Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5976 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I don't think that's a mod, there are some windows from I think Seasons that have those swinging opened things on the outside and either yes or no flower boxes, those windows have a seperate blue-red-wood colour set for the outside and a seperate colour set for the inside, which matches the other seasons furniture.

They aren't those, but same idea.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#5977 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Those shelves from OFB meant for shops. Why do they not match anything. Why couldn't they have given us some that look like they're from actual shops. Why do they have such random colours. Why are there not even matching counters. Also why are there only two maxis shelves that would fit an actual house.

Why do those shelves have so many slots for selling things, but that same number of slots wasn't built in to other surfaces for decoration or functionality? I can fit several small flower vases on a shelf to sell them, but not so for decorative purposes when using a table roughly the same size.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Forum Resident
#5978 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 7:09 PM
How sims don't react upon being resurrected/resurrecting someone with a genie wish. Also that they and people who know the resurrected sim don't get any memories about it.

I am Error.
Test Subject
#5979 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 1:29 PM
Toddlers.

the screams.
the cries.

They're devil incarnates.
Forum Resident
#5980 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 1:56 PM
I actually don't mind toddlers; they're not my favourite lifestage, but I don't dislike them. My toddlers don't even cry all that often, however, the only issue I have with them is that when they fall asleep on the floor nobody can interact with them. It makes sense though, as it prevents sims disturbing sleeping toddlers. Doesn't stop them from disturbing toddlers in cribs, though (I had to mod that behaviour out...).

I feel like I've said this before, but I detest hobby wants. Even though I have a mod to reduce hobby wants and other mods that have an effect on wants, I still get them. Sure, I don't get 'Blog about Hobby,' or 'Talk about Hobby' anymore, but I still get wants that get on my nerves, such as 'Play Computer Games,' 'Play Chess,' 'Go Jogging,' and other wants like that which take over the want slots of my sims. That's one of the reasons why I changed up my University rules last year to base the motivation on interest in school, as opposed to wants. Why? Well, every college student, and I mean every college student, wanted to do nothing but play computer games and chess if they got even a trickle of games enthusiasm. It was boring and would have resulted in the hood having no college graduates...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#5981 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 2:53 PM
With Toddlers I sometimes use boolprop or a cheat object to keep them sleeping.

Toddlers are really one of the things that caused my Sims 2 burnout. For all the game's supposed emphasis on the Sims' life cycle...nothing really effects them in the long run, it doesn't matter if you teach a kid the toddler skills or not. All it produces is either a red or green "growing up" memory...which in itself means absolutely nothing. Plus there's other factors that can influence a toddler's aspiration bar, so there's really no solid reason to even bother with the toddler skills except immersion.

I think there really should have been some consequences on how well you raise your Sims. Nothing too dark, of course, but for example one idea I brought up several times would be that every time a Sim ages up some of their personality points get switched around. If you raised your Sim well (which, in the Toddler stage would be teaching them the Toddler skills) you'd be able to redistribute the personality points as you see fit. If you didn't raise them well, it would be random.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#5982 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I think there really should have been some consequences on how well you raise your Sims. Nothing too dark, of course, but for example one idea I brought up several times would be that every time a Sim ages up some of their personality points get switched around. If you raised your Sim well (which, in the Toddler stage would be teaching them the Toddler skills) you'd be able to redistribute the personality points as you see fit. If you didn't raise them well, it would be random.

That actually sounds like an interesting idea, every time a sim grows up badly they lose a niceness point maybe, so if they had a bad childhood it might be harder for them to make friends as adults. Or for every good age-up, you could give them an extra point of personality. I like that. Isn't there a modded object that can change non-genetic personality?

It reminds me of the sims 3 system where you could only choose traits for your sims if the mother's pregnancy went completely smoothly or they had an A in school, and otherwise they would get a random trait, which would be better or worse depending on whether you taught the child enough toddler skills or if they had a good grade in school or a bad one. I kinda like that system. It might be bad if you want full control over your sims, but lots of people randomize the trait even if they're offered to choose it. I'm gonna adapt this system into my game, thanking you.
Mad Poster
#5983 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
With Toddlers I sometimes use boolprop or a cheat object to keep them sleeping.

Toddlers are really one of the things that caused my Sims 2 burnout. For all the game's supposed emphasis on the Sims' life cycle...nothing really effects them in the long run, it doesn't matter if you teach a kid the toddler skills or not. All it produces is either a red or green "growing up" memory...which in itself means absolutely nothing. Plus there's other factors that can influence a toddler's aspiration bar, so there's really no solid reason to even bother with the toddler skills except immersion.

I think there's a bed-wetting mod somewhere, where if you didn't potty train your toddler your child sim will wet the bed . . . am I remembering dreams or long-lost sims mods? (It wasn't something that appealed: I've done quite enough RL potty training to appreciate the easiness of sim potty training.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#5984 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I think there's a bed-wetting mod somewhere, where if you didn't potty train your toddler your child sim will wet the bed . . . am I remembering dreams or long-lost sims mods? (It wasn't something that appealed: I've done quite enough RL potty training to appreciate the easiness of sim potty training.)

I vaguely remember something about that from long ago. i don't know if it existed or if it was just a discussion about the possibility.

