Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#201 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 7:11 AM
I am making a new hood a bit like my old island one where the sims are like a self sufficient community, but I am giving them tiny cute houses and modern amenities. Just finished making over the mostly 1 by 3 lots with cc to be under 20K. 1 will farm, 1 will fish, 1 will sew, 1 will make toys, 1 will weave furniture and the last one I'm not sure yet, probably run a general store for items not covered like toddler items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Theorist
#202 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:31 PM
Are you giving up Coral Bay?
Mad Poster
#203 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 5:11 PM
Geoff Rutherford Hart threw his off-to-college party on a Saturday. Most of his friends are older, so it was very much a college rather than a teen party. He even got Donna Lothario, who he befriended hanging out at 88 during the Strangetown leg of the challenge (don't ask me what she was doing there; maybe she did a stint at the military hospital), to show up. Alas, Rhett went in to work and the party broke up as he returned, so there went that chance to connect with a potential babymama other than Darrell. Who he wants to fall in love with now. He's in real danger of aspiration failure if he doesn't get laid soon. I sent him out walking around the Pleasantview community lots, but he didn't see any locals - just his stepmother (with whom he has two bolts and doesn't really understand why we're not doing that), one of his son Silver's girlfriends (triple bolts but we're not doing that either!), and three old lovers. Gabby at least filled his want to slow dance. Ashley Pitts walked up and kissed him even though they've been out of love for ages, ever since she helped his brother-in-law cheat on his sister. And Penny hugged him, chatted a bit, and went to browse outfits. So he came home.

Geoff was one of four teens going to college at the same time, though not in the same campus. His bitter enemy Gabriel Newson threw his off-to-college party on the day his brother Sage returned from college, and the plan was to segue from off-to-college to wedding party; but Sage's fiance Moses Adams had landed a job and needed to go in to it; and he returned with the flu! I had to send him straight upstairs to rest and feed him comfort soup, and by the time I got a health notice it was too late for the wedding. So bummer. I sent Justine Cleveland to college from the neighborhood screen because she's Geoff's cousin and Gabriel has dated her, but I've never played her household seriously. Justine and Gabriel joined Gabriel's sister Galia in a dorm on LFT and they went shopping together, but Justine is hyped to join a sorority, and honestly it's Gabriel's job to rescue Tri-Fruhm, which has only two members now Sage has moved out.

Harding Hart also had a good off-to-college party and is safely moved in with his big brother Cole, though he may join his other big brother Leon at Tri-Var in the near future. He grew up into something tolerable so I haven't given him any significant playtime yet.

Geoff moved in with his brother Trent and they immediately packed up their stuff in inventory and moved into a modified Victorian Value, which they were able to furnish tolerably well with their combined grant money and the stuff in their inventories. Trent had some sweet date rewards, so they've got a piano, pinball machine, and electrodance sphere in addition to mundane items like a table and chairs. I even got them a decent stove; and Geoff, who has a silver toy making badge, brought a sample of his product and his bench, plus both boys have maxed creativity, so they can make money on the fly in between grant windfalls.

The first thing Geoff did was invite household on Hallie Capp, and Trent invited Oresha-Hoh-Var over. Hallie Capp dated Trent in high school, but between his leaving for college and hers, she and Geoff saw a lot of each other - Hallie is best friends with their sister Angel and came over almost every day. Then when she arrived at college, she kept rolling wants for Geoff to come to school, and she and Trent did nothing about their triple bolts. Geoff, for his part, has wanted to call Hallie every single day since she left. The very first thing that happened when her household walked onto the lot was walk up to Geoff and give him a romantic kiss - which honestly didn't surprise me at all. He then tried to teach her to catch a football - they're both family, and they both know this is happening, but apparently now that they've got red hearts they aren't in a tearing hurry about it. We'll see how Geoff's high school girlfriend Benedicta Monty feels about this when she arrives...

