Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#10451 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 6:35 PM
I'm a little down, as I lost my notes on Crystal Pleasantview; mainly age differences for the uni round and the house rotation order. How? I took brief notes on my phone, which now doesn't turn on for some reason. It will show the phone name and the boot up, however, instead of loading my lock screen, it loops The house rotation order I can jot down again from the updates I make on here and archive, but the ages of some sims, I'm not sure... This is why you backup your notes and not rely on one place to store it

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10452 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
The first premade household I played was the Broke family. It was a terrible mistake. Brandi died while she was cleaning the bathroom in the middle of the night... I quit without saving and never touched the family again. It's an overwhelming family to handle when you just get started with the Sims 2.
Veronaville is the best neighbourhood for a newbie to start with as there are no pregnant Sims in it. As in real life, pregnancy is best left till you have a bit of experience.

Myself I've been playing Veronaville for over eight years and there's been only one pregnancy there in that time. (It resulted in twins who are now starting school.) There have been five marriages in that time, most of them in the closing months of last year. And there have been no deaths in my game -- ever! When many players describe what's happening in their games, they basically enumerate all the Births, Marriages and Deaths. By that token, I've been playing the 'hood for over eight years, and really nothing has happened!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#10453 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Veronaville is the best neighbourhood for a newbie to start with as there are no pregnant Sims in it. As in real life, pregnancy is best left till you have a bit of experience.

Myself I've been playing Veronaville for over eight years and there's been only one pregnancy there in that time. (It resulted in twins who are now starting school.) There have been five marriages in that time, most of them in the closing months of last year. And there have been no deaths in my game -- ever! When many players describe what's happening in their games, they basically enumerate all the Births, Marriages and Deaths. By that token, I've been playing the 'hood for over eight years, and really nothing has happened!

I feel that, I like my rather stagnant neighbourhoods since even without death/births occuring except in rare scenarios, it's usually just as fun to watch what other Sims decide to do with their relations whilst on a community lot, especially when it causes enemies and relationships I didn't expect to have occur.
Forum Resident
#10454 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

It's funny because I remember when I first downloaded the sims 2 I went straight to Belladonna Cove, the biggest hood of all lol. It didn't really matter since I was still under the impression that the Ideal Way To Play The Sims (tm) was to make yourself and marry your crush/someone rich then kill their family so you can get their house, and even after I got into playing rotations I put off playing Veronaville because I hadn't yet read Romeo and Juliet (we had Hamlet in school instead), and wanted to wait until I educated myself so that I could "give them the justice they deserve". Then I read the play, booted up the neighbourhood, found fifty discrepancies and realized I wasted my time. 10/10 would do it again.
Mad Poster
#10455 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 1:15 PM
Quote:
This is why you backup your notes and not rely on one place to store it.

Brother, do I hear you on that!
When I lost my previous computer and had a new one put together using the main drive from it, I found that I'd lost over 40 days worth of notes for Tinsel Town, and I felt that loss keenly. They were all on a part of the hard drive that somehow get lost in the transition.
I had to redo not only my Sims2DB set up but also try to get the order back into the game.

Pretty soon I'll be backing up my gameplay notes on an external drive so to make sure they don't get lost again!

I can't bear the thought of it happening again!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#10456 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Brother, do I hear you on that!
When I lost my previous computer and had a new one put together using the main drive from it, I found that I'd lost over 40 days worth of notes for Tinsel Town, and I felt that loss keenly. They were all on a part of the hard drive that somehow get lost in the transition.
I had to redo not only my Sims2DB set up but also try to get the order back into the game.

Pretty soon I'll be backing up my gameplay notes on an external drive so to make sure they don't get lost again!

I can't bear the thought of it happening again!

Glad you were able to get your order back.

It turns out my phone is completely gone, I think the only way to fix it would be to hard reset it, however that would result in me losing everything anyway and it's not guaranteed that it will work

On the plus side, I rewrote my rotation order using the 'What's Happening in Your Game Now?' thread and the hood updates on my tablet to help me. As for the uni round ages, I used an early backup (from the start of this recent round) to help me make notes on them. So, I got some semblance of order again

Theorist
#10457 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 5:26 PM
I usually take brief notes in a notebook to keep track. I mostly rely on my memory.

I feel like playing the game but don't really know where to start.
It's currently spring in my hood. My sims don't have springtime cc outfits and I don't feel like downloading stuff.
I have some pending stories to play. Well time to launch the game and see.
Top Secret Researcher
#10458 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 10:30 PM
A townie, a teen I think that came home with Dustin Broke after school, was holding toddler Beau when it was his time to age up and this hilarious glitch happened
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Instructor
#10459 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
My sims don't have springtime cc outfits and I don't feel like downloading stuff.

I feel like this happens to me a lot. I get an itch that I need some new cc hair or clothes, so I go to my favorite creators' pages, open up about 3-6 tabs of simfileshare (or whatver) links, then all of a sudden ya know, I don't really feel like downloading anything right now, so I close it all out.
Forum Resident
#10460 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:20 PM
I just had a random thought while playing yesterday.

So, toddlers have to learn how to talk from their parents to have to know how to talk, right? The Rip Co. Rabbit Head that teaches charisma can also be played with regardless of whether or not the toddler knows how to talk, right?

