Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#1576 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 14th Feb 2021 at 3:48 PM. Reason: WRONG IMAGE
I followed links you shared here, Cat. I found Southern Heritage is the most suitable, even it's too much decorated, that really looks a bit retro. SO I tries to make replica of this house. The site says house has 895 sq ft bonus above. I quess it is in attic, however. How they could leave such a great room unfurnished? Who will buy a new house with 2nd floor unfurnished? I can't stand it. I added second master bd at attic and bonus room was reduced sagnificantly. I need to find another finishing so I tried to use this colors instead. I am not sure actually it really looks good enough, but the result you see in screens attached. And yes, there is a bit of my real life in this: you can see bookcases in toilets.

Thanks, Cat!
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1577 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 4:56 PM
Very nice, Vic
You nailed that roof! There are gingerbread CC gables you could add (if you wanted CC?) that would finish it perfectly - I don't have a link, but they are by Marina, and Shasta redid them at some point - so they'll be on her tumblr somewhere.
LOL - bookcases in the bathrooms... I'd prolly keep that for my personal game (not for an uploaded lot) but, that's hilarious
I love the walkway/bridge - very elegant! How about using the upstairs bonus room as a play-room? Either kidlet toys, or a pool table/darts/cards area?
This looks really good .

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1578 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Very nice, Vic
You nailed that roof! There are gingerbread CC gables you could add (if you wanted CC?) that would finish it perfectly - I don't have a link, but they are by Marina, and Shasta redid them at some point - so they'll be on her tumblr somewhere.
LOL - bookcases in the bathrooms... I'd prolly keep that for my personal game (not for an uploaded lot) but, that's hilarious
I love the walkway/bridge - very elegant! How about using the upstairs bonus room as a play-room? Either kidlet toys, or a pool table/darts/cards area?
This looks really good .

Do you mean those ones? They were made by Marina and she was made them white, shasta was just recoloured. I'll not use them and won't even try to find any suitable due to those fact I made 37 degrees roof angle here and not usual 45. Nobody will make gables with such roof angle.
I would like shelves for bathrooms, so I placed there bookcases to make look them like shelves. Seriously, why not? Books there could make process much entertaining. :D

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#1579 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 11:15 PM
Beautifully done @Victor_tor The roofline is perfercto Great Job

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1580 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 10:40 AM
After great success (three likes is certainly great) of previous house of southern heritage house, I designed second one that's seems from the same series. It shares same features with bookcases and attic. Unfortunately I used to replace windows in, what ever it called, a bay windows? in the stairs zone. And I used interior biege colour, I really hate XD This house's having three bedrooms without any extras. There is just one master bedroom here with two and half baths with bookcases.

Here is how whole district of Cairo city now look after changes:

My opinion: I will never make such colourful houses myself. I usually trust all things called and just can hope this is true southern heritage. Southern heritage houses are so colourful! In my country traditionally houses are bicoloured. There is one wall colour of any kind and white for anything alse: shutters, pediments, cornices, gables, doors and windows. You can see it in other buildings nearby that was made by me and shares this palette. Certainly those two houses are pearls of this city I wish to share them separate but I need to know how to rotate the sun to make it turn to main facade. I don't like main facade is shaded by sun.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#1581 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
...but I need to know how to rotate the sun to make it turn to main facade. I don't like main facade is shaded by sun.

*sigh* Unfortunately, the only way I know to "turn the sun" - is to rebuild on a lot that's facing the right direction.
There are many threads/discussions on the matter, but I could never figure out the way to do it. If anyone knows how - I'd be extremely happy to learn .

Your hood is looking really good, BTW. And, you've inspired me to work on a whole hood. My 1930's Mockingbird Lake project is on hold for a while (It's just too huge!) So, I started a modern hood. I'll post pixs later (if I remember to take some) ...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1582 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 6:24 PM
I need to know how to rotate the sun to make it turn to main facade. I don't like main facade is shaded by sun.

