Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 6:23 AM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 24th Apr 2020 at 6:41 AM. Reason: Found out how to fix the last part

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Getting an "Error unable to connect to origin" when opening launcher
So I've just been ignoring this because I uninstalled origin completely and even did a reset on my computer to make sure everything was fresh. I then reinstalled all my sims 3 packs and then did the super patch to 1.67 and noticed I'm getting this error every time I open the launcher. I'm also getting another notice when I exit the launcher that says, "Warning the uploading process is running. Do you want to cancel this process and exit the application?". It's every time I close the launcher and I'm not sure what it is. I haven't done any uploading and haven't started putting my store downloads back in yet. Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it? (I was able to figure out how to fix the following issue on a page here... But I'm still having the issue with the Origin error when I'm using disks on a fresh download and I don't even have origin installed.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 11:56 AM
So you are working with retail discs as installation media exclusively here?

1 - Was your base game disc manufactured before Sept. 2012? Only the earlier ones will allow an Origin-free install, the later ones require Origin no matter what. This only applies to the base game part, the ages of the Expansion/Stuff Pack discs don't matter.

2 - When you re-installed, did you accept the EA Download Manager? That one should be denied if the intent is to stay on Patch 1.67 as the EADM was Origin's predecessor and it will do everything it can to update itself to Origin again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
So you are working with retail discs as installation media exclusively here?

1 - Was your base game disc manufactured before Sept. 2012? Only the earlier ones will allow an Origin-free install, the later ones require Origin no matter what. This only applies to the base game part, the ages of the Expansion/Stuff Pack discs don't matter.

2 - When you re-installed, did you accept the EA Download Manager? That one should be denied if the intent is to stay on Patch 1.67 as the EADM was Origin's predecessor and it will do everything it can to update itself to Origin again.

Yea I'm working with solely retail discs. I do have all owned packs registered to Origin, however, I did a fresh reset on my computer after uninstalling origin because I just don't want to deal with Origin anymore and I wanted to make sure everything from origin was gone. My base game copy is pre-September 2012 and I did not accept EA's download manager. So I'm just confused as to why it's giving me the error message. I mean If I have to reinstall it all over again and the super patch, well it will take some time with the discs, but I don't mind it as I have nothing else to do all day haha

If anything it's just an annoyance when I open the launcher, it doesn't prevent me from playing the game or uploading store content, so I could also just continue to ignore it.