Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 6:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Precise lot placement
I deleted a few lots in Lucky Palms, and replaced them with custom-sized lots. I can’t get them to snap against the sidewalks, even though the default lots did. Now I have gaps everywhere. How do I place lots with more precision, so they butt up against the sidewalk? Some of the gaps are almost a tile wide. TIA!

goderguy
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 2:10 PM
You can try holding the ALT key while positioning the lot.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
You can try holding the ALT key while positioning the lot.

I know this is useful when turning a lot. I’m talking about placing it against sidewalks, and either getting the message that it’s not able to be placed over roads or near unroutable areas. If the original lot was there, mine should be able to go there as well.

goderguy
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 7:38 AM
Logically yes, but this is EA we are discussing. You can use the alt button to stop the grid snap and move lots with less jumping. Fully deleting a lot sadly can mess up placing new ones, even if they should fit they just don't. You could try replacing them in CAW.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 8:02 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 11:08 AM
I have zero experience (and patience lol) editing in CAW. I’ve really only played with one family so far, so I think it would be better to start a new Lucky Palms save, delete the buildings I want deleted, and replace them on the existing lots vs trying to retro-fit new lots. Thanks for all the suggestions!

goderguy
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Rule of thumb is never delete preplaced lots, but you can add lots. I added several lots to my Lucky Palm. You can always place smaller lots (built) on a larger empty lot.

My problem was I wanted to replace my school with a smaller one, which was fine, but I wanted to replace my library with a larger one. The new library (from Starlight Shores) will fit on the school lot, but the new school (also from Starlight Shores) won’t fit on the library lot. So I replaced the 50x50 and 60x60 lots with two 55x50 lots, and that’s where I ran into the gap issue. I think I will place the new library on the old school lot, and use the castable school shell on the old library lot, and do the landscaping myself since I can’t fit the pre-made lot attached to the school on the existing lot. So now that I’ve made my mistakes and learned my lessons, I’ll just start a new Lucky Palms and make sure I don’t delete any existing lots. :-)

goderguy
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 10:53 PM Last edited by KevinL75 : 5th Mar 2020 at 5:32 PM.
When I first place a new lot, it gives me the "compass" on the bottom right side that lets me move the lot towards the front, back, left or right, or leave it in the center. Do you have that?

Edit: Nevermind, you're taking about placing a new lot, not a new building on a lot.
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 5:04 AM
That only shows up if you haven't deleted the lot "footprint". The entire lot "footprint" had been deleted and a new one was trying to be placed in the same spot. Sadly it doesn't work well in EIG.
Banned
#12 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 8:57 AM
as far as i know, it is never a good idea to replace original lots in a world. they were placed in CAW and in the actual game you get these gaps.