Replies: 11939 (Who?), Viewed: 1477096 times.
Page 478 of 478
Lab Assistant
#11926 Old 30th May 2020 at 9:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
Creating 35 households in CAS takes way to long.
Made my new world and now trying to fill it has turned out to be far more arduous than I ever expected.
Props to all you world builders out there.

@MurderPrincessK:

I'm curious as to why you need to create so many. My memory's a little fuzzy but I don't think I've ever made more than 25 households, and some of those I created by cheating in a way. I would just take some household that were auto-generated by the game, save them to bin and then clean them up in CAS using NRAAS. For example, right now I am play testing a world that is currently generating a bunch of households. When I finish play testing, I'll save the ones I like (or have potential), then edit them later.

Also, here is another tip to speed things along: whenever you add a new sim to household in CAH, don't click the add new sim button. Create a twin with the first sim, then use the randomizer. I noticed that using the "add sim" option is so much slower than editing a twin.
Forum Resident
#11927 Old 30th May 2020 at 10:11 PM
I didn't have to, but I created a large world on an altered Lucky Palms map for myself and I wanted it to be lived in, but with room to grow. I am very picky about my sims. I end up editing anything the game generates to match my asthetic. I am the overseer of my domain and it will be what I want...No seriously it's the first time I created a world for myself and I wanted it to be just so.

The create twin tip is a good idea, probably would have saved me some time.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Forum Resident
#11928 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 6:00 PM
Today I learned that if you have ITF building shells in your home world and you change the future to dystopian the shells in your home world will also change to the dystopian shells. I'm not sure if I like this or am annoyed by it. After all these years this is the first time I have tried the ITF timeline play features.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Field Researcher
#11929 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 4:50 PM
I discovered this awhile ago but initially I didn't know how a fire started at this party and wondered if it had something to do with the food they were eating. One of the Sims had that fire animation whenever they eat something spicy and I guessed they caught something on fire. My non active daredevil Sim somehow caught on fire too but was more interested in cleaning up the dishes and taking his sweet time since he actually gets a mood boost for being on fire and can be on fire for longer periods than other Sims without ill effects. I really like that Sim but decided to let the A.I. do its own thing even if it meant he might die.

It happened again so there's a chance of Sims catching fire to something and/or someone.

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Lab Assistant
#11930 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshong
One of the Sims had that fire animation whenever they eat something spicy and I guessed they caught something on fire.

That's exactly what happened. Anytime a sim eats a meal that uses the chili peppers from SN, they do that weird, annoying scream thing. After that three things will happen: they'll get a positive moodlet, they will get a negative moodlet, or they will get a negative moodlet and have a chance to breathe fire (which can set stuff on fire) or catch on fire themselves. Making higher quality meals and using higher quality peppers reduces the chance of getting the negative effects. Unfortunately I've never seen a mod that removes the potential negative effects altogether.
Instructor
#11931 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:13 PM
I just figured out why the toddler potty is so shiny. I was in CASt and noticed that the default materials are metal. EA, did you forget that you had a plastics section? Lol.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Alchemist
#11932 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 6:54 PM
I found out that if 2 Sims are "juiced" (as a result of drinking juice from UL juice keg), both can perform "juiced kiss", "juiced make out", "juiced woohoo", etc. under friendly interaction. They can skip flirting phase and go straight into action. If both Sims are "super juiced", even same-sex Sims can woohoo right away. Unfortunately by the end of woohoo, both will become romantic interests, so no FWB allowed. :/

However, I found that if the Sim asks to just be friends with another who has commitment issues trait, they take it lightly and there's barely relationship drop.

Unless the recipient is a diva... They'll slap back and it's double the relationship drop.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#11933 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 9:45 PM
Small annoyance - bought a witch potion for my kid and she couldn'r use it. Found out she was an IF (passed down from grandma, who I've never played and just placed randomly from CAS). Went back and bought a potent cure elixir. That couldn't be used either. So TIL an IF cannot be 'cured", because that's such a great lifestate to have.

omnis mundi creatura
Alchemist
#11934 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 5:39 AM
did you know randomjokes cheat? There are only 10, disappointingly:
-Which side of a chicken has the most feathers? The outside... duh.
-When do doctors make house calls? Only when your house is really sick!
-Why don't ghosts ever get arrested? It's hard to pin anything on them!
-Psychiatrists say that 1 out of every 4 people is mentally ill. Check 3 friends - if they're okay, you're it!
-What's a foot long and slippery? A slipper!
-Did you hear about that new pirate movie? It's rated Aaarrrrrrrr!
-What do you call a fish with no eyes? Fsh.
-What did the number 0 say to the number 8? Nice belt.
-What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence? Time to get a new fence.
-What did the finger say to the thumb? I'm in glove with you.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#11935 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin.gyo1413
Small annoyance - bought a witch potion for my kid and she couldn'r use it. Found out she was an IF (passed down from grandma, who I've never played and just placed randomly from CAS). Went back and bought a potent cure elixir. That couldn't be used either. So TIL an IF cannot be 'cured", because that's such a great lifestate to have.

Should be able to cure it with NRASS since it counts as Imaginary Friend. That is, if you still need to fix this

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
#11936 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 3:40 AM
Discovered that sims can "drown" on dry land if they glitch through the pool into the ground. Thank goodness for ResetSim!

And I caught it on video too. https://youtu.be/fk7giqUgciU It's one of the very first things to happen, like in the first five minutes, so don't worry about the length.
Mad Poster
#11937 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:18 AM
What first minutes? Give a proper time stamp.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#11938 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 12:51 AM
I found out the hard way that children can die by meteors when my alien sim indirectly killed his wife's stepson. Fortunately, his sister was able to resurrect the boy as a playable ghost.
#11939 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 1:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What first minutes? Give a proper time stamp.

Ok so it starts at about 11:40 so not the first 5 minutes anyway, sorry about that.
Scholar
#11940 Old Yesterday at 6:48 PM
My singing sim is working her way up to a artist but still gets this little jobs where she should find random sims and sing for them (Sing-A-Grams). 98% of the time it ends well but the crappy little machine has breakdowns from time to time. This time it did go up in flames and set poor Chantall's bum on fire. I did not find any way to solve this so I did use the Master controller to reset her to a safe place (home). The shower had a option to put the fire out so I let her shower. And it worked. But I don't know how it's supposed to be done...
Page 478 of 478