Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#1626 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 8:56 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 25th Mar 2021 at 4:14 PM.
I deleted my previous post of my latest upload, a rebuild of the Don Lothario house, because I changed the exterior look of the house to make it more resemble the original.
Here's what it looks like now:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1627 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:59 PM
That looks more like Don's house! I like it much better (for a redux of Don's place)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1628 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:40 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 21st Mar 2021 at 4:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
That looks more like Don's house! I like it much better (for a redux of Don's place)

Yeah, the first rebuild was a daylong brainfart, because I broke one of my own rules for rebuilding a house, namely, that a rebuild has to at least have some resemblance to an original, otherwise you're just building a new house. Regardless, the differences betrween the first rebuild and this one are purely cosmetic, because all I did was replace the pitched roof with a flat one and change the color of the house back to white.
I actually like this version better too.

This highlights the problem in rebuilding a Maxis Lot, because most of them are so crummy that trying to turn them into something nice means the result will look nothing like the original, which makes the entire exercise kind of pointless.
Still, I'm going to do the Caliente sisters' house too, and maybe one or more of the others of this style in Pleasantview.

Addendum: Speaking of brainfarts, I just heard something funny - "Every fart contains art".
Mad Poster
#1629 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:03 PM
My current project... I'm calling it "42" for now. It's a commune/apartment/4-house complex.
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1630 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 7:05 PM
My building process is a pain that I don't wanna share

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1631 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:34 PM
Oh well I found today. That Sims 2 is really good for play. Seriously don't think I hate Sims 2 so far. I love it but this game is better when I download stuff made by someone rather then create anything myself! Seriously. The creating part needs time for support and you need to do all carefully otherwise crash! boom! bang! and you'll need to start all over again. But when you throw all creators' duties and just pick download button and then ticking thanks, things become simplier

On other hand Sims 4 that has GREAT tools for building that can be easily understanded even by child. Some thing can be done by one click. Click - you has cornice! Another click - you has new roof trim. If you forgot or miss anything you can easily change appearenace and restack your house rooms like pile of boxes. Maptags in Sims 4 are easily to maintain and has way less features that easy to handle. I find that's better then those great mess in Sims 3 where some, like coffee shop and java hut, are close to each other and has miserable diversities. You can even save rooms! Not just create blueprints like in Sims 3 but save whole room! But... oh well. When you try to play it, all good crashes to ground. I've been played it one year and then demolished. Even with all packs installed it feels like it loses in gameplay. You can create there anyways... with no reason to play with stuff made tho

That's where sims 3 come the least of evils. Its building tools are mediocre and it has some nice features from Sims 2 (like CFE cheat) and from Sims 4 (like creating basements). SOmething in the middle between Sims 2, playable but hard for building and Sims 4, perfect for building but unplayable at all. And of course its great bonus is open world.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1632 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:10 PM
I appreciate those comparisons, Victor, because I often wonder what the differences are between the three games.
It's starting to look like I'll probably never get into Sims 3. I've had the base game and 3-4 expansion for a couple of years now and have yet to even install it.

I've long been of the opinion that Maxis/EA needs some competition from other developers/publishers, someone who would make a Sims-like game from a different approach. Not sure exactly what kind of approach, but maybe something less buggy.
Theorist
#1633 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:55 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 26th Mar 2021 at 8:14 AM.
My latest is a new version of the Caliente Sisters' house, from the Maxis Pleasantview neighborhood:

Screenshots
Theorist
#1634 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 3:29 PM
My latest creation is a rebuild of 190 Main Street, Pleasantview. This is the house to the left the Caliente sisters' house. It also represents another nearby house, 50 Middle Lane, which is identical. The download also includes a mirrored version representing 30 Lakeside Drive, another nearby and near-identical house.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1635 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 6:54 PM
@ScaryRob both houses are very well done! the proportions are spot on!

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1636 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 8:42 PM
My current WIP:
(based on these plans - https://archivaldesigns.com/collect...iper-house-plan)
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1637 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 9:25 PM
Heres a couple views into the little courtyard at night! I think its quite cozy
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1638 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 9:32 PM
My current WIP:
(based on these plans - https://archivaldesigns.com/collect...iper-house-plan)

Nicely done! Love the blue! Cant wait to see the progress! and i love using archival designs

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1639 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Heres a couple views into the little courtyard at night! I think its quite cozy

Looking inside through those windows is beautiful! Nice job!

Anyone know what causes this lotImposter "Mess"?
And, for some reason, every time I put the lot in the bin and bring it out again (so I can test) it kills the back stair section! It's easy enough to fix (just click and drag), but I can't upload something like that!!!
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1640 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 7:23 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 29th Mar 2021 at 9:58 PM.
Sorry to double post - but I have a dilemma, and need ya'lls input

Which roof should I go with?

Which roof would you more likely want in your game?

ETA: Pix #3 - Hey! How's this? I lowered the pitch on Roof #1 and filled in the space with the stage...
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1641 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 10:23 PM

ETA: Pix #3 - Hey! How's this? I lowered the pitch on Roof #1 and filled in the space with the stage...

Hmm I think i like the lowered roof pitch better! Cleaner lines

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1642 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 2:39 AM

Lower pitch roof, but without filling it in.
Mad Poster
#1643 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
...but without filling it in.

You are kidding me, right! That mess of roof artifacts is awful! It needs covering up! OMG

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1644 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 11:21 AM
Difficult difficult, lemon difficult. Any way you could hide it with some CFE? I honestly see nothing wrong if the roof would have a flat top.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1645 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 11:34 AM

Tbh I like much complicated roofs like french penthouses. That's like your roof on 2nd pic but has another roof with lower angle on flat space top. But don't mind me. That's just my own preferences I've always liked.

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Difficult difficult, lemon difficult.

Hi, Johnny! ^_^

Theorist
#1646 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 3:35 PM
My latest creation is a rebuild of 70 Middle Lane, one of the houses in the Caliente/Lothario section of Pleasantview, and it includes a mirrored version. This is the fourth and final installment of my rebuild of this group of houses.

Screenshots
Theorist
#1647 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 11:57 PM
Next WIP
Mad Poster
#1648 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 9:55 PM
I posted this as a WIP before... but I just wasn't happy with it. I wanted garage doors, dagnabbit!
So, I reworked it - from scratch.
Not only does it have the pyramid dome above, but the 4 houses are nestled down in various gullies inside. . Now I am happy.
I'm not done yet - insides need finishing out; but it has been play tested - pets and people can easily access everything. All angled items are useable. All pertinant stuff is there.
...Oh! and it is completely CC Free.
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1649 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 1:24 PM
Is there a story behind the project or was it just..well, an experiment?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1650 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 3:45 PM
It's an "Experiment" LOL... It started back in 2016, with Pyramid Commune No 9.
Which is built really neatly - and pushed my building limits back then. But, I always wanted to go a step further.
I am still mastering the Grid-Adjuster - so I wanted to try my hand at combining advanced CFE techniques with it. The pyramid and the varied dug-out gully levels for the 'houses' are all done with CFE. However, adding the garage doors is impossible without the aid of the G-A. Then I also needed to do some G-A work to get the 2 and 3 story houses inside the pyramid.
I'm still working on parts of the insides - decorating and what-have-you - but, I might be done with it today. Then I'll test it one more time - make sure I haven't broken anything. Set it to an Apartment Lot; photo it, and write up the description. Presto! Done .

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 66 of 98