Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:35 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 25th Jul 2019 at 9:17 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to place stairs on a single step foundation? {solved}
Hi guys! I've seen this done so I know its possible. I'm using a single step foundation that can be made using alt. Of course it still requires stairs for routing. There is a way to get a single step. I've been trying but whenever I place the stairs it a) gives me more than 1 step and b) the ground dips. if I place flooring to avoid the dipping the stairs can't be placed at all. I feel like I have ample room.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:16 AM
Are you trying to place stairs going up to the small CFEaltered foundation from ground? Sometimes it can be troublesome-just hold alt while moving stairs close to foundation until it attaches.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Are you trying to place stairs going up to the small CFEaltered foundation from ground? Sometimes it can be troublesome-just hold alt while moving stairs close to foundation until it attaches.

That's the thing, I didn't make this foundation using the CFE cheat. This foundation can be made just by holding alt so I'm unsure if one method over the other means a different result for the stairs. I did try the holding alt while placing the stairs also but it still leaves me with multiple steps and the dipping ground.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 8:28 PM
The method I thought you were using was this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyOv7BlsTfY but I guess it is not. This method should work for you though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 9:16 PM
I'll try this! It looks so easy. Thank you.