Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 2:07 AM
Default SimPE can't find my Sims2 Installation... also won't load Object Workshop won't open
I'm trying to learn how to recolor objects (yes, I know, I'm REALLY late to the whole CC Creator game) and SimPE can't find my Sims2 installation. When I do the systems check before I can start using the program, it fails to find the location of the Sims 2 .exe although I installed the Sims 2 in the default location. If I try to use the application anyway, it can't open the Object Workshop.
I have a relatively new machine running Windows 10. Is there a compatibility issue with Windows 10? The only other problem I can think of is that my SimPE is running off of a flash drive. Do I need to have SimPE on the same drive as my game?

Thanks in advance!
Cel

"Not all those that wander are lost"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 11:23 AM
Which version number of SimPE are you running)
Do you have the UC or CD versions? And if you have the CD versions, do you have any collections?
Have you made sure all the file paths point to the proper places? Sometimes you have to do so manually.

Running SimPE off a flash drive could be one of the problems, yes. You shouldn't absolutely need it to be in the same location as your game, but it might help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 4:29 AM
I seem to have gotten SimPE working, but when I put my new recolors in my Downloads folder, they don't show up in my game. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 11:26 AM
If you recolor maxis/EA items, you need to make sure the CEP is properly installed. Also make sure you haven't used extra punctuation in the filenames, because this can make the recolor not show up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 4:58 AM
Thank you! The problem was with my filenames. It's working now and, hopefully, I'll have some recolors good enough to share on MTS soon