Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Kingdom of Niua Simoa - World and Population (base game compatible)

by kiwi_tea Posted 28th Jan 2010 at 12:30 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2010 at 10:25 PM by kiwi_tea

409 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 375 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 17
Test Subject
#326 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:42 PM
Hi !
I've installed the base game and put the folder in "saves" but it still doesn't appear in my game... Did I do something wrong ? What can I do to usa this new world ?
Ps- I have the patch 1.9
Thanks !
Test Subject
#327 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 8:55 AM
I'm having a similar problem to Crix. I have 1.11 patch and every time I try to install this or other neighborhoods it says it's successfully installed but then I start the game and the neighborhoods aren't there. Then I start up the launcher again and it doesnt appear as if I ever installed the neighborhoods. Have you heard of this problem before? It's driving me nuts because your neighborhood is gorgeous and I really. Really. like shiny things like your neighborhood (:
Test Subject
#328 Old 6th May 2010 at 3:02 PM
Thanks ka^_^
Test Subject
#329 Old 11th May 2010 at 8:50 PM
Hi!! I love Niua Simoa it's awesome, just the world i was looking for. Haha. The neighborhood downloaded fine, when I choose the world for a new game the only problem is I don't see the cool people you made for the town. Maybe I just downloaded wrong or placed it in the wrong place, not sure. Your probably busy and all and may not read this post. But thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 16th May 2010 at 6:22 PM Last edited by gohan2091 : 18th May 2010 at 8:36 PM.
Very good work! I really like this world and installed it without any problems. I wish there was more larger areas of land though where you can place custom houses as most of the time, the land size is too small.
Test Subject
#331 Old 19th May 2010 at 10:51 PM
Thank you so much for the world, kiwi_tea!

I've moved some families of my own into the blank neighborhood, but when I try to open the save game it tells me that there's a serious error and I should restart the application. I've restarted The Sims multiple times and it still won't work ... Does anyone have any suggestions?
Test Subject
#332 Old 21st May 2010 at 6:30 AM
Thank you! This island is wonderful, and I love the plot that goes with it. Currently, I'm having the House of Murakawa take over the island from the hands of the old royal family. And there is a Pollination Technician on the island researching the natives. I like this island better than Sunset Valley.

I have to agree that the one major setback is the lack of large plots.
Test Subject
#333 Old 23rd May 2010 at 3:29 PM
the 4th base game one wont download...is it okay if I just don't use that one?
Test Subject
#334 Old 23rd May 2010 at 3:32 PM
Okay nevermind, its working now
Test Subject
#335 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 7:18 PM
How do you add the population for this world? I don't know where to put the population files.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#336 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 11:04 PM
The directory is in the Install Instructions tab on this page, wiistevenduda1.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#337 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 12:40 PM
Argh! I totally forgot to provide the .world file! *facepalm* I'll set aside an unpopulated one for that purpose, the one I'm working on atm has families in it.

Test Subject
#338 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 3:39 PM
This looks very awesome however I am unable to install it as when I download the files and remove the MTS stuff as requested and then using both win rar or 7zip it says the volume and file is corrupt.

I have the High-End Loft Stuff 1.0, World Adventures 2.6.1, Ambitions 1.0 and the base game at 1.12 or whatever the latest one. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Instructor
#339 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:27 AM
Where is the extended version of this world for WA? The link you provided just leads to an error page. The hell?
Test Subject
#340 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Felix6
This looks very awesome however I am unable to install it as when I download the files and remove the MTS stuff as requested and then using both win rar or 7zip it says the volume and file is corrupt.

I have the High-End Loft Stuff 1.0, World Adventures 2.6.1, Ambitions 1.0 and the base game at 1.12 or whatever the latest one. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Had the same problem, then I noticed the file names are slightly different by a few characters. This is most likely your problem. Just change and make all the file names identical (keep the .partX at the end of course) and then extract it. Worked like a charm for me.
Field Researcher
#341 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem. My unRARing/unzipping (7-Zip) program keeps telling me that some of the files are "broken". I'm actually just trying to reinstall the population save, since it's been glitching since Ambitions*, so I managed this before, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I noticed on page 12 someone was a bitch about it, and someone else told them they weren't unRARing it properly...? I tried looking at the download page's instructions and didn't see anything, though. Sorry if I just missed it.

*If anyone wants to know, the side tabs of people's faces, to the left, where you can choose between different family members, weren't showing up. I'm pretty sure it's just Ambitions being a brat, though.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#342 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
@Le Carrera

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=389287

Should link right to the WA version, otherwise look at my profile by clicking my name. You'll find a link there.

@LyndisLyn

Thank you for being helpful!

@thiafy

Hmmm. That's very odd. I might have to retest this world with Ambitions. I think MTS's system for downloads is a bit shaky sometimes. I tested the files by redownloading and could get to unzip fine. Perhaps you need to try WinRAR? Sorry I can't be more help.

Lab Assistant
#343 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 8:33 PM
Umm so, it took me like 3 months to figure this out and I got it. I love the whole place .
Lab Assistant
#344 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:21 PM
Hey, can I get some help? When unzipping, it tells me to 'insert new volume'? WTH do I do? LMAO.

Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will
Echo with laughter
Lab Assistant
#345 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:28 PM
Nevermind, thanks Lollingsims3.

Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will
Echo with laughter
Test Subject
#346 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:15 AM
Okay, so I just have a story for you Kiwi. I have been playing Simoa for a while, and I have never seen ghost of Tora Rotorima. Just now I spotted her by the graveyard, which I thought was strange because her gravestone is by the house. Anyways, she was heading towards one of the cliffs and she just floated off, and she was literally flying over the mountains.
I was so amazed because usually my ghost sims run down the hill, break into a npc car and drive around the neighborhood, but never fly in mid air! So I followed her to see where she was descending to, and she flew right through the Sevele residence (Sisana married Ama in my game) and then she landed on the ground at the end of one of the Fales.
So my question to you is did you make her special in anyway? Have you ever seen this happen? Anyways I LOVE playing your neighborhood. Thanks
Test Subject
#347 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 2:26 AM
I think you may have a thief on the exchange... http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2865487
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#348 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 4:29 PM
i have question - i downlaod this world, everythings work, but i can;t f.ex go to shop, i have;t any cook/logic/etc books in bookshop, i can't go to the cinema. what's wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#349 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 6:05 AM
i cant download part 4.rar please help!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#350 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 4:49 PM
weird. Downloaded the world and can not open it, Keeps giving an error.. Bummed out wanted to try it out
Page 14 of 17