Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:27 PM
Default Script Modding
Hey Prawler, your mailbox is full so I decided to create a thread here for modding discution.
Feel free to move or remove it, if this is not the correct place for it.

Anyways, that is good news that the next EP will include Zombies and other supernatural stuff! But I'll definitelly won't be doing a zombie mod now...

You also mentioned a "no traffic what-so-ever mod"... that I'm not sure if it would be to easy to do without going into Core modding (which we don't really want). I'm not sure if that can't be done easier by simply creating no roads... just a texture/paint that looks like a road...
Or you might be able to do it via XML tunning (I saw there is a ChanceOfGoingToCommunityLotByCar tunning setting in the lot object), but I'm not sure if it would work for non-community lots.

Adding new behaviours/interactions to the game is not too hard, but changing or blocking existing game behaviour is a bit tricky...

I don't know if you have anything else you would like me to do?
Maybe making use of Ambitions meteors and explotions?

Not sure if you might also want to go for ghost town instead of zombies? turning sims into ghosts and back is also easy.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 11:00 PM
Sure, I can look into making lethal traps, it shouldn't be to hard.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 6:40 PM
I swear there are lethal traps in WA?

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
I swear there are lethal traps in WA?
It's tough to kill Sims with those traps, but if you make the door lock behind them and leave nowhere to run...

Surprise! HALLWAY OF DOOM!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 12:45 PM
Default Exploding Zombie Rubber Ducky
Ok, here's something I think would be cool for you to add in the world package.

The object itself is a rubber ducky, only it's pale blue and purple instead of yellow.
The idea would be to palce it in discrete locations, hardly noticeble.
It has one interaction: "Inspect".
When the Sim goes to check it out...
POW - it explodes in it's face!

I've attached the initial version of this object mod, in case you guys want to try it out.
To put it in a lot, you need to type the "testingcheatsenabled true" and "buydebug" commands, and it's available in the tomb objects section.
It has a debug interaction (ctrl+shift+click) where you can define the explotion size.
Small/Medium explotions will "hurt" the sim, reducing the Energy, or kill him if the Energy reaches 0.
Large explotions will most likelly kill any sims near the blast and destroy a large part of the lot...

The idea is to add other effects in the future, which could be good or bad - like giving the sim extra powers/skills, or droping and meteor on his head or turning him into a zombie (when available)...
So that the player will always be tempted to Inspect other duckies to see what it would do...
Other ideas are welcome.

I've put this behaviour on a RubberDucky clone object, but it can be very easily set to any other custom object.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Desecrate_ZombieDucky.zip (22.7 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 4:08 PM
I'll test the duck when I can -
lol I almost write something else! Had to edit it

Just Call me Square!