Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:44 AM
Default Is the sims 2 Boring?
My childhood was sims 2, i loved it.But now i am bored of TS2 mabye i am this way becuse i haven''t played the game for 4 years.I miss the sims, i wish i wasn''t bored of it
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:35 AM
Vanilla (without CC), the game can be a little boring, but with CC it's fun. Also, if you're bored of it, maybe try something different. Play a challenge, write a story with pictures, set goals for your sims, or do something else you haven't tried.

A lot of great CC has been made the past 4 years, so maybe you can find something to sprite up the game.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dar13
My childhood was sims 2, i loved it.But now i am bored of TS2 mabye i am this way becuse i haven''t played the game for 4 years.I miss the sims, i wish i wasn''t bored of it

I agree. I LOVED TS2 in its time. But then TS3 was released, I fell in love with open world and CASt. I love Open for Business and the vacations in TS2 so sometimes I'll do that for a little while, but I always find myself going back to TS3. TS4 was a big disappointment for me as well, so all I play mostly is TS3!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
I will agree that The Sims 2 can be boring at times. But thing is, every game will get boring if you play it enough. There are ways to improve the entertainment factor. Challenges, legacies, and other distractions. But if you've grown fatigued of a game things like those will only capture your attention for so long.

Perhaps you're also in a situation like I am, where I simply have grown up enough and have too many responsibilities that it causes me agitation to know I'm spending time playing a video game about virtual lives, instead of tending to those responsibilities and living my actual real life.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:21 PM
Maybe you are bored of it because you have not experienced the full scope of it.

Did you try challenges such as the asylum challenge, the homeless challenge, the apocalypse?
Did you try out all the new CC items that lets you broaden your play such as running a school, a prison, making furniture, breeding cows, growing trees, making wine?
Having a hood based in a time era such as medieval or the future and set in space? We have all that CC.
Did you try running your own town where playable run everything called an integrated hood?
Did you learn how to use CFE and make dummy floors, curved bridges and other structures?
Did you try out all the vanilla things that come with the game such as the different life states, businesses like running a restaurant; holidays/vacations destinations?

The Sims 2 is anything but boring when you don't place it into a tiny box. If I had no cc and only played families with 2 kids who went to rabbit hole jobs than yes I would be bored. The scope of Sims 2 especially these days is just about as far as you want to take it. Sure there are some things you can't do but those are small compared to what you can do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:13 AM
There's also a nice mod here that allows you to open store of both medicine and viruses. You can start an epidemic or just have a pharmacy shop in your town.

I recently got winery mod and chicken coop mod, and they make both the farming and business aspects of the game more interesting :D

Or try playing a town of supernatural lifestates, create hybrids, make a story, create special genetics for a special breed of sims. There is so much you can do in this game, only if you don't limit your imagination.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:00 PM
In my opinion, even though the Sims 2 is seriously outdated from other latter games (The Sims 3, The Sims 4) with latter games with interesting mechanics and features (like the open world introduced by Ts3 and the huge customisation features in Ts4), I think the Sims 2 is still decent to play. There's a lot to explore within one gameplay, like, maybe try to actually achieve their lifetime wishes (which varies).

To be frank, the Sims 2 is boring if you play without objectives or goals to achieve because even though there's a lot to explore, the exploration experience might already drained out before you knew it. Like what said Simmer22 and Joansarah77, doing challenges are a lot of new experience. Extend your family lineage to 10 generations? 100 Baby challenge? Achieve 5 lifetime wishes before life decide to ends? There's so many things to do with challenges and objects (goals) have been brought.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:57 PM
It can be boring. Any of the Sims games can become boring. It all depends on what you put into it, what stories or thoughts are grabbing you at the time. There's so much raw material that you can play with in any of the games, that if you are bored, it's just that you are tired of playing and need to do something else for a while. Try house cleaning. That's really boring. Bet you'll be begging to get back to your Sims after a day of that!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2019 at 9:34 PM
EXCUSE ME???

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.