Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The ModFather
retired moderator
#251 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 9:52 AM
From what object have you extracted the mesh? Looking at the Geometry graph, I see there are a lot of mesh groups into this mesh...

You could also try to hide some of the groups (by clicking on the "eye" icon next to each group name, in the Geometry graph): other meshes, currently inside that box, will be visible.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 4:03 PM Last edited by TimSimser : 3rd Jan 2007 at 6:17 PM.
Hi

I've made an object in wings 3d but when I imported it in The Sims 2 I had a object that didn't was wat it had to be. Can you please take a look at it and say what I've done wrong because I don't understand anything of this.

( I know this mesh has a lot too much faces)
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 6:19 PM
owk I solved it but I still have got a question: Can you have glass in an object when you cloned it from an object without glass. Because I thought I could do it in the texture with a low apicaty but then the glass pieces become white.
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:09 AM
Wings tutorial Questions
This is a great tutorial the first that I have been able to follow. I like wings 3D it is easy compared to others that I have.

When you say check off do you mean check or uncheck? When I get to step 28 I get a gray box aroud the red cube not the table the way your looks. Can you please explain why this is ? Step 33 can you open UVMapper in SimsPe? I could not find it in the tools or file section. Can you help with this one also.

JM
Test Subject
#255 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:34 PM
i really need help!
SimsPe

when i am on the objects workshop and have clicked on "start" i get a list of different types of furniture, why cant i click on anything on that list?

please help

Part-time Hermit
#256 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:08 PM
Lindsay7321, you have to wait for Object Workshop to finish loading before you can click on anything. It may take a while.
Forum Resident
#257 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:30 PM
Hello.
First I wanna say that I love this tutorial! Thank you!

But I've got a question. When I see this created object in the Sims it looks like this:

Is that okay?
And how can I change the eh... colour and things of the object? Because I see no picture in SimPE to recolour.
I hope you can help me.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#258 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:10 PM
Avaluna, those... ehm... things are all part of the same object? What object have you cloned? I'd say that the mesh just need a correct UV-mapping, but you say you don't find any texture...

This question is more suitable for the Object Repair forum: post there your problem, and attach the package, and we'll give you some advice.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#259 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 3:03 PM
No, that are 3. I did it so you maybe could see it better. I did everything that the tutorial says and this is how it looks like when I put it in the Sims. I did also the UV-mapping and there is an bmp file, but I can't recolour the item, because there is not a picture to recolour.
Or maybe I'm just doing sometime terribly wrong. :')

Well, I'm gonna try it there then maybe.
Thanks.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#260 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 6:23 PM
If you can't recolour it, perhaps you cloned a non-recolourable object, OR you changed the names of the groups in Wings, OR Wings changed them for you...

Forum Resident
#261 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 7:21 PM
I'm sorry, but what do you mean by 'groups'?
I don't now a lot of meshing and stuff, this is one of my first tries you see... I don't now what I'm really doing if I'm honest, I just followed the tutorial.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#262 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 10:14 PM
The "groups" are the sub-meshes listed in Wings in the Geometry Graph; the same "groups" are visible in SimPE, into the GMDC, though they are called "Models"

Forum Resident
#263 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 12:41 PM
I've got just a small question:
Can you delete parts of the for excample cube in Wings 3D?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#264 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 9:47 PM
If the part you want to delete is listed in the Geometry Graph, just select it (the "eye" icon in the Geom. Graph) and hit DEL.

If the mesh you want to delete is part of a bigger mesh, you have two alternatives:
1) select the faces you want to delete and hit DEL;
2) select the entire mesh, right click and choose "Separate"; the mesh will be divided into numerous autonomous smaller meshes. Select and delete the ones you don't need, then select all the remaining ones, right-click and choose "Combine" (you may need to fix the mesh name in the Geom Graph, afterwards)

Test Subject
#265 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 3:49 AM
Do you need a mac computer?
Test Subject
#266 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 5:10 AM
Wait. Clone? HELP!
Part-time Hermit
#267 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 8:03 AM
No, you do not need a mac computer to do the things in this tutorial.
Forum Resident
#268 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:06 PM
Thank you very much, again, Numenor!
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 7:38 PM
Hi all. Thanks for this brilliant tutorial. I have to say, I was slightly puzzled at first, at just seeing a box appear in game! I think a lot of people have been expecting to see a table appearing in-game, and don't understand that this tute is just to show you the steps you need, to actually make an object and get it into the game....(You're supposed to have a cube in-game by the end of this tute) in other words.

Also, It was mentioned earlier, that ModBV said the table he chose for this tute was a slave to another object...this is why people are having trouble when trying to texture their cube. The object that it is slave to, has the texture file. (I could be wrong, but I think you'd have to re-texture the main object for the new texture to show on this particular table, right?)

I'm new to all this, but I'm finding things are clicking into place for me now.
Thank you again for this tutorial, and all the help given with your answers to peoples questions!

www.derianhouse.co.uk This site is for Derian House Children's Hospice. They give top quality care 24 hours a day/365 days a year, to children who have terminal and life threatening/shortening conditions.
Part-time Hermit
#270 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
I could be wrong, but I think you'd have to re-texture the main object for the new texture to show on this particular table, right?

No, that's not necessary. You can just select the "stand-alone" option when cloning, and the texture will be included into your cloned package.
Lab Assistant
#271 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 8:36 PM
Ah I see! Thank you for your help IgnorantBliss

www.derianhouse.co.uk This site is for Derian House Children's Hospice. They give top quality care 24 hours a day/365 days a year, to children who have terminal and life threatening/shortening conditions.
Test Subject
#272 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 7:23 PM
which map is Your internet Initials/Object Name/Date ?
Lab Assistant
#273 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 8:52 PM
When you've got an object that has points who indicates a point for a move. How can you changes those points if you can change them anyway? (I mean that coloured point in SimPE in de gmdc.)
Test Subject
#274 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:43 AM
My table is a box !!!
i ran though the instrutions and all went well even though i seem to have a different version of simPE. but when i added the item to the game it was a brown box. I dont understand what i did wrong can someone help me please
Test Subject
#275 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 3:33 PM
Default I don't mean to sound likea noob here
But how do i export i can't see when i right click the object?
Page 11 of 18