Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 9:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Blurry Textures in Live Mode
Hii! So I'm pretty sure this is a very common problem but I didn't find any solution that worked for me in any posts either on MTS or Answers HQ so I'm going to make my own thread. The textures look normal in CAS, but the minute that I put them in live mode, they get blurry, but not like my settings are in low mode. If I zoom a little, you can see the details are not there. My graphic card is recognized, etc. I'm pretty sure I messed something on the graphicrules.sgr file and this is causing the issue, so could someone pls send me the correct text lines for it? If it isn't that, does someone have another suggestion? thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 12:53 AM
ooh, I thought I didn't need them since it's a common problem. I can't open my game right now, but here is a good example: http://25.media.tumblr.com/cb52b350...duqw5o1_500.jpg (Imagine this, but in CAS it looks fine and in live mode it looks like that, blurry)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 1:21 AM
Not really actually. Everything BUT clothing looks nice. Skins are fine, eyes are fine (I have checked and yes, my sims setting is in very high), trees are fine too. Is just the clothing :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 1:44 AM
All clothing! Again, I'm not at home so I can't make screenshots or send screenshots. How can I send a deviceconfig? what's that? And no, I don't use hq mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 2:15 AM
I think this is what you want:
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2933 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 3511 RAM: 4094 Adjusted RAM: 3582 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 1
OS SP major ver: 1
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
Family: 6
Model: 7
Cores: 2
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 4094MB
Free memory: 1263MB
User: Cliente
Computer: CLIENTE-PC
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 6450
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 6450 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 6779, Board: 00001002, Chipset: 0000
Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1404, GUID: D7B71EE2-2439-11CF-CE76-0A20BEC2C535
Driver version: 1404
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 3824MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 2:10 PM
Yeah, I run ts3 in a kind of old hdd because I don't have enough space for it in my hard drive. The problem is that I've never experienced this issue before until some months ago, which is very weird. My RAM works for everything, even for newer games than ts3, so I'm guessing it could also be my CPU? it's very old and I'm already planning on changing it. I see what you're trying to say with the "pause" method, but unfortunately it's not the game using the wrong LOD. Anyways, thank you for trying to help!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 3:45 PM
I'm afraid that nitromon is correct, in case you wanted another opinion. A total of 4 GB of RAM would probably have been fine for Win XP (and maybe Vista, not sure) when the game was first released, but Win 7 and higher use more than their predecessors for themselves. You only had around 1.2 GB left to service the game in the session reported on and paging out to virtual memory will happen way before all of that is used up. The game is Large Address Aware and can call for up to just short of 4 GB for itself if and when it needs to, but you don't have enough physical RAM to get there. Your CPU is an older one but should still be strong enough to carry the game and your GPU is not as strong as it could be for the heaviest of the EPs like Pets and Seasons (the unit's strength and bus width are the factors, not necessarily its age), but the biggest weak spot here is still RAM.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I'm afraid that nitromon is correct, in case you wanted another opinion. A total of 4 GB of RAM would probably have been fine for Win XP (and maybe Vista, not sure) when the game was first released, but Win 7 and higher use more than their predecessors for themselves. You only had around 1.2 GB left to service the game in the session reported on and paging out to virtual memory will happen way before all of that is used up. The game is Large Address Aware and can call for up to just short of 4 GB for itself if and when it needs to, but you don't have enough physical RAM to get there. Your CPU is an older one but should still be strong enough to carry the game and your GPU is not as strong as it could be for the heaviest of the EPs like Pets and Seasons (the unit's strength and bus width are the factors, not necessarily its age), but the biggest weak spot here is still RAM.

I always play the game with chrome open which is totally my mistake. Browers take A LOT of RAM out of the computer, and the game struggles to get it! Maybe I'll try to have chrome closed and open the game, to see if it gets any better!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 11:37 PM
Yeah, one of us really should have mentioned that. Have nothing else, especially web browsers, running when you start up and while you play the game. Even on 8 GB (Win 7) where I could run web browsers I found that I had to keep closing them before returning to gameplay or else far too many resources get used up. Chrome is evil. Firefox caught up with it eventually and I use something different now, a Firefox based variant called Waterfox even on my 16 GB system.