Trent and Geoff both had to leave for class in the middle of the day, which broke up the gathering, so in the afternoon they invited Tri-Var and the other Hart household, plus Ripley came to kick Trent's trash can and stayed to hang out. It was all very amicable and very collegiate. Though Ripley and Harding are both Romance and Ripley has dated Trent and Leon and Harding at various times, no drama arose. No doubt this will be corrected in the near future.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 5:18 PM
Apparently the Goth ladies really like Strangetown men. Cassie got married to Ajay Loner and lives with him in Strangetown since the early days of the Uberhood. During this round Bella is all alone in the Goth Manor since Mortimer died and Alexander went to university, so she just dated a bit and focused on work until she spun up the want to get engaged... to General Grunt. They have THREE bolts.
Top Secret Researcher
#205 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 6:34 PM
I finallllly finished my college rotation. It wasn't as dramatic as I thought it'd be.

Sophia and Georgina never once fought like I thought they would. I guess Georgina doesn't care about Ryan and Sophia being together now that she's set her claws on Anthony Landgraab. They've even made things official now.

Ryan Harris graduated and went back to Bluewater Village. Sophia Milad moved out of the Plaza Dormitory and into the prestigious Landgraab Dormitory to focus more on her studies. Georgina Wrightley and Alan Reyes stayed the Plaza and will be awaiting Melissa and Mariah Landgraab. I just hope Alan doesn't get Melissa pregnant again....This time they may not be so 'lucky' as to give it up for adoption.
Forum Resident
#206 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 8:14 PM Last edited by venusking : 14th Apr 2016 at 10:24 PM.
Gavigan (Isaiah and Tina Traveller Gavigan): After being in the media business all her life, Tina decided to write a novel herself. She wasn't quite sure what to write about, but it ended up being a romantic story about a girl who must choose between a poor man who loves her or a rich man who can give her material things. The girl chooses the rich man even though he is unfaithful. The story goes on about his various affairs and their stormy marriage. Wait - that's the story of Tina's life! So, even though she sold it as fiction, it was really more of an autobiography. Isaiah wasn't happy about the story and acted the way he normally did when upset. He invited over an old flame and they ended up in the hot tub. Immanuel, his son, caught him and had a predictable reaction:

Tina also saw him, but instead of running out and making a scene she stayed quiet. The woman stayed over for dinner and Tina acted like everything was normal. Immanuel started to tell her, but she stopped him before he could get it out. Later, after everyone left, she calmly told Isaiah to sleep on the couch. Then she went up to the patio and thought about things. Down below, she saw that Isaiah was swimming in the pool. This gave her an idea. The next morning, the kids were shocked to find Isaiah like this:

By the time the police got there, the pool ladder was back where it had always been. The neighbors reported no arguments and the dinner guest reported that Tina and Isaiah were getting along fine the night before. They chalked it up to an accidental drowning and dropped the case. Immanuel suspects, but doesn't have the courage to ask. This is how Tina got away with murder and got rid of her cheating spouse for good (although I imagine his ghost will be plenty angry).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#207 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Are you giving up Coral Bay?

Ahhgg, of course not! Every now and then I play another hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#208 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 4:40 PM
Ever wonder how one can tell when Ivy Cupor has been to the Science hobby lot?

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#209 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Ahhgg, of course not! Every now and then I play another hood.

I wish I could do that but I'm too lazy to set another hood.
Mad Poster
#210 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 6:53 PM
I only played a few families today.

Adeline Gavigan welcomed in Noah Gavigan. He's the spitting image of his father, Isiah. I'm hoping he'll have Adeline button nose when he grows up. Adeline, being a lonely pleasure Sim living apart from her husband, I decided to just randomly indulge in whatever appeared in her wants pannel. Poor Noah was ignored for most of the day due to his mother bouncing on the sofa and woohooing with the neighbours.

In the Indie household, Etsu went off to university and the triplets grew up. They're adorable! The new house is big enough, but the staircase area often gets crouded. It'll do for now though. Vivian and Mitch tried for more babies - but luckily weren't successful. Vivian really wants one more before elderhood.

Speaking of babies, over in the Biggs / Phoenix / Whippler / Traveller household, the twins grew up. Chaz and Marla are siblings in my game because that's what it said on the wiki, so she let Chaz and his heavily pregnant girlfriend Tina move in a few rotations ago. They weren't expecting twins and now the house is quite cramped especially now they (Whitney and Warren Whippler) became toddlers. Jimmy and Marla have been teaching them to walk and talk. Tina and Chaz have had little interest in their children and instead have decided that they're going to travel the world while Marla and Jimmy raise their twins - this has of course out a hold on Marla and Jimmy trying for a baby themselves.