So... why can't the Rabbit teach the toddlers to talk, too? Surely, a toddler can pick up some words from the rabbit. I don't know why this thought popped into my head, but I've been wracking my brain about it since last night

Would it be something to do with the parents actually having mouth movements, while the rabbit doesn't?

Alchemist
#10461 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 6:27 PM
They actually intended the rabbit head to work that way at one point. There's code for it in the game files.
Forum Resident
#10462 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 6:34 PM
I wonder if the sims ever had like a typical Karen complaining about something petty/ridiculous. I imagine that at some point a child has to have stumbled upon the game, and found the "try for baby" interaction, casually mentioned it to their parents, and mother Karen would have fumed over the video games corrupting their precious and innocent children by telling them that babies are made when mom and dad go under the bedsheet.

Or maybe a very religious Karen calling the game the devil because an elder sim died and the reaper appeared with succubi (the hula zombies) and promoted witchcraft and signing contracts with the devil (pleading with the reaper). Or maybe even something even more absurd and ridiculous.
Alchemist
#10463 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 6:49 PM
Yeah. The most famous "Karen's" real name in this case was Jack Thompson, and a search with his name and Sims 2 will pull up all kinds of ridiculous complaints he made.
Top Secret Researcher
#10464 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Yeah. The most famous "Karen's" real name in this case was Jack Thompson, and a search with his name and Sims 2 will pull up all kinds of ridiculous complaints he made.

I regret googling now

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#10465 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I imagine that at some point a child has to have stumbled upon the game, and found the "try for baby" interaction, casually mentioned it to their parents, and mother Karen would have fumed over the video games corrupting their precious and innocent children by telling them that babies are made when mom and dad go under the bedsheet.

I was like nine or ten the first time my mom let me play her Sims 1 game. In that, if you recall, woohoo was called "Play In Bed". One time instead of that it said, "Have SEX!" I asked my mom what that meant (I had never encountered that word before) and she said "Oh, it's the same as playing in bed." So for years I thought that was what sex was--two people get in bed, go under the covers, and wriggle around while making weird noises. Maybe there's fireworks. But it does create babies sometimes.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#10466 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo

Okay, after looking this up... it made my night!

Mad Poster
#10467 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 9:17 PM Last edited by HarVee : 20th Mar 2021 at 9:38 PM.
I've been thinking about returning to the game after a few months hiatus. Can't say any progress will be made with BaST since that project is causing CTDs atm. Either I have poorly coded the project, which is possible, or the game engine can't handle what I'm pushing it to do. I am looking forward to creating my Major Tom 'hood soon though. Anyone want to recommend good space/sci-fi cc for me?

Quote: Originally posted by Essa
It's currently spring in my hood. My sims don't have springtime cc outfits and I don't feel like downloading stuff.

I'm the opposite. I have a lot of spring and summer outfits, very little winter and autumn outfits. Unpopular opinion; I've just never been a bundle up in a coat type guy. I think a lot of coats look ugly and would prefer t-shirt and jeans even if that means my Sims freeze. Just adds to the challenge I say. I wonder if it comes from having lived in a desert most my life?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#10468 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:14 PM

You mean you actually change their clothes?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#10469 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:39 AM
There's gotta be a better way to combine package files. I can't find any tool out there just a bunch of people talking about how it wouldn't be beneficial but I am in doubt over their claims as they provide little proof that it doesn't make a difference. The default game uses combined package files for its content and it loads speedy quick, so I can only image how much faster it would load if you took say 5GB and combined it all into a single package file.

Field Researcher
#10470 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
There's gotta be a better way to combine package files. I can't find any tool out there just a bunch of people talking about how it wouldn't be beneficial but I am in doubt over their claims as they provide little proof that it doesn't make a difference. The default game uses combined package files for its content and it loads speedy quick, so I can only image how much faster it would load if you took say 5GB and combined it all into a single package file.

Sorry if you already know about this: I use LazyDuchess's CC Merger . It can't merge everything (stairs, roofs, fences and a few other things are out), but it helps a lot.

I tend to only merge recolours, as I like keeping meshes separate.
Lab Assistant
#10471 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 10:27 AM
Back in the day when I first played the game, I thought it was ridiculous how sims would cry and get a bad memory when they saw cockroaches.
While I've never seen a cockroach irl, the past 5+ years every spring I've been dealing with ants. So. Many. Ants.
And I get it now. Boy do I get it...
Forum Resident
#10472 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 3:42 PM
I can't stand that windows look so bad when they have a roof over them ...
Top Secret Researcher
#10473 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 10:17 PM
Apparently the grand vampiress in my game is a high school teacher. Gabe O'Mackey had a chance card, something about bugs incorrectly tagged, and he ended up bringing the co-worker home thanks to it and the co-worker...was the contessa who right away had to say goodbye, and since he was recycling the newspaper she couldn't wait and ran off screaming "Ahh, the sun I must flee!"

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#10474 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 11:00 PM
I wonder why Maxis never gave us terrain tools for the nhood mode. Yes I know there is a cheat, but the cheat is so limiting that I usually never use it unless I need to put a piece of deco on a rooftop or smooth out a road.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10475 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I wonder why Maxis never gave us terrain tools for the nhood mode.
They did- Sim City 4! But I find the terrain modification tool okay, it allows for raising or lowering or flattening terrain, basic but quite adequate for most needs.
Page 419 of 516