Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 8:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default My sims 3 launcher isn't showing my installed packs!
Hi!

I have every TS3 pack installed, origin is showing them as installed, but the sims 3 launcher only shows into the future,seasons, and two stuff packs.

I've tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling TS3
Same with origin
Clearing cache
Deleting the EP folders and redownloading them via origin
Begging the launcher to be nice

And none of these options are helping! Anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:54 PM
Just one small idea: I have this problem sometimes when my internet connection is wacky... For me it helps to go offline and start Origin after that. It will start in offline mode and this for some reason changes its behaviour in validating the packs...

Are the EPs recognized by any means the ones that are hard disk versions? Or is there no such logic behind it?

It's just a small chance but at least the test is not a lot of effort...

Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
Just one small idea: I have this problem sometimes when my internet connection is wacky... For me it helps to go offline and start Origin after that. It will start in offline mode and this for some reason changes its behaviour in validating the packs...

Are the EPs recognized by any means the ones that are hard disk versions? Or is there no such logic behind it?

It's just a small chance but at least the test is not a lot of effort...

Good luck!

Afraid there is no such logic - going offline didn't work sadly
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 1:54 AM
This may be an account issue. May I ask if you originally purchased the missing packs through Origin, were they retail discs, or codes acquired elsewhere? EA is known for silently deactivating codes purchased from unauthorized third party re-sellers for which they were never paid due to bulk purchasing chargeback scams (not the player's fault) sometimes months or even years after the fact and sometimes the deactivations also happen by mistake, but if that's the issue then only EA Customer Support can help sort it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 2:28 PM
Thanks for replying - I honestly don't know. I know several of them were discs and I think a few were codes from online, cdkeys probably I reckon
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 8:53 PM
Right, cdkeys is not an authorized re-seller. Sometimes those work out fine anyway, but sometimes not. If it had been one of the small list of authorized ones, then this should never happen and EA has to correct it if it does. When inquiring on behalf of other players, we've had a community manager from EA tell us it's fine to use codes purchased from unauthorized sources, but there is always a level of risk involved that something like this might happen.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/...uy-ea-games-v2/

The only way to tell if there are blocks on the EPs that are no longer showing up, and to have them removed so you can repurchase them if you care to and get them to work properly, is through Customer Support. Or, possibly something else is wrong with your account that only EA can correct again on their end.