Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 10:14 AM
Default A Minor Problem Of My Own Making (Sort Of)
I went a bit crazy on "The Sims Resources" downloading clothes. Then I noticed that I had been downloading a bunch of Sims 2 and Sims 3 stuff (in my own defense, TSR doesn't exactly go out of their way to keep their categories from bleeding over ...). And the bulk of them are not labeled in any way to let me tell them apart.

Is there some bit of software or technique allowing me to tell the files apart so I can pick the Sims 2 and 3 out of my Mods Clothes folder?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 5:15 PM
That's odd, I've never had any trouble getting TSR to separate content from different games. I'm not sure I could even figure out how to get TSR itself to show me content from more than one game at a time --although Google will certainly mix them together if you're doing your searching outside TSR and then following links to the site.

S4S can help you identify these files, but I'm not sure if it can do it efficiently (can't remember if trying to batchfix a directory that contains non-TS4 files will give you a useful report, or crash on the first file). Sims 4 Tray Importer might be another option. (I won't be at my computer to check in more detail on either of them for quite a few hours.)