Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 2:01 PM
Default My First Impression Of Island Paradise
After 20 minutes of play time this morning. So after a mostly easy installation(I had a patch issue). I fired it up. I wish I hadn't had to take off last Friday or I would have called in today and played all day. I started a new game in the new world with an existing family. Forgot their names, it was the black family with the father, mother, and daughter who live on a small houseboat. Loading time was about normal.

I only had 20 minutes before having to leave for work and not hit traffic, so I dove into the new stuff that I wanted to try the most. I had the father snorkel first. I think since we were still docked he only snorkled in the area right around the house. Nothing really exciting about that. I'm guessing you'd have float your houseboat away from the dock to snorkel underwater. Again I only had 20 minutes.

After that I had him windsurf, which looks really cool. All the while there are people whizzing by on speed boats and jet skis. He wind surf across the ocean to another part of the world and got off on the shore. When I clicked for him to go back home, he took a speed boat. Kind of caught me by surprise although I'mnot sure how I expected him to get back.

Once getting back, I had him move the house boat to another dock. Again very cool looking. He steered the boat past a few islands to the dock I selected and backed the house boat in. EA fooled me because I had no glitches up until then and I figured this would be the screw up, but it wasn't. He steered up to the head of the dock and backed it in. The stupid Llama who had gotten on at my home dock looked a little confused when he left my house. It was a funny animation.

After that I saved and had to get to work. I didn't have time to do any screen shots, but if no one else has done any by the time I get home this evening I'll update this thread with some shots. All in all I have to say after only 20 minutes of limited play it's my 2nd favorite expansion. Isla Paradisa is beautiful and I'm actually surprised it didn't lag a little, but everything ran smooth and it wasn't installed on my best computer. I installed it on my I5 with the Radeon 6670. Not my I7 with the 7780. I can't wait to put it on that rig.

Oh and I usually don't remove my mods before a new install, I didn't this time either and it installed fine, but every time I started the game, it crashed to the desktop at the end of loading the family until I removed my 2 Twallan mods. Just a word to the wise
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 3:26 PM
Me:

CAS:
> Made a single male sim (Poseidon Atlantis).
> Saw male items and a new trait (Loves Swimming I think).
> Loving the male stuffs, but no shoes? Eeep!
> Forgot to see the female items and other age.

Build Mode:
> Makes a houseboat.
> Not much new objects for houseboats.
> Meh

Mermaid
> Use Twallan's Master Controller to change Poseidon into a Merman
> Try a dive lot and Poseidon gossiped about Kelp Recepies?
> Meh

Will be trying out the beach activities and resort next. Picca at my Simblr. Link in siggy.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 3:36 PM
Twallan's mods are updated?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Twallan's mods are updated?

Up to the latest patch. Latest patch was delivered with references to this expansion, so should be okay, until Twallan finds something else. Haha
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:16 PM
Stupid EA, even though it's a digital download we still have to wait 'til the 28th.
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:20 PM
I'd still wait for Twallan to give the OK before playing with his mods in, which should happen this evening.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:36 PM
I don't know how to make a new topic ar how you call it . I have a problem with the sims 3 island paradise . The underwater world is having a very low rezolution . Here is a pic :
Can you help me ?

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=18382907 First screenshoot .
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 6:15 PM
I get it on Thursday
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miruna98
I don't know how to make a new topic ar how you call it . I have a problem with the sims 3 island paradise . The underwater world is having a very low rezolution . Here is a pic :
Can you help me ?

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=18382907 First screenshoot .

For technical problems, see the FAQs in the Help menu and if they don't solve your problem, try the Help Q+A forum, also in the Help menu.

Please don't hijack other people's threads... there's a "New Thread" button at the top and/or bottom of the thread list (depending on the layout you're using).

Quote: Originally posted by Andygal
I'd still wait for Twallan to give the OK before playing with his mods in, which should happen this evening.

Agreed... there were at least two issues yesterday reported elsewhere that appeared to be related to Twallan mods that had been updated for the patch but not for IP. Since installing the EP adds additional code on top of what the patch did, it can also require additional mod updates.
Instructor
#10 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 6:54 PM Last edited by little bee : 26th Jun 2013 at 9:26 AM.
I'm in Thailand. I didn't expect IP to be on sale the same date as around the world because EA Thailand shut down since TS2 : Unleash. So in my country we have to wait for TS import version.(No localization at all. Pure English.)

But today (25th) I had to work around the area of the IT mall so I just dropped by to check around noon. IP was already on shelf.

Don't have time to install it yet. So I have to sit back reading your reviews and see the screenshots for a time being.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:11 PM
My impression is a very steep learning curve of the new features with no lessons or lack of detail on them in game, hello sims wiki.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn