Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 1:05 AM
In The Sims, I had a cat who bought himself a scuba diving gear.

But sadly, he forgot that he could not swim.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
In The Sims, I had a cat who bought himself a scuba diving gear.

But sadly, he forgot that he could not swim.

Really it doesn't matter if you can't swim if you have a scuba tank on.

He could just walk around on the bottom of the sea/lake/ocean. Of course in a swimming pool if he couldn't climb the ladder . . .
Eminence Grise
#53 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Even though UL is more my style, this pack already sounds so awesome! I hope that if we do get "mersims," we'll be able to have them live in our Sims' homes, even if they have to live in swimming pools. I doubt they'd be able to swim in ponds, though, since ponds aren't currently swimmable. Who knows? But pools are better than nothing. Or what about tubs? Maybe our Sims could woohoo with mersims as part of a new bath woohoo?

Or maybe there's a procedure for granting legs to your mersim, like turning IFs real (and like lots of mermaid stories).

EA playable occults always wind up as Sim-size bipedal humanoids, presumably because they would have to redo every animation in the game otherwise.
Alchemist
#54 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 3:37 AM
The thing about this EP is it sounds so different from what we have already in terms of the features. It sounds like it could have been a standalone game, like The Sims 2 Castaway. Because it is not a standalone game, and just another hunk of EP to slap on the The Sims 3, we should all know by now that EA cannot provide the sort of features being discussed in relation to this EP without severely diminishing their potential, and giving us something half-assed that makes us all ask, "But why can't my Sims do this, why can't my Sims do that, why are we restrained here, is this seriously somebody's idea of a houseboat?!?!" etc. EA cannot give us this EP without making it really crappy. It does have potential, it COULD be really cool, but before you get too excited think about the company that's putting this game on the market. They want you to buy it, they don't care if it's actually good. And because of the scope of it, it is doomed to fail miserably. I'd love to be proven wrong.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:04 AM
I'd be happy wit the boat was a static shells on a lot that intersected the water. Of course, I'm expecting more, but actual beach lots can add a lot to the game in it current condition.

Piers? Yes, please.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#56 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Or maybe there's a procedure for granting legs to your mersim, like turning IFs real (and like lots of mermaid stories).

EA playable occults always wind up as Sim-size bipedal humanoids, presumably because they would have to redo every animation in the game otherwise.

I think maybe the Mersim will have a tail in the water and legs on land like in the movie Splash. ^^ And if snorkeling and scuba diving are real and not a text adventure, then the Mersim can breathe underwater and not need the breathing equipment like the other sims do.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 11:30 AM
now i can finally make scuba steve

but seriously. who else is getting this for boats and mermaids? BOATS AND MERMAIDS
Instructor
#58 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 1:04 PM
This is just an observation but am I the only one who is seeing the similarities between this Ep and Far Cry 3's open world? It seems to me they at least definitely took inspiration from it,
Or it could be just me....
"A far away / hidden tropical island with collectibles to find, scuba & snorkeling, crafting, being able to drive boats on water,etc", sound familiar? Well, besides the owning resorts of course.
And if they continue along the same lines that means they might add hunting, like they hinted to in the recent surveys, making it even more similar.

Copy or not that sounds awesome! Especially if they were to capture /imitate the tropical oasis atmosphere that far cry 3's open worlds was successfully able to create :D
Scholar
#59 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:10 PM
Well, I just want to say that I am glad Island Paradise is being implemented by the Seasons team.
Theorist
#60 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:28 PM
Mermaids?? Pfft. I want Bottlenose Dolphins and Orcas.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:41 PM
Maybe they'll be a collectible for the fish bowl. ;_;

Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
now i can finally make scuba steve

but seriously. who else is getting this for boats and mermaids? BOATS AND MERMAIDS

I'm already there; half my townies already wear flippers. Go Team EA! Go!
Mad Poster
#63 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Maybe they'll be a collectible for the fish bowl. ;_;

Doesn't everything that goes into the fish bowl also go onto the BBQ grill and on the stuffed wall plaque?
Scholar
#64 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 5:55 PM
I would love it if you could actually travel to different worlds (provided they have a pier) in your houseboat.
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:01 PM
Not everything, we're not able to grill starfish and jellyfish (and probably other things I can't think of) because that would be way too disgusting. Even though grilling a starfish would be filling as it would make 5 nuggets with its 'legs' :D
Mad Poster
#66 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
I think maybe the Mersim will have a tail in the water and legs on land like in the movie Splash. ^^ And if snorkeling and scuba diving are real and not a text adventure, then the Mersim can breathe underwater and not need the breathing equipment like the other sims do.

Five bucks say that Ariel will become the first mersim upload.

But seriously, I really do think that mersims would most likely have to convert into regular Sims as the requirement for being added as a household member. I just don't see how it would work, otherwise. Even taking my pool idea into consideration, they'd be extremely limited in where they could go. What about going to community lots or visiting other Sims' homes? How would that work? I couldn't even picture mersims travelling by taxis or carpools, let alone their own vehicles. So, legs would end up being the more viable solution.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Mermaids?? Pfft. I want Bottlenose Dolphins and Orcas.

And sharks! That could be a new death for this EP! Shark attack XD
Forum Resident
#68 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:02 PM
I'd love to see different island have different themes. It could be like Sims: Vacation where one island have 3 different climates only now they're separated. That way, they can implement bigfoot and/or yeti along with the mersims.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:12 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 10th Jan 2013 at 8:39 PM.
^We've had sharks since the base game. Apparently, they've never hungry enough to eat Sims.

Had this been a real Sims 2 sequel, had a Sims hygiene and energy been low, they would been dead.

Mad Poster
#70 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
^We've hsd sharks since the base game. Apparently, they've never hungry enough to eat Sims.

I'm talkin about real sharks! Not those wimps that you can fish out of lakes and put in your fish bowl :P
Field Researcher
#71 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 10:36 PM

Unicorns.

It would be cool if some sea life was added the way Pets were---stuff that won't fit in a fish bowl. Dolphins, whales, krakens, that big ugly fish from Riven...
Forum Resident
#72 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 10:47 PM
Nah man, this EP supernatural should be Cthulhu.
One Minute Ninja'd
#73 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Not everything, we're not able to grill starfish and jellyfish (and probably other things I can't think of) because that would be way too disgusting. Even though grilling a starfish would be filling as it would make 5 nuggets with its 'legs' :D

Wait, I've made (well, my sim made) jellyfish sushi, and every time my sim catches a jellyfish, they get a wish for a peanut butter & jelly sandwich (took a few EPs being released before I finally made that connection).
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 7:47 AM
I honestly am not looking forward to this expansion. It just is not my style of playing. I think I might end up buying if it goes on a sale after a bit. I am glad though others are happy!

Check Out My Sims Photo Album
Challenges, Funny Shots, and Pretty Sims!
Auroradreamergirl's Sims
Mad Poster
#75 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear

Just interested in the boats and houseboats. My dream place to live. Mersims, meh.

Hmm, I need to take time and look at the chat again. I didn't see much on this topic, got called away. If there is lots of water activities, I am all in for that. I live through my sims, I can't handle the sun any more, so my sims get to do what I can't.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 3 of 114