Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#9851 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 10:47 PM
Some of y'all boutta be real mad at me, but it must be said.

The sims team was never consistent, nor did they ever pay enough attention to the pre-mades. It might seem like Sims 2 was the last game where they paid attention to continuity, but the only thing they had to pay attention to was who were in the Sims 1, what they looked like, and what their simology was. That has since been done every time (sorta, the Sims 4 Caliente gals have some Issues but I digress), and Sims 2 is pretty much the first game to actually have some deeper "plot" than that. Besides this, there are all those continuity errors in the memories, the EP hoods, and sometimes even the names (why the Monty twins are named after a married couple and not an actual pair of Shakespeare twins is beyond me).

Also, they've been scamming us since the Sims 2 as well, University and Free Time gave us basically the same bookshelf. * burns myself with tea *
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#9852 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I got tired of randomly buying new outfits for my Sims when they got the want to buy clothes or grew up into a bad outfit, so I've decided to color-code their wardrobes according to aspiration and make it easier for me to remember what they are.

Popularity = pink and/or purple
Fortune = green and/or gray
Pleasure = orange and/or brown
Romance = red and/or black
Knowledge = blue and/or tan
Family = yellow and/or white

I may color-code their cars too.

Very Brave New World.

I usually buy new outfits once when someone ages up and leave them alone until they age up again. Or when I decide the tank top and hot pants they wore when they first became an adult are no longer befitting a congressperson and mother of 4, in the middle of winter.
Scholar
#9853 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 12:49 AM
@AndrewGloria I am happy to have inspired you and Kieran in the wearing of the green. As the 's' in my name stands for Shannon, I agree: Erin go bragh!
#9854 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 12:59 AM
@sugoisama I love those bookcases! Sometimes when I make a house with a decent library I use mainly the one pictured on the left and then add in the one on the right in a few places. I think it adds variety and makes the house look more lived in with little knick knacks on some of the shelves.
Mad Poster
#9855 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Is each toddler hair linked to only one kid hair? There aren't that many toddler hairs in an unmodded game - that might explain why the same hairstyles keep coming up.

There is a lot of toddler conversion meshes for Maxis hair in downloads section of this site.
Field Researcher
#9856 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 8:26 AM Last edited by Neverwinter_Knight77 : 30th Jul 2020 at 8:51 AM.
Sims, especially in TS2, seem to be unbothered by a lot of actions that would be considered very rude in real life. The influence system works kinda like mind control in that nobody ever refuses the action, whether it be flirting, fighting, cleaning, or writing someone else's term paper. A visitor can barge right into your home uninvited, in certain circumstances. Crank calls seem to not really do anything at all. You can run out of your house and demand a walkby to leave, with no negative relationship score. Then there's the snippy relatives who answer the phone like "He's working, unlike SOMEBODY I know." Not much reaction to streakers... And you can tickle a random stranger, or prank them, and depending on their personality, they may get a kick out of it. I don't know, maybe Sims have a greater tolerance for rudeness.

Oh, I forgot a big one. Walking into a room and turning off a TV that somebody else is watching. lol
Mad Poster
#9857 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 10:47 AM
You know the best part about this game?
That nobody in it judges each other by the same standards that human beings do.
One can be purple, gay, and green haired, and nobody calls you out on it.
Nobody harasses you or threatens your life for it. Nobody dies from it.
Being rich or poor has no effect on whether or not you get a job/house/girlfriend. (except for those silly fortune pixels.)
I think we could learn a lot from those cartoon characters.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9858 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Now I'll have to make something green for Kieran to wear -- it's the least that he deserves.

If you don't already have something green then you have too little CC. :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9859 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
If you don't already have something green then you have too little CC. :P
Point taken!

Even without CC there's quite a bit of green Maxis clothing. This is how Berjes Wilsonoff was dressed when he first showed up in my game:
(February 2013 at Veronaville Swim Centre!) Even today he usually dresses in green.

As you may have guessed it's something more specific that I'm trying to make for Kieran. Like Julian, Kieran generally prefers to wear not very much, and he's currently wearing one of the outfits you (Charity) made for me, a pair of light denim separate shorts with sexy feet. Since he's now told us that he's an Irish nationalist, I'm trying to make a green recolour of those shorts for him. Unfortunately, the graphics program i used to use for quick and dirty recolours, the Photo Editor from Microsoft Office 97, is on an old computer that is now inaccessible to me, and the equivalent utility in Office 2010, is very basic and lacks the ability to change colours. So I've now downloaded and installed GIMP, which I'm sure can do the job. However it's a big complex program compared to the old MS Photo Editor, and it's likely to take a few hours for me to work out how to do the recolour. If I get really stuck I might come back and ask you for help, but it really is time that I learned how to use one of these higher end graphics programs for myself. (I also have Photoshop Elements, which came bundled with my computer, but it too I find overwhelming. I did once use it to work through a clothes recolouring tutorial here though.)

