It has most (or even all) hack packages from modthesims2.com so have fun
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#90 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gonmag
Hi Jade,

every sim in the house come in one "and a half" file. 8-)
A larger one ca. 300kb with the "character information" in it and "a half one" carrying the personal/family information. After starting the game the large one (and the lot) are moved to LotCatalog and show up in the lots'n'houses bin. After placing them in the neighbourhood the lot is moved into the neighbourhood folder (Lots) the bigger Sim-file is moved to Characters and the personal/family information is added to the neighbourhood package.

You can rid of the Sims by deleting the files.

-Gonmag

edit: oops forgot to del a qoute

OH WOW! My prayers have been answered! There is finally a way to safely delete a Sim without killing it. I can't wait to try this out. I've downloaded so many lots because of their design but never installed them because they came with a family (and I didn't have the heart to drown them or starve them). Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

BTW, can you post an example of the character file (what it looks like) and the "and a half" file (what it looks like)? Do you have to delete BOTH the files?
[ Edited 30-11-2004 03:37PM ]

DDO
Field Researcher
#91 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 5:20 PM
This program is really coming along. I noticed a few more things in my collection of hacks and hacked objects. Its kinda big so I put it in a zipped list... This has MD5s and the filenames. I don't remember who did them or when, though. But better than nothing I guess.

[file=e107_files/public/16760_list3.zip]16760_list3.zip[/file]
Instructor
#92 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 5:46 PM
Hmm, can we somehow load this MD5 list into the installer ourselves so it will recognize these hacks or do we need to wait for Phervers to update the program to use those identifiers?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 5:52 PM
it's already updated
just click update button it should update itself
Instructor
#94 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 6:07 PM
Another thing I was thinking about, it would be great if this utility could also detect bad package files.

What I mean by that is, when someone makes clothing, hair, makeup etc in the body shop, it gets saved to a package file that appends numbers and an underscore before the file name given in the bodyshop. If someone renames their package file after it is saved by the bodyshop, the game will no longer detect the item properly and you won't have access to it.

A good example of this are several toddler GAP outfits in the downloads section here by Bestiole

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?view.342
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?view.341
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?view.340

Now ideally the best thing would be if there was a way to repair them so they can show up in the game. If that's not possible, then the next best thing would be if we could easily detect them and get rid of them since they are just wasting space if they can't be made to work.

I know some of the hacks have normal names with no numbers and work just fine but it seems the skins and such made in the body shop need the numbers appended to the file name or they will not work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 7:19 PM
Well those packages you gave links to, they are not improperly named, but they are bodyshop packages, someone just posted bodyshop files instead of those imported to game. Anyway i will look on that, but repackaging sims2pack files has higher priority right now.
#96 Old 1st Dec 2004 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lunov
I run it under w2k and .net framework 1.1.
when I choose a standard directory like downloads, saved sims or teleport, the program interrupts with a message of an unhandled exception "could not find a part of the path 'M:\Eigene Dateien\EA Games\Die Sims 2\Downloads\' ".

As you may have noticed, your custom files are under EA Games\Die Sims 2\Downloads\ . The program seeks them under EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\. The program does not load the actual (language-dependant) install path, but assumes the english install paths as standart directories.

So my first suggestion to phervers is to fix it, so the install paths are taken from the registry to provide multi-language support. It seems always to be the EA Games subfolder name is equal to the REG_SZ value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\DisplayName. It could be easier, if the path to the custom files would be provided directly within the registry, but for some weird reason it is not. There is only the install path for the main game files.

My second suggestion is to scrap the whole disabled-directory-thingy. It should be sufficient to switch the ending of the xxx.package files to xxx.package.off. The Clean Installer could still get the checksum and identify the package (even as diabled), but the TS2 won't load it (as it is recieved as an .off-file). So you can easily switch hacks on / off without the copying thing.

As a sidenote v. 1.3 is a very stable release and is very much appreciated.
Great work 8)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 1st Dec 2004 at 10:18 AM
I hope that its that registry key, if someone with different lang version could confirm it it will be great. As to your idea with disabling packages it is great idea I think that i'll put that into version 1.4. There are some good news too, thanks to DarkMatter i have almost finished image previewing option, so expect it soon
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 1st Dec 2004 at 11:53 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy! Pichurs! Thanks, Phervers! Everybody loooooves yoooooooouuuuu...
Test Subject
#99 Old 1st Dec 2004 at 2:35 PM
hi, Great idea BTW.. but I can't get your program to work.

When i launch V 1.35 I get an error that says:
"Could not open c:\program files\sims2pack clean installer\localpackages.txt Do you want to continue ?"

When I tell it yes I get a window with no package info.
If i then use the browse drop down list box to select savedsims
I get the following unhandled exception.
Cannot access a closed file.

**********Detail info on the exception************
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a closed file.
at System.IO.__Error.FileNotOpen()
at System.IO.FileStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CPackage.Complete(Stream stream, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CPackage..ctor(Stream stream, Int32 offset, Int32 nSize, String nFileName)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CIPackageDirectory.LoadFilesFromPath(String path, Boolean enabled)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CIPackageDirectory.ReloadFiles()
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CIPackageDirectory..ctor(String enabledPath, String disabledPath, ListView list)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.WinFormMain.comboBoxDir_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
Sims2Pack Clean Installer Assembly Version: 1.3.5.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.5.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Sims2Pack%20Clean%20Installer/Sims2Pack%20Clean%20Installer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
DatGen.DBPF
Assembly Version: 0.1.0.38542
Win32 Version: 0.1.0.38542
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Sims2Pack%20Clean%20Installer/DatGen.DBPF.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Field Researcher
#100 Old 1st Dec 2004 at 3:27 PM
bcooksey did you install these two programs from Microsoft NET Framework Version 1.1 and Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time Files ?! , these are needed I think to run Clean Installer properly, I have them installed at least!.

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,So let me live my life the way I want to!.-J.Hendrix
Locked thread
Page 4 of 54