Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#126 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 4:49 PM
Well, I've found that error and it looks like it's something in Python 2.6 which doesn't quite calculate the tangents correctly, gets confused and then outputs the tangent as 'nan' instead of a float. I'm investigating this further.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#127 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 7:16 PM
nan = not a number

That said, I've made the fixes and been able to recompile all the MODL and MLOD files and put them back in a .package file. Just need to load it back into the game and see what it looks like
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#128 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 9:00 AM
I've been able to take the ChairDiningClub object and imported each of the MLOD /MODL sets into Blender, then exported each set back out. Of course, all the S3OC and S3PE actions as well and the chair is now happily back in TS3 without any problems.

I've also done the same with another object, sorry don't have the name, but it's one of the small tables which has a another shelf at the bottom. I've removed that shelf, but the recompiling for that one failed. I think it's because I need to do a fresh normalizing after removing the shelf. I'll see when I come back from the weekly shopping.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#129 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 9:42 PM
I've been importing and exporting a few objects and have decided to release an initial test version of the export file. The import file has also changed, but that one is quite stable as I've used it on loads of imports now, even with the changes I needed to make in order for the exports to work.

This is still a test version and although it will export, it might not compile with the S3ObjTool. If you use this and get any odd things happening, please let me know. I can at last start working on my piano object from TS2 again.
Test Subject
#130 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 9:49 PM
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#131 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 10:25 PM
Please make sure you download both files as the import includes new code which is necessary for the export to function
Theorist
#132 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 11:16 PM Last edited by Robodl95 : 30th Mar 2010 at 3:37 AM.
EEEEEE! Thank you SO SO SO much!!!
(Now that I have the tools I need to actually learn how to use them -.-)

So..... Back with a question
My meshes seem to be importing fine however when I go to export them I get an error saying I need more than 1 bone value to continue or something

I'm trying to convert a bird house from TS2 (in other words no bones needed) To my understanding bones are what tells the game what happens where right?

Sorry it may be the export script but most likely it's just me

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#133 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 4:07 AM
Ceixari, this is just a suggestion, so take it for what it's worth...but you may want to add your caveat:

"Please make sure you download both files as the import includes new code which is necessary for the export to function"

in bold letters or something in your first post...the one with the downloads. Many people seem not to read threads below downloads and if they've downloaded the old import plugins they may run into trouble if they just download the new export ones.

Also, could someone post how to assign joints using Blender? This is gonna be an issue, I guess, just how it was for all of us using Milkshape if Robodl95's post is any indication.

Robodl95 almost all Sims 3 objects need joints assigned...most need only one. If I knew how to tell you the way to do that with Blender I would do so...but for now we'll have to wait for a Blender user to provide the information on that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#134 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:23 AM
Basically, in order to get a TS2 object into TS3, you will have to clone a TS3 object (with it's bones), also import the TS2 object, delete the TS3 object after you've placed the TS2 at the right place, assign the bones to the TS2 object, but OM is right. I don't have that knowledge yet, but the Blender site has many tutorials which may help.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#135 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:40 AM
Thanks for your suggestion OM. I've just added both the import and export files into a single zip as that makes more sense as you cannot have the export without the import in any case.

Please delete any pre-installed s3asc scripts. I've now made the last naming changes to the scripts. They are now simply s3asc_import.py and s3asc_export.py as we don't need the differentiation of with and without bones anymore.
Theorist
#136 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 12:01 PM
Thankyou that makes a lot of sense (Goes off to blender island to see if he can find anything on the subject) I'll let you guys know what I find

Hi I'm Paul!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#137 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 1:07 PM
Assigning bones in Blender

1. Select the group you want assigned and switch to edit mode(TAB).
2. Select all the vertices you want assigned and go to the editing panel(F9).
3. In Links and Materials under Vertex Groups, click "New". Change the group name to the bone's name(hash in this case, i.e., CD68F001).
4. Click "Assign".

To see the assignment, switch to Weight Paint mode(CTRL+TAB). Assigned parts will be red, unassigned parts will be blue.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#138 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 1:38 PM
Thanks for the information Cmo. Quick question...and maybe a stupid one since I haven't used Blender much yet and am very unfamiliar with it.

For Step 2, since most objects have only one joint that should be assigned to all the vertices, is there an easy way to select all the unassigned joints in an object at once? In Milkshape you can do this with one click of a button...is there some similar feature in Blender?

Also, big congrats on finishing this project Ceixari...I think this will open the meshing door up for a lot of people.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#139 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
For Step 2, since most objects have only one joint that should be assigned to all the vertices, is there an easy way to select all the unassigned joints in an object at once? In Milkshape you can do this with one click of a button...is there some similar feature in Blender?
Not that I'm aware of.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Theorist
#140 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 9:11 PM
Thanks so much for that

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#141 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:45 AM
I cloned the paintingModern and exported just the MLOD. I decompiled that and imported it into Blender. I made no changes but just exported it again. When I tried to recompile I got this error message:

Part of the message is chopped off because I just changed my OS and haven't got all my settings fixed. But the entire text of it is:

ERR: Invalid item count 3: expected 6 [vbuf assign: line 159, group 1].

I'm new to Blender so maybe I have some setting not set right and it's altering the item there in some way even though I didn't do anything to it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#142 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 8:06 AM
Hi OM. No, I saw this on another item as well and I made fixes for that item. I'll export the painting as well and fix this error.

EDIT:
Also the cutoff looks like that on my machine as well
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#143 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 8:42 AM
It looks like if the imported assignments have a zero value, Blender does not actually store these values. I tweaked the export file a bit and I've been able to recomilw the painting. I'll upload the new version in a mo.

Hoping Robodl95 will say which Item he has a problem with, so I can fix the code further.
Theorist
#144 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 12:02 PM
I have that error also (See thread) I cloned the party balloons

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#145 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:15 PM
Thank you Ceixari The error looks that way on your OS too? I thought it was my computer since I never saw one that looked this way, all spread out like that, when I had Vista. Maybe I just never got one that long before though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#146 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 5:14 PM
I have WIndows 7. Maybe Wes could place a horizontal slider But no real need as it's easy enough to copy out.
Test Subject
#147 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:56 AM
*faints* do you know how long I have been waiting for this day? O: thankyou so much, you are a pioneer in the gaming world.
Alchemist
#148 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 1:18 AM
I finally got a chance to try the new plugins versions on the balloons. It works fine. Sorry I posted before when I hadn't noticed that you had updated the version...me bad.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#149 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 9:06 AM
No worries OM. Gave me an opportunity to test it with another object
Theorist
#150 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 3:57 AM
On a different project now I'm having some issues exporting out of blender, bones are assigned and in red so I'm not really sure what it's talking about when it's mentioning bones

Hi I'm Paul!
Page 6 of 10