Unfortunately, this is not possible (with TS2). It is something Mootilda (RIP) tried to figure out, and she mentioned it a number of times in various threads, but was not able to do. It is one of the more frustrating things about this game.
In TS2, you have to decide on the sun's angle when you first place a Lot in the 'hood, and you can't change it afterward. You do have the option to turn off shading altogether though, if I'm not mistaken, although that kind of sucks.
Theorist
#1583 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 6:58 PM
*sigh* Unfortunately, the only way I know to "turn the sun" - is to rebuild on a lot that's facing the right direction.
There are many threads/discussions on the matter, but I could never figure out the way to do it. If anyone knows how - I'd be extremely happy to learn .

Your hood is looking really good, BTW. And, you've inspired me to work on a whole hood. My 1930's Mockingbird Lake project is on hold for a while (It's just too huge!) So, I started a modern hood. I'll post pixs later (if I remember to take some) ...

Bwahaha! This game won't never stop to wonder me with its unflexibility. I have never seen such type of creative process and hope that never will cause I found now how I really hate that. Each time I start to tell you or Jawusa about any kind of issues in Sims 2, there is a great chance to find out you can't repair your issues, you need to start again. I guess this minefield walking is just Sims 2 in nutshell XD Sooo... I guess that's better to enjoy with all mistakes made, and kill my entire perfectionist. Like John Lennon sing: Let it be ^_^

Mad Poster
#1584 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 10:38 PM
Here's the start of my Modern Desert Hood. It is temporarily titled Arid Butte, hubs says I should rename it Big ButteĀ  - I want something that reflects the idea that all the houses are "Modern." Ideas?

It is using my last 30-or-so modern houses/apartments; some of which have been modified a bit to reduce the CC. The hood will have some/minimal CC.

The top of the Butte will have touristy type stuff - a Nat'l Park, shops, etc...
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1585 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 7:30 AM
Looks cool, Catherine.
How about Bighorn Butte? Bighorn sheep still inhabit the various mountain ranges in the Southwest and I used to know someone who lived on a Bighorn Butte Drive, in a reasonably classy 'hood.

By the way, do you visit GoS? I just started a Sims-related forum game in their Pixelated forum over there - check it out, you might be enticed to play along.
Theorist
#1586 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 10:08 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 19th Feb 2021 at 10:44 AM.
The idea that all the houses are "Modern." tells me of flat roofs and skyscrapers. I did not understand Butte means. It looks from first sight that hood is completed and ready for share. I think you may need to share it as fast as possible until it had not corrupted or caught by game bugs. Can't help here probably with anything else.
I wish you a lot of luck and creativity with time for release it.
Regards Vic ^_^

Mad Poster
#1587 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 4:10 PM
The idea that all the houses are "Modern." tells me of flat roofs and skyscrapers. I did not understand Butte means.

Modern yes - but a neighborhood... so no skyscrapers. Although there is an area for a "city", if people want to add one.
A Butte is a land formation - a rock formation that is taller than it is wide. Kinda like a Mesa, but taller. IRL they are not livable/neighborhood places.
So, on that note, maybe I shouldn't name it Butte-anything. *sigh* ...I think it's a funny word.

It's not quite ready for release. It needs more hood deco. And, I don't know if I should add families? (Sim-beings are not my forte.)

@Rob - do you have a linksie? I get lost so easily on GoS...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1588 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 4:22 PM
@Rob - do you have a linksie? I get lost so easily on GoS...

Yeah, they moved it to the gaming forum, here: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...0;topicseen#new

The game is an interesting way for Lot makers to show their creations. It's just a forum version of the "Find 10 Differences" game, where you are shown two pictures that are almost identical, except for 10 subtle differences that you have to find. We've all seen those in magazines and newspapers.
I started with the first example late last night and this morning shastakiss PM'ed me with all the correct answers.
TS2 seems to be perfect for this puzzle-solving game.
Theorist
#1589 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 10:57 AM
Whee! I am very curious with result, Cat. Please post more WIPs. How did you made such full screenshot with subhoods buttons?