There's so many toddlers and babies in Belladonna at the moment. Trina Dalton gave birth to little Bella-Donna Dalton. Shs just rolled a want to get married and a fear of being old and never married. Armand Debateau is the child's father, and he also impregnated her again (along with his Fiance Dina Cliente-DeBateau). The sad thing is, she's kind of just a baby machine because he decided he wanted 10 children before becoming an elder. Thanks to the quads, he's at 8 right now, plus the two on the way which are both due the day he becomes an elder. He went a little insane after the divorce.

I've worked out that in Belladonna alone, there are 22 toddlers (mostly multiples), 4 babies and 6 pregnancies. There must be something in the water.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#211 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I wish I could do that but I'm too lazy to set another hood.

Well 'seconds' hoods as I call them are never fancy. Sometimes I might just play a challenge in one. I use to make a hood and play the Toddler Mania challenge when I got bored of my main hood and then delete it. Haven't done that in awhile. I did place each 1 by 2 lot into the house bin so I can reuse them ready to go in Coral Bay.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#212 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 8:02 AM
Gilbert Jacquet and his wife Barb started the summer by working towards filling a want that Denise had for another grandchild (and Gilbert had a want for a baby, but that was less important - he does what his mom wants). The next morning, Barb went to her business job feeling a bit nauseous, and Gilbert and Denise went to the bakery. They sold a few pies and cakes, and then Gilbert rolled a want to woohoo five sims. When they got home, Denise paid the nanny and started teaching Yvonne a nursery rhyme while Gilbert called a neighbour he finds attractive. He had a date at the house with her, but Barb came home just as they were beginning to woohoo - odd that sims don't always react to other sims kissing in front of them, but can detect cheating woohoo from the other side of a lot. Barb was heartbroken and furious - she stormed in, slapped Gilbert, immediately had the first pregnancy pop, and then burst into tears thinking about being cheated on. Gilbert was angry about the slap, but he knew he'd hurt Barb more deeply. He started apologizing and trying to do nice things for her, but she was angry with him for a few days and he napped on the couch a lot. By the time their third child, Simone, was born they were best friends again, but Barb was still angry - and Gilbert rerolled a want to woohoo five sims. On the last day of summer he called another sim for a date, but this time made sure it was earlier in the day and he said goodbye to her before Barb got home from work. Gilbert is a very nice sim and he loves Barb, but he does not really want to be in a committed relationship - to me, his wants suggest he would like to sabotage it so that she ends the relationship and he doesn't have to. However, she loves him and despite being furious with Gilbert, Barb treated him well all week - but she's also unaware of how often he flirts with other sims. Four of the sims he's gotten crushes on were relationships that started when I was playing other sims and he was just in the background on a community lot. When I started playing the Jacquet house, I was going to have him be fairly faithful to his wife until Denise died, but when he started giving townies their first kiss I figured his story was going a different direction. I'm just not sure how long he's going to try hiding affairs.
Scholar
#213 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 3:04 AM
In my regular Maxis Plesantview (I have three: the main, the megahood and the genderbent uberhood) I have Dina Caliente married to Malcolm Langraab. They have twins Mimi and Dudely (props to those that know those names) and he has one boy, Malcolm Jr from his ex Brandi and Dina has a son with Alexander Goth. Well, I'm planning to have her cheat with Don and get caught, (turnabout is fair play because Malcolm cheated on Brandi with Dina) and move in with Don and get preg with Don's baby.

Weeeellll, I just found out my Risky Whoohoo works! I had the happily-for-now-married-couple partake in coitus and yep, Dina is pregnant again. Hooray for unexpected things happening!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#214 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 1:11 PM
Aiden moved in with his brother Don at University. After a short bit of skilling for Aiden I looked up some matches on the crystal ball for him and just had him sit and hang out with them.

First semester finished for Aiden and he had a choice between Physics and Biology as his major. A coin toss gave him Physics (though I'm not quite sure how either helps him run a business).

