Replies: 0 (Who?), Viewed: 407 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 4:48 PM
Oregon Trail Challenge!
(taken and adapted from jj10101010 sims 2 variant I am expanding the simerican settlers and the decades challenge to add the oregon trail to the legacy, my sims just got off the boat to simerica if you are interested in my across the atlantic challenge let me know though my family has joined another family for this challenge)
You and your family are traveling to Oregon (for whatever reason) in 1848. But there are obstacles along the way!

Start as one of the following:

Start as a banker: have 100 dollars after building house instead of 50 (hardest challenge)
Start as farmer: everyone gets 2 quick meals a day instead of 1
Start as a carpenter: along with chairs a single bed may be accessible to them

Choose which season you want to "leave" in (if you have seasons) make seasons two weeks long. I would say delete holidays but that is totally up to you.

Roll a dice (1-8) for the amount of sims in your wagon. (or choose your size i went with 7)
You can have more than 8 with mods, if you want a challenge.
Create them in CAS

Move them into an empty lot or house. Build your wagon, it should be cramped with only chairs being usable. You may have it however you like, but afterwards, you must reduce your family funds to 50, unless you are a banker. (I filled mine with a lot of decorative books/pots/clothes) Also make sure you have 2 horses.

Buying horses at a trading post is the horse toy plus 150 simoleons

If the horse dies in a river: your speed is cut in half till you can get one at a trading post. If both dies you must abandon the wagon till you can get to a trading post. Sims can carry one item each (all produce and fish will count as one person's item) children can only carry something light. You must keep them on their feet 12 hours a day walking around (goodluck) or you must expand time to get to the trading post. When you get there they have an empty wagon with enough chairs you can have, but you must pay for the horses. (you can buy an extra horse at a trading post but only 3 horses at a time max)

once a week move the whole lot and all to another lot to change the scenery. Give yourself the money/ take away the money for the difference in land prices. No sulani in the fall through spring, summer is ok. No oasis springs in winter.

You can have one fridge/cooler (for 1 quick meal a day per person), and you can have beds/ tents outside of the wagon for nights and a fire. You can make money by selling things that your sims make/gather at trading posts. (no jobs)

On the trail!

12 hours a day sims must be in the wagon (i locked the door and let them talk, if you do this you might want a mod to turn off phone usage/ make a mess) the children can go to school in the time as if they are studying somewhere. The other 12 hours they can be sleeping in tents/ gathering or fishing

Every week, you come to a stop/ resting point. At this time, you may shop, sell items, stock up on food, and repair your house. I created a little trading post with a general store, animals, a bathroom with tubs and a playground. Also a carpenter's table, a produce stand, instruments, and other skill building items. Today you can also enter build/buy mode but nothing that requires water/electricity if you get a shower/tub I would use the excuse they are bathing in a river. You cannot buy them any walls.

Every 2 weeks, you come to a river. at this point, roll a dice. If you roll a 5 or a 6, you don't make it across. Otherwise, you make it, and continue on. (if you don't make it roll a dice for every possession you have 4-6 and you lose it including beds and horses, roll for each person if its a 6 they get swept away)

Every 5 days, roll a dice for each member of your party. If you roll a 6, they become sick (in 2 days roll again if 4-6 again they die). If it is winter and you are traveling roll daily (I recommend just trying to get them to survive in place during winter) also if a sim gets sick in game roll 4-6 they will die.

Every 3 days, roll a dice. If you roll a 2, 4, or a 6, you lose the trail, and find it again in (roll dice again!) days.

All woohoo is try for a baby

You lose if everyone dies.

After 28 days worth of travel. (Add days if you lose the trail or take full days off that are not trading days, if you skip trading days you can minus days.) you've made it! Continue playing if you want, or stop if the dice-rolling drives you crazy.

For more of a challenge:

Create a family of bandits. The more you have the more of a challenge it will be. If you notice one pass by your house in daylight, send a sim to fight them. If your sim wins you get 10 simoleons. If your sim loses roll a dice 5-6 they die and anything on them is lost. If the bandit passes by them at night roll for EVERY possession including horses 5-6 it is gone!

Create a family of native Americans if one passes your lot roll a dice. 1-2 hostile send a sim to fight. If your sim loses roll a dice 5-6 they die and anything on them is lost. If they win then you can ignore indians passing by your house for 2 days as they will avoid you. 3-4 nothing will happen as if the Indians avoid you. 5-6 The Indian is friendly. You can try to make friends and have them join the household before they leave.

Get a sim pregnant lol goodluck not even going to test that.

This is my first posted challenge please let me know what you think! any questions as well please post i can be a little scatter brained some times

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.