Forum Resident
#1590 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 5:05 PM
So I fund this Medieval Tudor house plan on Pinterest and so i decided to plan it out on graph paper
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VdrKg5

But as I was building it I decided to completely expand it as usual like i do! Now it looks like Medieval Inn which I really love!

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1591 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 4:59 PM
Sims 2 building is so harrasing. Ugh
Thanks to TLC TV shows that tought me to build houses properly. I tried here to do my best.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#1592 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 5:06 PM
How did you made such full screenshot with subhoods buttons?

I think that's just hood view in camera mode (tab) with the 'prnt scrn' button. I don't think I had Fraps on...

And that ^ looks pretty good What are you trying to accomplish?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1593 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 5:15 PM
And that ^ looks pretty good What are you trying to accomplish?

I try to make it as much realistic as possible.
I found today this mod. It scares me about how install it. Also I'm not sure that screenshots made with that could be named CC free when shared. But that looks so damn good! I like the warmth of sunsets and sunrises there. That reminds me of sweet Sims 3 lighting mod I currently have installed.

Mad Poster
#1594 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 7:00 PM
...It scares me about how install it...
Also I'm not sure that screenshots made with that could be named CC free when shared...

@Victor_tor
That mod is easily installed with theĀ Scriptorium - which you also need for custom stairs etc... Get it, you won't be sorry . It is not considered CC. You do not have to credit it in your upload. (Although I have it in my "fine print" of standard mods I use.)

ETA: OMG! No, I do not have it in my "Fine Print" - but, I will from now on!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1595 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 9:22 PM
Hmm. Here is mod in action. I have complicated feeling about this mod. Gunmod was made sconces to lit so intesive while shade was made as dark as hell. Though I like to see comprehensive blue tint being wiped and true colors to be seen at night.
[spoiler]
Screenshots

Theorist
#1596 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 10:28 PM
Hmm. Here is mod in action. I have complicated feeling about this mod. Gunmod was made sconces to lit so intesive while shade was made as dark as hell.

I also have this mod installed, by way of Numenor's Scriptorium, as mentioned by Catherine, and I also have mixed feelings about it.
Like you, I like the sunrises and sunsets, but many of the interior lights are glaringly bright at night, especially against a light-colored floors.
Also, take a look at any large closet at night - they are almost completely black, as are a number of other objects.
I've tried making some adjustments during the (re)install, but I don't think it made much difference.
I'm debating whether I will keep this mod.
Mad Poster
#1597 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 2:59 AM
You could both try Dreadpirate's version. I tried it, but didn't like it. The closets were too dark, and basements were pitch black on my machines - so I went back to the original one. But y'all might like the new one better? It's a manual install - so, back up your originals first!

And @Vic - did you choose the brighter unlit room option? I like it much better (- it's an option in the scriptorium install)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1598 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 12:52 PM
You could both try Dreadpirate's version. I tried it, but didn't like it. The closets were too dark, and basements were pitch black on my machines - so I went back to the original one. But y'all might like the new one better? It's a manual install - so, back up your originals first!

And @Vic - did you choose the brighter unlit room option? I like it much better (- it's an option in the scriptorium install)

Ok, Dreadpirate did not gave accurate description and pictures represent all fixtures made so I decided to test it myself. Here is another comparison.

I noticed we used same wall stone covering at my house foundation and this mansion. But those picture is representing great grey slate at night while mine is still touched by purple cast. I don't know actually how that came up. Maybe he (or she) was using some extra mods or edited his (or her) pictures with PS. Anyways I feel myself tricked and disappointed.
Screenshots

Theorist
#1599 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 12:44 PM
The closets were too dark, and basements were pitch black on my machines - so I went back to the original one.

Did not encounter with this yet. Those houses I show here both has walk-in closets. So they need light inside anyways. And they are both has no rooms in their basements.
Nights are still too dark for my taste, but all that done is done. Let it be.
Oh look. I was made a shot in empty room! Just look at this minimalistic design! It does not even have anything eye pricking and excessive. It's worth your sims ninjas.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#1600 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 12:40 AM
All wonderful houses guys Keep up the fantastic work!

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 64 of 98