I had them both invite over a few potential romances and they seemed to strike it off with a couple -- Laverne Bush for Don and Patricia Bruce for Aiden.

Next morning all seemed well until the cafeteria worker set herself on fire, and I found out there was no sprinkler system (that was quickly resolved after the fire brigade turned up and the fire was extinguished).

Don passed his last semester with a B, giving him a 3.0GPA. Having graduated, I moved both Don and Aiden into a rental home.

Don did try and woohoo with his uncle's partner (I doubled checked and they're not married); I hurriedly shuffled her off the lot and directed Don's attention to his potential girlfriend. They ended up woohooing, and in what seems to be a pattern with university sims she got pregnant. Failed her abortion roll, succeeded on her adoption roll, so there's going to be another baby in the adoption centre.

...Better make that at least two. She's carrying natural twins.

I finished up the rotation, with Aiden getting a C+ for his junior year and Don moving back to Cresdale. He'll be moving into a new house once I'm done with the university rotation.

I then moved in Laverne to a small lot to give birth where she had two boys, Dillon with brown hair, light skin, and bright green eyes; and Otto with black hair, freckled skin, and the same green eyes.

(That makes three babies in the adoption house, all the same age.)

--

Next up was Caitlynn and Andrew Marshalls, and their (pseudo) cousin Gigi. Apparently Gigi (as a secondary Romance sim) is hot stuff as a moment after she walked through the front door of the dorms three men swooned over her. Two of them were dormies, and Gigi rolled the want to flirt with Forrest. She managed to snag Forrest for a date the following day -- they managed to get it to a dream date, with a little post-date woohoo thrown in for good measure.

She rolled up the want to woohoo with three sims the next day, and I managed to snag another dormie (Alton Short) to woohoo with. That got followed the next day by a date with him, and a rolling of some interesting wants/fears by him:

Wants: Get Engaged to Gigi; Have 2 Loves
Fears: Get Engaged to Gigi; Get Rejected for Engagement by Gigi

I dithered and debated, and in the end got the two of them engaged. She did roll up the want for a third first date, so I sneakily invited over a third of her interests, Darin Davidson. To my surprise, none of the date-induced woohoos resulted in a pregnancy.

Even engaged, though, Gigi could stand in the living room and trade off flirts between Alton and Forrest and neither got jealous.

Both Caitlynn and Andrew invited over their partners for a quick woohoo, and Astrid (Andrew's lover) managed to get hit by risky woohoo again. That means starting off that household on the next rotation with another baby incoming.

Caitlynn finished her last semester with a C, graduating with a 2.5GPA; Andrew finished his last semester with a B+, graduating with a 3.3GPA. I'll be moving them in together, moving in Astrid, then seeing where to go from there.

With them graduated, it was just Gigi for her last year of the rotation. I may have jumped the gun a little getting her engaged as she turned out to have three bolts with Benny Henry, the Llama mascot.

To my surprise, Gigi finished up the rotation with an A+ in her Junior year. I moved in her brother Nick and cousin Garth once the rotation was done.
Mad Poster
#215 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 5:28 PM
Well, the Greeks have all had a look at the new students. Ripley Grunt has dated Harding Hart and introduced him to the delights of woohoo. Randy Capp has thrown his graduation party and moved back into Capp Manor, leaving his sister Hallie and his fiancee Judy McDaniel sharing the house, and Hallie with a want to get engaged to Geoff Rutherford Hart. Randy was barely out the door and Judy at class when Hallie invited him over. Not a date; just a chance for a much-needed private conversation. Since there's this whole matter of her triple-bolting his big brother Trent that she dated in high school, and him having dated a Monty all through high school, himself.

Back at Geoff and Trent's shared residence, Geoff proceeded to give himself a makeover to better meet Hallie's needs. She has a turn-on for facial hair and somehow I never took him to the mirror to get him any while he was a teen - probably because, with the curlytop hairstyle he's had since infancy, he looked too natural without it. Being a Hart, he slightly overdid things and now looks slightly sleazy, but hey, he's his father's son, Family aspiration and all. He also drank his Renu-U-Portachug so he'd be turned on by brown hair rather than black. He had evening classes and Trent had afternoon ones, so he worked at his toymaking station and sold a bunch of firetrucks to pad their bank account until Trent stopped playing with the electro-dance sphere Davine Newson gave him for a date reward, and headed off to class. Trent had barely left the lot when Geoff was on the phone to Hallie, arranging to meet her at the Just-Off-Campus Diner. Why tempt fate and her getting distracted by his brother, after all?

