Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 3:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Found Holiday Pack Stuff, but messed up base game hairs
So .... here's a rather odd problem I don't know how to confront.

A few years back I went on a quest to recover 1 lost hair from the Holiday Pack, and boy was it an adventure. I don't remember what I exactly did to fix the issue, but I got my hairstyle finally and moved on with life.

Now, I've realized in the process of finding that one hair, I've made the base game hairs un-defaultable.

I kept trying to download default replacements for the awful basegame hairs, but none of them were working. All the other hairs default fine. I'm pretty sure whatever I did to fix my Holiday Pack hair is the culprit, because it reshuffled my Create a Sim menu.

Any idea what I did and how I could un-did it?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 2:03 PM
Greets,

While it adds clothes and hairs, I doubt it was the Holiday pack.

( a quick check, base game, should show the H05 & H06 plus skins packages are the all the year 2006)

I would look for over-riding property sets in your load order.

Remove everything in the Downloads folder, except the base defaults, and see if the base defaults then work.

Best I can come up with....

GS
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Savagegrace
Greets,

While it adds clothes and hairs, I doubt it was the Holiday pack.

( a quick check, base game, should show the H05 & H06 plus skins packages are the all the year 2006)

I would look for over-riding property sets in your load order.

Remove everything in the Downloads folder, except the base defaults, and see if the base defaults then work.

Best I can come up with....

GS

So, I took out all the downloads, but left in the default replacements and they worked.

I definitely did something wonky. But what, I dunno
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 12:23 AM Last edited by Savagegrace : 9th Aug 2020 at 1:15 PM. Reason: clarity
You're close,

Add your other files to the Downloads folder.

Bring up Delphy's Download Organiser and run it.

Sort by Type and look at the Replacement files.

That should give you a big clue....;-)

GS