Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#26 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 11:26 AM
Hey,
I tried this but got the following error??

Do i need to apply a material to it?
Or assigne a image to it?
Followed all the steps with the only diffrence that this is a obj file.
Using 2.59 but the tools are updated so that shouldn't give problems i guess.
Screenshots
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#27 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:55 PM
You need to have an UV/Image editor open in your scene.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:24 PM
Not sure if you need this link Base but I'm gonna post it again for others reading through the thread. If you aren't familiar with Blender it's very helpful to use Cmo's tutorial to get your settings arranged for using the S3 Blender tools effectively. The link to it on the Wiki is here:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Object_Creation

This set up includes the image editor you need to use the Bake feature. The S3 Blender tools will bake .obj with no problem.
Sockpuppet
#29 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:31 PM
i only installed Blender to use it for baking the multiplier, so i followed this tutorial.
Maybe you can add the steps required?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
i only installed Blender to use it for baking the multiplier, so i followed this tutorial.
Maybe you can add the steps required?
The bake tutorial includes all the steps required. The caveat being that you need to have your settings correct to use it. Getting your settings correct is covered by Cmo in his Blender set-up tutorial I linked above (and in this tutorial itself). It takes about half a minute to go through that one...then come back and follow this one. Having Blender's baking power at your fingertips in an easy to use format is well worth the brief moments it takes to go through a short set up tutorial.
Sockpuppet
#31 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 2:07 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 27th Sep 2011 at 2:37 PM.
I hope so
Couldn't figure it out in 3ds max so thought i give it a shot.
Ill read the tutorial

Thnx, added Ps and it worked now
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#32 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 4:07 PM
To clarify, what was needed is the UV/Image editor window in Blender to be in the scene:

The tutorial OM linked adds this to your scene(this is why it worked after you did the tutorial). An external image editor is only needed to change the image to a .dds, but not needed for the script to work.

Anyway, sorry for being vague, and I'm glad you got it working.
Screenshots

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
I hope so
Couldn't figure it out in 3ds max so thought i give it a shot.
Ill read the tutorial

Thnx, added Ps and it worked now
NP I could add a set-up part to this tutorial but I figure there's no point in rebuilding the wheel...so I apologize for the extra step that caused you. Anyway, I'm glad you got it workin now
Field Researcher
#34 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Majuchan : 20th Dec 2011 at 6:14 AM.
I have a problem:

My object wont select all. the orange outline would only select a polygon. I used milkshape

EDIT: I managed to regroup everything, and the whole object is selected. which lead to my original problem. UV maping. I have tried manual making of the multiplier, but I didn't manage to get it right so I tried baking. However, the end result is blank.

Sorry for being troublesome. I can't save the image as .DDS a message pops out

Alchemist
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
I have a problem:

My object wont select all. the orange outline would only select a polygon. I used milkshape

EDIT: I managed to regroup everything, and the whole object is selected. which lead to my original problem. UV maping. I have tried manual making of the multiplier, but I didn't manage to get it right so I tried baking. However, the end result is blank.

Sorry for being troublesome. I can't save the image as .DDS a message pops out

In order for Blender to bake your object correctly it has to be mapped first. To map it so Blender can bake it right you will need to map each face you want to have a different amount of shadowing separately. If you did map your object prior to baking could you show a picture of the TCE in Milkshape with the object selected so I can see what the problem with it could be?

I'm not able to duplicate the error message Blender is giving you and I noticed you posted about it in the plugin download thread. I think Cmo can help you better with that part of the issue.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
TCE in Milkshape with the object selected so I can see what the problem with it could be?

I'm not able to duplicate the error message Blender is giving you and I noticed you posted about it in the plugin download thread. I think Cmo can help you better with that part of the issue.

I'm so noob. please be patient with me. What is TCE? I have not yet mapped the object earlier, I'm currently working on it...

Yeah, I also posted it there, I realize that problem is more appropriate there.

Thanks
Alchemist
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 12:50 PM
I'm so noob. please be patient with me. What is TCE? I have not yet mapped the object earlier, I'm currently working on it...

Yeah, I also posted it there, I realize that problem is more appropriate there.

Thanks
TCE is the Texture Coordinator Editor which is the area of Milkshape where you do your mapping. If you don't know how to map yet maybe this tutorial will help you:

http://jaue.com/om/OM_TextureMappingwithMilkshape.rar

If you have questions about it let me know

If the object isn't mapped yet you can't bake it using Blender (or any other tool that I know of). That's why your bake is coming out solid grey like that.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 1:22 PM
Thanks for the tutorial and thank you so much for understanding me. I really want to learn meshing. =3
Alchemist
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 11:24 PM
Thanks for the tutorial and thank you so much for understanding me. I really want to learn meshing. =3
No problem...everyone starts out not knowing how to do this and has questions
Field Researcher
#40 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 2:43 AM
yey! I have made my first end table haha... Cmo has already updated the add-on... I'm so happy! thank you so much for your patience. I hope you wont mind if I ask for your help in the future if I stumble in some trouble... Thanks you so much! Merry Christmas. (this is a great Christmas present.) :p
Alchemist
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 3:01 AM
yey! I have made my first end table haha... Cmo has already updated the add-on... I'm so happy! thank you so much for your patience. I hope you wont mind if I ask for your help in the future if I stumble in some trouble... Thanks you so much! Merry Christmas. (this is a great Christmas present.) :p
...np...questions are always fine. Merry Christmas to you also.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 8:33 AM Last edited by Majuchan : 21st Dec 2011 at 10:42 AM.
OK. Im back with a question. I'm having trouble When I click the box I want to place in diff texture (encircled with blue) the other boxes are also selected. (notice the red boxes)

EDIT: mamanged to select it by selecting face on milkshape. then when I open TCE, there it was.

Another problem... My bake didn't fit well on my object at TSRW.

Another thing. Just curious. If the texture (material) will not be exported with the object, why map it with different texture?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 11:04 AM
OK. Im back with a question. I'm having trouble When I click the box I want to place in diff texture (encircled with blue) the other boxes are also selected. (notice the red boxes)

EDIT: mamanged to select it by selecting face on milkshape. then when I open TCE, there it was.

Another problem... My bake didn't fit well on my object at TSRW.

Another thing. Just curious. If the texture (material) will not be exported with the object, why map it with different texture?
When you select a Group in MS and then open the TCE that whole group will be selected there also. If you don't want to work on the whole group, but only a part of it, you have to select the parts of it you want to work on in the TCE. Did you go through the whole tutorial at least once? If you haven't it might make things a bit clearer for you if you do. There's more to mapping than just what's in that tutorial but it should be enough to get you started.

The reason to use different textures when mapping is so that you can see how patterns will be applied to your object. This allows you to map it in such a way that when patterns are applied to it in game they are applied without distortion. It also allows you to more clearly see the different parts of your object as you work on it in MS...more clearly than you would be able to if they were all just plain white.

I've always used s3oc/s3pe and have never tried tsrw so I'm not sure what the problem is with the tool. Did you apply your newly baked multiplier to your object in Milkshape? Test it there to make sure it has come out correctly before importing it into your tsrw project.
Page 2 of 2