Agreed, there are no consequences for not teaching toddlers walking, talking, potty or nursery rhymes. If there isn't a bed-wetting mod, then maybe a Sim not taught potty training Sim loses Outgoing points as they age, becoming more shy. Perhaps a non-taught talking Sim could be limited in maximum logic points for their life. And mabe a non-taught walking Sim could be restricted in their maximum body points for their life. And a Sim not taught the nursery rhyme could be limited in maximum charisma points since teaching them the nursery rhyme increases their charisma. Or some other sort of restrictions/changes so there is some motivation for the toddlers to be taught those things.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Top Secret Researcher
#5985 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 2:58 AM
I remember the bedwetting mod--in fact, I believe it's actually in my game, but my tots are rarely a) not potty-trained, b) low aspiration, and c) going to bed without using the bathroom first.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#5986 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 3:23 AM
The fact that there's so little functionality available in diagonal spaces

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#5987 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 1:43 PM
I've been trying to sort out the clothing catalog situation lately, collecting default replacements, add-ons, and filling the gaps... so two things struck me:
The fact that there is ZERO formal outfit for women in vanilla game that is not a dress or skirt (even though the everyday section has a couple suits that could easily have been made available as formal too). And generally speaking the lack of options for non super-feminine sims

Also, the separates are so under-utilized! why give us this function and then limit it to everyday only and fill it with atrocious jumpers and tacky halter tops? (the BG stuff especially is... something)
Forum Resident
#5988 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 1:48 PM
Yeah, the mod does exist. I don't have it in my game as it isn't my cup of tea. However, there appears to be two versions; one is called All Kids Wet Bed and the other is called Simlogical Wet Bedding Mod Update/Fix. The latter is the most recent. It affects children in low aspiration, children who haven't been potty trained, teens who wet the bed as a child, and teens in low aspiration.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#5989 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 6:19 PM
Every single time you influence a sim to cook, they either try to cook a plate of instant meals, or they attempt to cook one of the fish meals, go to the fridge, then act surprised that you don't have any fish. Like bruv why do you insist on making something with fish. And why do you forget it after finding out we don't have fish. Why do they always want to cook fish. Why.
Field Researcher
#5990 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
I've been trying to sort out the clothing catalog situation lately, collecting default replacements, add-ons, and filling the gaps... so two things struck me:
The fact that there is ZERO formal outfit for women in vanilla game that is not a dress or skirt (even though the everyday section has a couple suits that could easily have been made available as formal too). And generally speaking the lack of options for non super-feminine sims

Also, the separates are so under-utilized! why give us this function and then limit it to everyday only and fill it with atrocious jumpers and tacky halter tops? (the BG stuff especially is... something)

THIS. I noticed the lack of diversity in formal attire for women the other day and I had the exact same thought about the fact that, in the vanilla game, elegant outfits with pants instead of skirts ARE available, but are categorized as everyday only.
On the same note, with Seasons they could have recategorized many beautiful outfits from the basegame and nightlife as everyday&outerwear but they didn't and we have to use mods to take care of this matter.

One thing that I strongly dislike is the fact that townies and NPCs can't spawn with facial hair, dyed hair, makeup, piercings, unusual clothing... One of the best element of TS2 is the 90s-early 2000s aestethics and it would be amazing if the algorythm behind townie generation was more creative. I would love middle-aged clowns, street artists, punks and metalheads with piercings, French waiters with a trimmed moustache to randomly populate the neighborhood. They would have much more character than these vanilla anonymous townies with clean, shining jawlines, zero mascara and polo shirts, especially if your neighborhood is a big urban centre and is supposed to have cultural diversity. Townies can't even spawn with glasses or a bald head ._.
Mad Poster
#5991 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Khal Ulti
One thing that I strongly dislike is the fact that townies and NPCs can't spawn with facial hair, dyed hair, makeup, piercings, unusual clothing...
They certainly can (and do!) spawn with unusual clothing if you "townify" the clothing. This is easiest done with the Wardrobe Wrangler. Most of my recently spawned male adults have Knightskykyte's "Pretty Boy" outfits for their formal wear. (I suppose that means it's not unusual in my game. )

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#5992 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 5:12 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but trying to stop an NPC to talk to them is really difficult. It drives me nuts. That and "pathing" in general.
Forum Resident
#5993 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 7:06 AM
lighting and picture taking, when you take a picture of one sim and the light is perfect and go take one of another and the lighting is completely off even if you didn't touch it
Mad Poster
#5994 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima

Try the files on MTS that move everything to appropriate categories. I am afraid I can't remember the creator but they are a well known one.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#5995 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 11:24 PM
The discovery that separates can be enabled for any category is such a game-changer, and it's so easy too, just scan your clothing folder in SimPE, tick your chosen categories and set. Done. You can't select them in CAS (although they may show up randomly) but as I play the premades and make over everyone in game with Pescado's clothing tool, that doesn't really bother me. I very rarely download fullbody outfits at all now, separates provide so much more variety!
Test Subject
#5996 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:46 PM
Default a screenshot to support my opinion of toddlers being devil incarnates.
Quote: Originally posted by Luqi
Toddlers.

the screams.
the cries.

They're devil incarnates.

the smile.
the stare.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5997 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 11:34 PM
Grrrr..I can't find a rose TREE, or a climbing rose. NOTHING I found looks like a rose tree, and even the bush types rarely have flowers that LOOK like roses. AND roses don't bloom in the winter.
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#5998 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 1:08 AM
I think there's some kind of family friends glitch in this one household. They've got low level jobs, but the friend requirement says 0 (+1). But I have family friends already, so they're not being counted for some reason.
Field Researcher
#5999 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 2:11 AM
When a specific house crashes the game. I'm trying to enter the McGreggor farm for the first time and I can't!
crash crash crash crash crash 7 times in a row, taking things out and fiddling with this and googling that and nada zip zilch.
I was having a lot of fun with other houses, and this huge time wasting setback just... deflates me. I feel my heart in my stomach and I'm kind of hating sims now.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#6000 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 4:14 PM
It's when I can't get into my game because my own schedule is horribly messed up and I've not been able to find the time for sims.
Page 240 of 274