Alas, it was a stormy day. Lightning had already struck two midbiscus trees, and the rain had safely put them out - but as he was on the phone, the birch tree on the lot was struck just as the rain was ending! He was outside panicking when the cab drew up, and the fire was clearly too big for him to put out on his own, so I had to have him call the fire department, and I'd already gotten one "you don't want to stand Hallie up" notice by the time the tree was reduced to a pile of ash and I could get Geoff into the taxi - reeking of smoke and with his other motives at half-mast. Not a promising start to a date!

The date went pretty well, regardless, all things considered. They sat to eat a little sooner than I normally would, but Hallie was rolling romantic wants for him and holding her nose at his stink at the same time. So he gave in and asked her back to his place, where he showered and she played pinball. He hurried the shower and went straight to his bedroom, calling her up, just in time for Trent to see her strutting happily up the stairs through the window as he returned from class. I left him to his own devices, and he tactfully went back to the dance sphere.

Though Hallie would have liked to have a ring on her finger first, she didn't let that stop her from rolling woohoo wants. After all, marriage is a very serious business in the GS Uberhood, where divorce is illegal - taking a test drive is only sensible. They woke up when Geoff had to go to class, and Hallie came outside in her underwear to try out the dance sphere herself. So Trent went in to make dinner - let no one say he is not a considerate brother and ex-boyfriend!

He started a kitchen fire. It was just that sort of day.

After class, Hallie and Geoff hung around (both still in their undies) canoodling, so Trent took himself out to the Campus Lounge to jam and make some more money and not brood over his life. Well, the jamming and making money parts worked okay. He was getting ready to go home when his great love Tammy Ottomas walked by, and he ran over and greeted her with a kiss, but she shrugged and walked on.

Geoff's sure he's going to like college. Trent's bracing himself for a sucky junior year. The player is trying to decide whether to move Hallie in with the Hart boys (Drama!) or Geoff in with Hallie and Judy (easier first-person documentation).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:34 AM
Quite a lot has happened in Lockridge.

Melanie Dawson and Brittany Wendland got married and became the proud parents - ahem, owners - to a puppy called Suzi. Despite Melanie being the family sim and Brittany being a knowledge sim, Brittany was the first to roll a want to adopt a baby. Thanks to the money she brought with her when she moved in and money Melanie made from promotions, they could afford to expand their tiny house to fit a small room and an additional toilet space (it's literally one tile wide) in preparation for their (hopefully) upcoming adoption. It took them a round to actually adopt though, since they didn't have enough money and had to save up. Brittany's job in the culinary career didn't add much to their income (thank goodness for Melanie's job as a city council member) to Suzi got a job after she'd grown up into an adult dog. Eventually the stars aligned and they adopted a baby girl whom they named Naomi (who has since grown up into a toddler).

Meanwhile across the road, Orlando and Serinda Baltimore have their hands full. Their eldest daughter, Eleanore, has grown up into a child. Serinda found herself pregnant for the second time following a risky woohoo (what are the odds?) and a few days later their second daughter Leighton was born. While Eleanore inherited her mom's skin color, Leighton is a copy of Orlando. Other than the recent addition to the household, the Baltimores kinda keep on truckin', I guess. Serinda still works as a SimJazzer Instructor and Orlando works as a Party DJ. They're not rich by any means but they get by and Serinda has started to settle into her new routine as a mom - it's been quite a struggle for her to adapt to domesticity due to the fact that she's a romance sim.

Unfortunately, Lockridge experienced their first death as Gertrude Sanford collapsed after coming home from work (she didn't have a job originally, but her good reputation preceeded her and a mutual friend of hers and Serinda offered her a job as a SimJazzer Instructor. She gave it a shot despite having 0 active personality points; hopefully it didn't cause a strain on her heart ). Lance was struck by the hard truth as he returned home from work an hour or so later, and he's been unconsolable ever since. He was 3 sim days older than her and he still survived her (as well as their son)... It's terrible. He's tried to keep himself occupied with hiking and other nature related activities, and he visits Gertrude at the cemetery at least once per day. Poor guy.

