Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 1:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default tractor harvesting money tree + forbidden fruit
I've had money trees on this lot for 2+ sim-years with no issues and used the tractor from the start. Suddenly using the tractor causes the sim to reset at the end of the animation, the tractor to disappear (not invisible, not in inventory, does not reappear with lot/world reset), the harvest "cloud" animation hangs indefinitely, and obviously the harvest does not complete. Manual harvest on the trees works fine and the tractor works with all other plants on the lot, it only happens when using the tractor on the money trees.

I have no new mods but cleared the caches anyway. I've reset the lot and world. Resetting does not fix the harvest "cloud", so I have to reload to an earlier save. My sims recently time-traveled but I don't remember if the issue started before that.

-----

My sim planted a "perfect" quality forbidden fruit. As it has grown, the quality deteriorated so that it is now mature and "horrifying". No other plants behave like this, though I suppose it's not an ordinary plant. It was fertilized along with all the other plants using the tractor with "outstanding" fertilizer.

I've read that the plantsim traits depend somewhat on the quality of the fruit, so I'm curious if the quality naturally fluctuates or if it's a glitch or something.