Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Launcher will not uninstall!
The Sims 3 launcher is stuck. When I try to uninstall cc under the installed content tab the screen appears, but there is no progress. It will not uninstall. The bar just stays grey. I really do not want to have to do a complete reinstall if I do not have to. I know I can just bypass the launcher, but I want to uninstall some store content that is causing me trouble in my game. It acts like it's uninstalling, but the bar never has any green like it's progressing. Also I cannot click out of the launcher because my mouse pointer turns into a red circle with a slash through it. Also I'm getting a popup window that says,
"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.
Do you want to quit?
Box for Quit and box for Continue

Is there a way around this. Can I use ccleaner or Sims 3 Dashboard to dispose of these files without going through the launcher? Or will the items still remain in the launcher? Thanks for your help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:56 AM
You're in the wrong section. This is Sims 2 Help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
You're in the wrong section. This is Sims 2 Help.

Sorry. I didn't realize this. This thread can be deleted.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:57 PM
Moving to Sims 3 Help

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 4:43 AM Last edited by Amathyst : 14th Oct 2012 at 4:45 AM. Reason: typo
I found the solution. There was a few mods that were not updated to my version of the game. I removed them from the packages folder and it works fine now. Also I figured out how to uninstall all of the sims3packs from the launcher without using the launcher.

WARNING: This is only if you want to start from scratch because you are unsure what cc is causing conflicts. This will remove everything from the launcher without having to use the launcher.

1.) Delete everything in the DCCache folder.
2.) Delete everything out of the DCBackup folder except for ccmerged.package.
3.) Delete everything in the Downloads folder.
4.) Delete everything in the InstalledWorlds folder.
5.) Only delete things out of the library if you want to delete lots.

Depends on what and how much you are attempting to remove. I have had the launcher tell me some lots and sims were still installed because they were in the Save Sims or Library folders.

Everything works fine now. Thanks!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 7:37 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

You know you can achieve the same thing with a single step right? If you had done the Game Problem FAQ's step#3 and then reinstall all the stuff over again.

Game_Help:GCCTSU3_Redo/DCCachewiki
Game_Help:GCCTSU3_Redo/Allwiki
The GCCTSU3 FAQ Redo/DCCache page outlines the step-by-step of the same thing you'd done while the Redo/All is basically the Game Problem FAQ's step#3 again.

Anyway, glad it's all resolved now.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: resolved