Replies: 8444 (Who?), Viewed: 408565 times.
Page 273 of 338
Field Researcher
#6801 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 4:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
While Andrea Hogan was running on a treadmill, Danny Pilferson (teen sin helping run his Mum's gym homebusiness, with some fitness and sports entheusiam) had the option to "become personal trainer". Never seen that option before and it didn't reappear when Kennedy Cox was running on the treadmill nor when I was playing as his mother Jessie. It's too bad that when I clicked it, Danny ignored the interaction because he was sleepy. I would've liked to have seen what that looked like or know what causes the option.

You get the option to offer personal training when you have a higher body skill point count than another sim. Clearly Kennedy Cox has a lot of body skill points and Jessie's are low.
Mad Poster
#6802 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 4:38 AM
I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that toddlers, if they're really bored, will go seek out a parent to read to them. It's so adorable.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#6803 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 2:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriel_Muroz
You get the option to offer personal training when you have a higher body skill point count than another sim. Clearly Kennedy Cox has a lot of body skill points and Jessie's are low.

Ah! Thank you! I presumed it was hobby enthusiasm related... or that the game realised the owned business was a gym. I'll have to get Jessie (owner of the gym)'s body skills up then.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#6804 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 6:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that toddlers, if they're really bored, will go seek out a parent to read to them. It's so adorable.

Not so adorable when a parent walks away from their cooking to read to the toddler and nearly burn the house down. Squinge's "don't walk away from stove while cooking" seems to fix that, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Mad Poster
#6805 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 9:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Not so adorable when a parent walks away from their cooking to read to the toddler and nearly burn the house down. Squinge's "don't walk away from stove while cooking" seems to fix that, though.

yeah, that is a problem, which is why it's recommended that one has the hack in their game. They start enough fires without toddlers helping stoke things up..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#6806 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 9:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
A plantsim's water motive goes up when kissing, making out, and woohooing.

You mean their need for water is being filled?! I had no idea these activities are so JUICY! I must be doing it wrong...
PS: I always thought woohoo should make a Sim tired, hungry, and DIRTY!

Namaste
Mad Poster
#6807 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 8:54 AM
Tempus interruptus powers downs servos. Kinda stupid it doesn't turn them on when the effect wears off.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#6808 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
You mean their need for water is being filled?! I had no idea these activities are so JUICY! I must be doing it wrong...
PS: I always thought woohoo should make a Sim tired, hungry, and DIRTY!

Would be really funny if they came out from under the covers with the green stink. I might need to mod that.
Don't know shit about fuck
retired moderator
#6809 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Wait...Townies have random stuff in their inventories when you marry them/move them in?

Yes, it's one of my favourite things to get as many ridiculous items as possible in there. One of my sims had a shop where he sold these:

He worked hard to sell those to everyone, and of course my sims try to pass them on by giving them as gifts... so far I haven't found a single townie without one in their inventory.
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Scholar
#6810 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:57 PM
Renaming skin files in the SavedSims folder apparently is a no-no. I got a mini heart attack when I saw all my newly made skins were gone in Bodyshop. Moving them to the downloads folder solved the issue. *phew*
Top Secret Researcher
#6811 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 6:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Yes, it's one of my favourite things to get as many ridiculous items as possible in there. One of my sims had a shop where he sold these:

He worked hard to sell those to everyone, and of course my sims try to pass them on by giving them as gifts... so far I haven't found a single townie without one in their inventory.

Oh yeah, I knew that they can have items they bought at shops in their inventory....but what about things they didn't buy? Can they have just random stuff in their inventory?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Don't know shit about fuck
retired moderator
#6812 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 7:35 PM
Yes, they can- at least in the vanilla game when moving them in. It's fun when you ask a townie to move in because there's a chance they'll have something expensive in there. I'm not sure if they get those items before you ask them to move in, or whether the items are generated upon movein... also maybe it's the premade townies that have those items? I'll have to make a clean environment to test, as all my current townies are valued customers in my businesses.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Mad Poster
#6813 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 4:57 AM
I believe it's random. I once had a townie marry in. The game bugged during the tropical honeymoon, so I used a backup and held the wedding all over again. The townie had a different collection of stuff in his inventory the second time. This neighborhood doesn't get played often and there aren't any ownable businesses yet, so I know the townie didn't buy any of it himself.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6814 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 2:42 AM
I have just had Body Shop revitalized. Gina just told me to try ALT-Enter and it goes full screen! Who knew! Well I certainly didn't. This will be a huge help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#6815 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 3:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Oh yeah, I knew that they can have items they bought at shops in their inventory....but what about things they didn't buy? Can they have just random stuff in their inventory?

They can have all kinds of random stuff, but the one thing they can't bring with them is any pet they may have bought. I once made the mistake of selling a puppy to a townie I was planning to make playable, but the puppy didn't come with him when I moved him in. It was just lost in limbo - the breeder remembered it and kept wanting to pet and play with it, but it didn't come with the buyer, or become a stray (because all strays are adults or maybe elders), and didn't show up in the animal adoption centre. That's the only time I've ever seriously regretted not having a recent back-up, so I could go back and save the puppy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6816 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 3:12 AM
A pet given to a townie becomes a townie. I would try using a teleporter and seeing if you can find, teleport and move him back in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6817 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 2:08 PM
Ponds either have bad routing or I shouldn't be building close at the edge of a fall. Sims attempt to fish but fail from the inside, throwing tantrum.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#6818 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 12:21 PM
This isn't directly connected to the sims, but today my non-simmer friend learnt that the phrase "simmer" existed, and also what "manternity CC" meant, and now she's ready for the world to end.
Mad Poster
#6819 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 7:41 PM
WOW 75,000 bonus, this is the largest I have ever gotten in Sims 2. :D
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#6820 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93

That one saved the Summerdream family from the repo man in one of my Veronavilles. Very handy!
Scholar
#6821 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 1:46 PM
"One of"?
Mad Poster
#6822 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre

I've been using Pescado's "noADHD" for that for years. It not only makes sims pay attention when cooking, but adds the Macro > Concentrate feature which keeps sims from getting bored and wandering off while you're trying to get them to learn skills, etc. For example, sit the sim down watching the Yummy Channel to learn cooking, self-click and select Macro > Concentrate, and the sim will learn cooking from that TV until YOU tell them to stop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescado
FEATURES:
Eliminates ADHD cooking effect, and allows sims to Macro Concentrate on activities which provide fun/comfort so that they continue to perform them even if fun/comfort are satisfied, as many activities have functionality beyond motives. Also reduces ADHD for enthusiastic and One True hobbies.

noadhd.zip - should work for all versions of the game
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Scholar
#6823 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 5:33 PM
I discovered that I can create aliens in CAS. I was actually looking for a couple of alien families to download when I found the WikiHow. Super happy about it - now I can have as many 'alien refugees' landing on the outskirts of the Empire as I please, and they can form a proper community pretty much right away.
Lab Assistant
#6824 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 5:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93

Oh my, which career path is that?
Mad Poster
#6825 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 7:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyangel93
Oh my, which career path is that?

Slacker level 7 (Home Video Editor).