The Wilkinson house has become a lot more crowded since the last round! Alexandra got engaged to Leo Wilkie and he moved in with the family soon thereafter. Taylor, who aged up to a teen in the first day of the second rotation, and him get along really well; Alexandra was a bit worried about how they'd get along seeing as Taylor appeared to be more favorable to her other suitor, but her worries have proved to be unjustified. There must be something in the water in Lockridge when it comes to risky woohoo. After Serinda Baltimore's two unplanned pregnancies, it was time for Alexandra to be bitten by the good ol' risky woohoo bug. On the last day of the rotation, she gave birth to a son, whom they named Nick.

The Grim reaper has it out for the elders of Lockridge. In the Lavillenie household, Cynthia passed away, only a day after the birth of her 4th grandchild Gabrielle. It totally slipped my mind that Portia and Samuel had tried for a baby in the first rotation so I was a bit surprised to find her rushing to the toilet on the first day of the second rotation. There was obviously an explanation for it, and their second daughter was born three days later. She looks just like her brothers Bastian and Trent - Stacy is the only child who inherited Samuel's skin tone. The aforementioned twin brothers aged up to teens at the beginning of the rotation and Stacy followed suit towards the end of the week, around the same time as Gabrielle had her birthday and become a toddler. Bastian had a crush on Taylor Wilkinson from day one and now that they were both teenagers, he worked up the courage to invite her over to test the waters and see how she felt about him. Luckily she felt the same way so after some flirting and an awkward yet adorable first kiss together, they're now going steady. Samuel hasn't earned a promotion in ages as he hasn't rolled the want to gain any skill points in creativity. With college right around the corner (both Bastian and Stacy have LTWs that would require them to attend college), Portia is starting to feel the strain of their economy, so as soon as Gabrielle has aged up, she's going to be looking for a job to help out.
Mad Poster
#217 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 12:13 PM
I am making a larger, new version of Kipling - the initial one was too small and I got tired of going into the business hood all the time. I also have not played them for a while, so there wasn't much progress. This time I have got rid of all the townies, and there are no townies in my isolated, desolated military hood - only 20 Sims. Besides the military Sims, there are a doctor, a scientist, architect, journalist and a couple of Sims in the culinary career (since there is a diner and a bar). The previous hood has given me some better ideas, but I am backing that one up too, just in case. Eventually, as time goes by, the hood should grow with the population. Some CAS sims may be added later (a teacher, when the next generation goes to school, and shops, when there are Sims ready to run their own businesses, and so on. No shops yet, the military "provides" the food and clothing for now )
Scholar
#218 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 1:40 PM
The last household on the university rotation was the Lydhurst-Kraemer family, with Scott Lyndhurst, his wife Madeline, and their twins Katie and Mike. As I'd only readjusted the multiple birth odds this rotation, I hadn't quite realised that as they were both Family sims, their odds of future multiples would be reasonably high.

Thankfully they managed to get through the last few years of university without another accidental pregnancy. Scott finished his last year with a B, graduating with a 3.2GPA; Madeline was a year behind, finishing her last year with an A+ (after she rolled the want to get on the Dean's list for her final semester), graduating with a 3.3GPA.

I moved them into an apartment block in Springvale, next to the Lawrences and Marshalls (3) household. Both Katie and Mike grew up well on the Sunday, and I think Katie has Scott's nose while Mike has Madeline's.

While the twins were growing up, Scott and Madeline had snuck off for a quick woohoo which resulted in pregnancy. The odds of having a singleton are only 20%, so I was pretty much expecting twins -- and come 4PM, I was right.

Madeline had two boys, Justin with red hair (yes!), brown eyes, and a light blushy skintone; Roy also had red hair and brown eyes, and a slightly darker skintone.

(For those wondering why I'm so excited to get red-haired babies, I've modded it so that red hair will only turn up if both parents have a red-haired gene. Madeline + Scott; Tony + Stella; and Veronica + Jason are the only sim couples where this can occur this generation.)

