Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 8:26 AM Last edited by bob-plums : 30th Jul 2020 at 8:27 AM. Reason: spelling

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Object Error - "Controller - Pregnancy" ???
Howdy there!! I got a quick issue and I might do a few things to solve it in the meanwhile, so sorry in advance if this ends up as a major learning process, but also thank you in advance for bothering with this! This didn't happen until Pregnancy, effects nothing else, so I am gonna put it under Gameplay? I guess? Maybe it's a bug? Glitch? But we all know it's probably bad/conflicting CC?

The Situation
I started a fresh hood for a fresh BACC and got my cute founding families and am playing the first one. They ACR-Try For A Baby'd and I heard the lil jingle. Over the next two days I got periodic errors stating 'Object Error - "Controller Pregnancy" Invalid Constant' (error report below). The 'pregnant' sim seems to have needs tanking as if she were pregnant (compared to husband & child), cannot try for baby, InSIM says she's pregnant but doesn't feature a way to end it.
I've tried forcing error on her and resetting her numerous times, I've had her bathe/change, haven't tried the good ol move in-out trick yet, which I should have done first in retrospect.
Error Report

I have used the HCDU to find any possible conflicts and found only one dealing with pregnancy; Q, I've had InSIMenator and Sim Blender together for a while? But could this be my conflict/issue?
HCDU Report

Game/Comp Specs
TS2 Ultimate Collection
Windows 7 64bit
(let me know if you need more, I am dumb)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 8:48 AM
Did you perchance add any new pregnancy-related mods? There are a couple of preg controllers available, just for starters.

You could delete the pregnant sim from the lot and exit to the neighbourhood - she should reappear by the letterbox when you reload the house. That might fix her. I can't remember whether you are supposed to save before exiting to the hood, I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm muddled!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 9:07 AM Last edited by bob-plums : 30th Jul 2020 at 9:16 AM. Reason: added info
So the error only appears if TestingCheats is on. I stop getting it once the cheat is disabled.

I reloaded the game and she and Elijah woohoo'd before bed and I checked her pregnancy with InSIM.
Before, I couldn't view it and had like 2 options, to view details (showed me nothing, no notification), or to change father NID.
Now she has the father "Alejandro schweber" - I assume NID goes in alphabetical order to some degree and so she got a random father?
From finding out her first pregnancy was off, I tried to fix it, setting the father to the husband (Elijah) and attempting to accelerate it. It would not accelerate so I aborted the pregnancy to recreate a new one. Setting the stage of her pregnancy is not working, but I can accelerate it.

ETA; Her pregnancy stops at the 25th Hour when accelerated. I haven't installed anything new to do with pregnancy lately, it was all just recolors of hairs and furniture.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 3:40 PM
Yes, you don't get error logs when you're not in debug mode. That doesn't mean the errors aren't happening.

You've got some mod that's hacking the pregnancy controller badly. You need to remove it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yes, you don't get error logs when you're not in debug mode. That doesn't mean the errors aren't happening.

You've got some mod that's hacking the pregnancy controller badly. You need to remove it.

Is it the conflict I gave in the original post, between InSIM & sim blender? Because that's the only pregnancy related conflict I can find?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 11:45 PM
Do you have No Sim Loaded but not Smarter EP check? if not go grab it. Installing NSL without it can cause pregnancy issues.
Do you have Chis Hatch pregnancy controller? And again check that you have all needed files.
If you have moved things around, particular mods it's possible to create clashes without downloading anything new.

Make a full back up, remove your downloads and see what happens then. If things go smoothly you know its something in your download folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have No Sim Loaded but not Smarter EP check? if not go grab it. Installing NSL without it can cause pregnancy issues.
Do you have Chis Hatch pregnancy controller? And again check that you have all needed files.
If you have moved things around, particular mods it's possible to create clashes without downloading anything new.

Make a full back up, remove your downloads and see what happens then. If things go smoothly you know its something in your download folder.

It had to have been the DH PregController, turns out I had the wrong version! I went through the No Sim Loaded - Smarter EP Check, as well, I have both so that didn't contribute. Back in game I managed to progress her pregnancy using inSIM, and managed to get her to give birth! Problem fixed!

Thank y'all (all of y'all) for putting up with my dumbness and ignorance! I really appreciate the patience!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bob-plums
It had to have been the DH PregController, turns out I had the wrong version! I went through the No Sim Loaded - Smarter EP Check, as well, I have both so that didn't contribute. Back in game I managed to progress her pregnancy using inSIM, and managed to get her to give birth! Problem fixed!

Thank y'all (all of y'all) for putting up with my dumbness and ignorance! I really appreciate the patience!!

That would do it, and no worries we have all done stuff like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#9 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 10:27 PM
Glad you have resolved it.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort