Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#126 Old 2nd Dec 2004 at 10:46 PM
I had the same "unhandled exception" error until I removed the following 1 KB files:
7fcb60c3_shirt.package
84f956e1_hot_hair_style1.package
4995d84e_higlightedshort.package
e0d4fc05_red_1_length.package
97cd0a0e.sknprj
84c19806.sknprj
32b037b9.sknprj

Obviously hair files that are 1 KB are messed up. What are sknprj files?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 12:17 AM
phervers, after downloading and checking out v1.4 here's what I've come up with.

1. Instead of just deselecting items in a package and installing, the file should first be repacked. This eliminates the bad references in the import file and also the creation of the dummy packages in the downloads folder.

2. If the lot segment does not show a preview image, the lot will not show up in the game. This is more than likely due to the file not being packed properly initially and is therefore corupt.

I tested this out with over 30 lots I downloaded, so I think i gave it a good run. The whole key is to repack the files before installing them.

If there is anything you'd like me to check for, PM me. I'm retired so I have lots of time to spare.

Thanks,
Gunny

IYAOYAS
Field Researcher
#128 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 3:31 AM
phervers ......Just a note, though I'm sure you haven't finished with the database for the prog. I have all my hacks in a sub folder in my downloads and when I run the Clean Installer on it, there are half a dozen files that remain white or unrecognized that are definately hacks. I will list them here if you like but if this is just due to your needing time to get the database up to date then ignore this. Just trying to be helpful. Thanks for all your hard work it is really appreciated!

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
#129 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 7:57 AM
Hello, all of you,

I am coding a simhack detection tool myself and I wanted to ask, if you could allow me to use your hack database.
ATM i am using a small list of MTS2 hacks in a proprietary format, but i am looking for compatibility with other tools too.

It would be nice of you if you could send me an answer within the next few days.

Looking forward to a positive answer

Culaina aka Ulrich
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 10:37 AM
Gunny. You got me confused, version 1.4 already does that, check Sim2Import file, now it only has references to files which are selected.

Braveheart, a help with db would be surely appreciated, but you would need some info on how to, contact me on livechat, i'm usually there.

Culaina, what type of tool are you making? Just interested, about the list i have nothing against, but you should also aks loverat and dizzy2, they have given me their lists.

I have a little surprise for everyone, but i'll wait till i finish what i'm making
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 12:02 PM
Thank you so much for this prog, it is so usefull !amazed

I have the french version of the game and had problems with installing files in the default path. Hopefully if I rename the sims folder with the english name "The Sims 2" everything works fine (also got rid of the 1 kb files which made the prog crash, they looked empty in SimPE anymay 8) )

(Don't forget to rename you sims folder with the right title before launching the game)
Test Subject
#132 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 12:05 PM
it's crash everytime when I try to use it open the download folder?? ,so,what should I do?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#133 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 1:30 PM
Ok i know that i'm too fast but new version is now available.
New feature is creating sims2pack files :> i have also fixed the bug with those empty files, they no longer crash the program.

Azureale do you know how to use regedit ? If so could you check key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2" Value "DisplayName" .
Field Researcher
#134 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 1:41 PM
phervers, Could you make it possible to delete several skins/genetics at a time? I just went to clean out my Downloads folder, and I disabled all the ones I want to delete, but I can only delete one at a time, and have to scroll all the way down to get to them. I have about 100 things I have to delete in there, and as you tell, it's literally going to take forever.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot 1927-1956 Christian martyr in Ecuador
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#135 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 2:31 PM
hi a temporary solution woudl be to disable ones you dont want, and then browse to c:\program files\Sims2pack clean installer\Disabled\Downloads that's where disabled files are
now you can delete them all at once.
Instructor
#136 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 3:09 PM
Well can you do a deselect all option though? I have some simspack lots with families that have a WHOLE bunch of files in them and I don't want the family just the lot so I had to go through and manually uncheck like 100 files before I could save as and make a new sims2pack without the objects or sim files from the family.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phervers
Azureale do you know how to use regedit ? If so could you check key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2" Value "DisplayName" .

The value is "Les Sims 2"
See the attached file for the binary part and thank you for your concern.

Hmmm well, it ends up with no attached file

%-6
[ Edited 03-12-2004 03:12PM ]
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 3:27 PM
Here is the binary .gif Phervers
http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/azureale/...635231821283136

[ Edited 03-12-2004 03:31PM ]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#139 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 3:49 PM
Ah thanks Azereale, now i'm positive, that its the way to locate sims user directory. I will make an update soon.

Motoki, there's no deselect all, but you can use your shift key to select all your files, and then click on the checkbox
Instructor
#140 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 3:58 PM
Oh okay, that makes sense. DUH, why didn't I think of that? lol

Thanks!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#141 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 4:00 PM
Couple questions:

1. With 1.3.5 or 1.4, when I tried to right-click on a package to remove, I got some strange message. Sorry, I don't have a screen shot to share but it mentioned JIT. Do you know if I can safely remove packages with 1.4.1?

2. If I just want to remove the family before I install a .sims2pack, what files to I remove? The character file and the family file?

Thanks in advance!

DDO
Instructor
#142 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 4:17 PM
daysies: If you just want the house and no family or any custom objects then just export the lot file and nothing else. I did it and it works fine.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#143 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 4:45 PM
Thanks! I will do exactly that. I just wasn't sure what I can or can not delete. The lot file was obvious, but I wasn't sure about the rest. This sums it up for me. Thanks, Motoki!

DDO
Instructor
#144 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 5:07 PM
Phervers: I know people keep requesting things of you and I am one of them so sorry if I am being a pain, but what do you think about a batch utility that could clean lots by automatedly going through all sims2pack files in a directory and yanking out all files in them except for the lots, or resaving them all as new files with only the lots (and perhaps something appended to the file name so as to differentiate it from the original and not overwrite it).

Obviously you wouldn't want to use such a utility on packaged sims or lots with families when you actually want to import the family, but for those of use who download a lot of houses I think having a utility that could go through and clean them all in one easy step assuring us that no hacks or otherwise unwanted stowaway files will end up in our games when we install the houses would be a godsend.

Thanks again for all your work on this great and desperately needed utility!
Test Subject
#145 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 8:27 PM
I have installed the program. I have the .Net installed on my computer as well. All the features of the installer program do not work for me properly. I would like to know how to uninstall it. I am sure it is a great help to some people. Keep up the great work and thanks anyway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#146 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 10:01 PM
just change file associations and remove program
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#147 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 10:13 PM
Phervers: I hope it's okay if I request a feature... (I put it in the modding wishlist forum and then I realized it is more of a S2PCI wish)

Since we can already repackage lots after removing the unwanted (hacks, family, etc.), is there a way we can just package the family without the lot? I suppose it should work by unchecking the lot file (and hacks and object files) and only checking the family file and custom content (made from bodyshop), since Sims created from body shop is also a .sims2pack file. By any chance, is this already in the works? This would be SOOO helpful if we can do just the opposite. Thanks!

[ Edited 03-12-2004 10:14PM ]

DDO
Test Subject
#148 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 4:43 AM
Hi, I am not sure what you mean phervers. Please tell me how to change the file associations. I am new to all of this and have not done that before. Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#149 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 4:48 AM
Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 6:40 AM
This program keeps getting better and better, its working on my comp. and its been a blessing.

My Sims 2 Site
www.mbs2d.com
Locked thread
Page 6 of 54