--

I went to move Andrew and Caitlynn into an apartment, then realised I'd screwed up. Caitlynn was supposed to stay at university to complete a Doctorate -- my mistake, so she can stay in the main 'hood and I can manipulate things around.

Andrew found a job in Law Enforcement -- lucky because it was in his wants panel and I couldn't remember at the time what his ideal careers were. Doubly lucky because it was a job that had a work day scheduled for Sunday, the day they moved in. They did still have to borrow some money for things like beds, but Caitlynn got some money in by working on some papers for her Doctorate.

6PM Sunday came quickly, and Andrew invited Astrid Vanderpol to come live with him. I did wonder where Michael (their son) was for a few moments before he walked onto the lot.

One good thing about Caitlynn writing to earn money is that is also builds skills, and she woke up on Monday with 2/3rds of her want panel dedicated to skilling (and a fifth to earning $5k).

I sped up Astrid's pregnancy, and she gave birth to a boy, Emil, with the same brown hair/alien eyes combo as his brother but a lighter skintone.

--

I moved Don into a tiny house (and I mean tiny -- 1 storey on a 1x1 lot that even fully-furnished comes in at under $10k) just so I had a point of reference for him upon starting the next rotation. That done, notes written for the new households, it's time to start the rotation from the beginning.
Top Secret Researcher
#219 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 19th Apr 2016 at 2:28 PM.
Default McCarthy/Harris II
Not going to lie, I've been wanting the grandparents at the McCarthy household to die soon because they need the extra bedroom! Their daughter Aubrey has the LTW to marry off six children and so far she has the three. Avery and Sean are currently sharing a room but their younger sister, Kaleah, is about to age into a child so its going to be cramped until Cameron and Margaret go to sim heaven. I could turn the office into another bedroom but I they're so close to dying, I don't want to make any permanent changes just yet.

Aubrey and Kody have been trying for baby number 4 but it just hasn't happened yet so they went to the fertility doctor! She got pregnant on their first try but unfortunately miscarried later that night They 'went again' a few days afterwards and it took two tries to finally get it right. Good thing they have a lot of money!

Cameron and Margaret have officially retired. Cameron technically reached the top and retired from the ballet scene a while ago, but he had picked up an art job afterwards to keep him busy. They love to go hiking and they love working out. (But what sim doesn't?)

Kaleah aged into a child and she looks exactly like Kody's late mother, Lilly. She even aged into Lilly's hair as a kid, what are the chances of that!

--------------------------------------------------

Ian Harris has also retired. With the recent death of his older brother he decided to just enjoy the few days he has left. His wife, Genevi, makes decent money but unfortunately they have a lot of debt and four kids so their money doesn't last long. Genevi is focusing on paying off her school loans since its smaller but It's very likely that their son will inherit the mortgage debt.

The triplets will be separated for the first time in their lives. Victoria and Ian II headed off to Sim State while their sister Evelyn stayed behind. Evelyn would have loved to go to college but she's a teenage mom so she can't really afford to leave her son behind. She signed up for culinary school so thats something! Poor little Julian has never met his father. and I'm not sure he ever will at this point.

Meghan finally has a room all to herself now that Victoria and Ian are gone. The room looks weird now that its not cramped to hell. I think she'll be starting a part-time job soon so she can start saving up for college and for the first future cult of Bluewater Village
Scholar
#220 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 5:33 PM
Katya isn't that how red hair functions anyway? It's recessive to black, brown and blonde hair. So both parents have to either have red hair, carry a recessive for red hair or one parent be a red-head and the other parent carry a recessive red hair. Red-hair shouldn't show up otherwise. I've put quite a bit of work into cultivating red hair in my neighborhood just, because it is so recessive to everything else.

As for my hoods. Well gen 4 of the Savage legacy is in their last year of Uni. Spare, Cynthia Savage managed to get herself into a relationship with Garret Newson with no help from me whatsoever, which considering the fact that she only has one outgoing point its actually quite a feat. They'll be getting married right after graduation. Since Garret is a popularity sim their home will be the new family hub with constant parties and family members coming to visit. I still haven't decided between Carmen or Cookie who will the be the heir. I like both girls, but I've worked them pretty hard on their hobbies, grades,etc and such I think I'll let them slack off their last year and see if I prefer one over the other.

