Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 3:58 AM Last edited by SimyourLife : 9th Aug 2020 at 9:35 PM. Reason: Found something new!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
3 issues in one post: Cannot purchase with Ancient Coins or redeem Festival Tickets, black marks on female faces, & CAS view of CC hair differs from in-game view of hair
Ancient Coins & Festival Tickets- I have more than enough to purchase items (& correct Visa Level for Ancient Coins) but the menu says I don’t when I go to purchase.

Black marks on female faces, near cheeks- Happens when nude. It also happens to one of my Sims when she is in Outerwear. I changed her outfit but it didn’t fix it.

CAS custom hair looks amazing, but like crap during gameplay- Blocky, lack of texture. What the heck?!

Patched to 1.67. Thank you for your help!

::Edit:: Was able to purchase something with Ancient Coins via resetsim- just thought I'd try it! Bug?
::Edit II:: Photos below of issues 2 & 3.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 7:35 PM Last edited by SimyourLife : 9th Aug 2020 at 9:33 PM. Reason: Added additional photo & info.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Almost always bad CC. Try running without CCs.

This one... difficult to tell. Generally they look different in CAS than in real game, but perhaps you can show us screenshots and which hair, might be able to download and test it myself.

Thanks, friend! This is Erin Beaker post CAS (where it shows up as gorgeous), sporting Souls Hair by LeahLillith. I just don't get it. I have about 4 hair custom hairstyles that do this.
::Edit:: I added a photo of the nudity-induced markings as well. I ran without CC & they still are showing up. Argh!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 8:59 AM
Thank you! That is strange- I downloaded the hairstyle from LeahLillith’s official Tumblr account. Some of her hairstyles look lovely in my game, but a few obviously, do not! Probably bad downloads, then. I will try TSR.

I found out that the black markings were actually a blush from Supernatural that I had NOT applied to my female sims. I removed any & all blush from my sims & it did the trick. Seems like a glitch.

Thanks again for your help. You’re always helpful.