Meanwhile in spareville LaShawn (townie) married Bissette's ex' Xavier Bourne. They now have two children, a daughter LaXavier and a son whose name I can't remember. LaShawn is starting to realize that Xavier is lazy, and just wants to mooch off of a womans' money. He tried it with Bissette Savage, thinking the family was so wealthy they had plenty to go around and now he's doing it to her. She doesn't know what to do.

Bissette made her mom Odette finally reveal the identity of her other mother before she died and is slowly building a relationship with townie Rizelle. Savage cousins Bissette and Bianca are bestie's. When Bissette didn't go to Uni and Bianca dropped out they started hanging out together forming their own little clan within the family. Now they're having kids at the same time too. Bissette is on her second child with fiance Herbert Goodie (aged him down) and Bianca her first with townie husband whose name I don't remember right now.

It's fall in Empteton and its time for the next rotation to start. to build more connections I'm working on clubs and groups to get people socializing. Since the Who and Denton families both have a number of alien offspring they're going to be spending time together so the children can get to know one and other. It also looks like I'm forming a little Dance Mom's Club, this is mothers who are also dancer getting together outside of work. For many of Empteton's teens this year is the final push before Uni, their last chance to earn scholarships and accumulate the skill points necessary for attending Uni, that's two in every skill. With slower skill build in effect there just isn't a point in going otherwise.

Lora Adelayo having done her duty by her younger sextuplet siblings (dropping out of school and raising them when her mom took off) will soon be moving in with her fiance townie turned playable Joshua Tang. What she doesn't know is that her life is about to get a whole lot weirder since Joshua is determined to become a necromancer and raise Ramona Who from the dead as well as make a zombie out of Ramona's eldest son Charles Jr.

Kerry Caldwell gave married girlfriend Binah McCoy an ultimatum last rotation. It's me or your loveless marriage, I think Binah is going to chose her boyfriend. She doesn't miss the irony that everyone assumed that it would be her romance sim husband that would be the cheater. Oh well.

Svetlana Dorner is trying desperately to get pregnant and settle down in a "normal" life with fiance Kevin Browne. After everything that happened between her and Bella Aldon its clear that polyamory is for the birds. She'll be truly heartbroken when she learns that Bella Aldon intends to marry new girlfriend Nikki Blake.

There is much, much more but for the moment I think this is enough.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Theorist
#221 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
Katya isn't that how red hair functions anyway? It's recessive to black, brown and blonde hair. So both parents have to either have red hair, carry a recessive for red hair or one parent be a red-head and the other parent carry a recessive red hair. Red-hair shouldn't show up otherwise. I've put quite a bit of work into cultivating red hair in my neighborhood just, because it is so recessive to everything else.

How is red hair recessive to blond hair? Genetics are not modded in my game.
In my game, I had two black-head sims carrying a recessive blond hair and marrying a red hair.
Vixente got two blond-head boys and a red-head girl.
Ronny got one red-head and three blond-head boys.
Scholar
#222 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren

Nope. Default game behaviour is that black and brown are the same dominance level, as are blond and red. So a pairing where one sim has red hair and one sim has blond hair there should be a 50-50 chance of a child inheriting either hair choices. And a couple where one has black/blond and the other brown/red has a chance of the child inheriting any of the four hair colours. Before I mixed things up I had Julianne (blond) marry Wilbur (red hair) -- only one of their four children ended up with blond hair.
Scholar
#223 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 7:25 PM
Essa irl red hair is recessive to blonde and I always assumed it would function that way in game. I don't have many blondes in my game so so I guess I just never noticed. My most recent match between a blonde and redhead produced five blonde children and nary a redhead amongst them.

Katya how did you modify your game to make red hair recessive to blonde?

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Scholar
#224 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 7:41 PM
I grabbed this mod for altering hair genetics and fiddled around a little. I managed to set the dominance value of red hair to 3 (grabbing the 'dominant red hair' and changing the value in SimPE) which in testing and gameplay has shown it to be recessive to all other hair colours.
Banned
#225 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 1:41 AM
this is cool thread
Page 9 of 351