I'll let you know hew I get on.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9860 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 9:45 PM
Playnite (game launcher) has a handy feature to run a script before launching a game. Unfortunately my old batch file to delete the groups.cache and accessory.cache caused an error if the files weren't there. I finally fixed it by using PowerShell script instead:

Code:
$FileName = "D:\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Accessory.cache"
if (Test-Path $FileName) 
{
  Remove-Item $FileName
}

$FileName = "D:\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Groups.cache"
if (Test-Path $FileName) 
{
  Remove-Item $FileName

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9861 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
You know the best part about this game?
That nobody in it judges each other by the same standards that human beings do.
One can be purple, gay, and green haired, and nobody calls you out on it.
Nobody harasses you or threatens your life for it. Nobody dies from it.
Being rich or poor has no effect on whether or not you get a job/house/girlfriend. (except for those silly fortune pixels.)
I think we could learn a lot from those cartoon characters.

Agreed, 100%. Reminds me of this post I saw a while back.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#9862 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 3:50 AM
You know, I keep trying that motherlode cheat when I'm logged into my bank account and it never works.
Mad Poster
#9863 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 3:58 AM
I wish the motherlode cheat would work on my bank account. Although if my license goes through, I should be getting a pay raise.

One way I wish the real world was like Sims is that it is easy to get a job. Just look at the newspaper or computer, apply and get it. There are no wasted degrees in the Sims.
Inventor
#9864 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 10:57 AM
When you want to build plasticbox's sims 3 houses for your game because they fit the aesthetic you want to achieve, but realize:

1) you're a terrible builder
2) 90% of their houses have basements

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9865 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 7:14 PM
As promised, I've given Kieran a new green pair of shorts:

Here he is in Jack and Ravi's house in Mendoza Lane in downtown Veronaville.

I don't think they're quite as good as Charity's original blue shorts, but they are the first recolour I've done in GIMP, and I'm sure they're just as good as I'd have done using my old Microsoft Photo Editor. My first attempt was a bit bright and garish even for the Emerald Isle, but my revised toned down version seems a bit more reasonable. Hopefully I'll get better with a bit of practice. Anyway Kieran's not complaining.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#9866 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 8:28 PM
Question about shirt. Did he play razzle with dog?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9867 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Question about shirt. Did he play razzle with dog?
It's actually a Maxis vest -- well what's left of it! It's certainly seen better days. I'm not sure why he even bothers putting it on now -- possibly because Jack Gill (who's playing chess with him right now) is telling him that he looks cute in it.

Yesterday when I was getting dressed, I put on a green shirt. I wonder if I chose it in subconscious solidarity with Kieran.

Maybe someone should give Kieran a green shirt to match his shorts -- I don't think he's got much money. Apparently not enough to buy a new vest.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#9868 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 11:07 AM Last edited by Charity : 2nd Aug 2020 at 4:59 PM.
If you have my stubbies they do come in a khaki green (and having actually checked, a brighter green as well). And get that poor man a proper shirt. XD
Mad Poster
#9869 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 11:36 AM
It's when you want to be able to start adding apartments to your main district as it starts to fill up and needs starter homes for poor young singles and couples moving in and find you don't have enough apartment lot options in your library to choose from unless you start resorting to using one of the EA ones.
1.I don't use theirs after having far too many issues with theirs including controller errors oftenshowing up in their builds and I've had almost none of that in my builds.
2.I've built far more apartment lot options that have a wide range of prices and many are meant to be affordable if you're not well off.
Field Researcher
#9870 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 10:32 AM
Has anybody had a house with pets get a burglar? Would the pets react? Is it even possible? I haven't had a burglar on any lot that has a pet or babies on it due to the irregular sleep patterns.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9871 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 3:26 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 6th Aug 2020 at 1:21 PM. Reason: Correction (and then an addition!)
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
And get that poor man a proper shirt. XD
Your wish is our command:

These aren't the stubbies that your shared here on MTS, but an even stubbier pair that you gave me privately. As they're what most of my Sims usually wear, I use all the short shorts I can get! I like yours because they are using a proper shorts mesh. Most my really short shorts (including the ones that Ravi and Jack are wearing) are just "painted on" to a nude mesh, and you can see the difference in the picture. One of these days, when I've mastered Milkshape, I hope to make proper meshes for all my favourite shorts.

[EDIT] So, Kieran really is Wearing [of] the Green now! And is happier for it. Thanks again sturlington for putting the idea into my head. And thanks Jack for buying him his green shirt!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#9872 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 11:37 PM Last edited by HarVee : 4th Aug 2020 at 11:50 PM.
So I've been going through my catalogue giving names/descriptions to floors and walls I use often, and repricing them so they fit better what their design is. Some I have used:

A tile floor with name "Drive Tiles" and description ""Not everyone understands tiling. It's a spiritual thing" says this tile's designer."

Another tile floor with a description of "Is this real flooring, or is this just fantasy?"

A wall with the name "Construction Wall Again" with description "Get out the concrete, Construction Wall Again."

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#9873 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
These aren't the stubbies that your shared here on MTS, but an even stubbier pair that you gave me privately. As they're what most of my Sims usually wear, I use all the short shorts I can get! I like yours because they are using a proper shorts mesh. Most my really short shorts (including the ones that Ravi and Jack are wearing) are just "painted on" to a nude mesh, and you can see the difference in the picture. One of these days, when I've mastered Milkshape, I hope to make proper meshes for all my favourite shorts.

If you want a proper shorts mesh, my stubbies have a white version like Ravi's shorts, with jandals and the ones you have on Kieran come in the colour Jack is wearing.
Forum Resident
#9874 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 11:23 AM
I don't know if this is just my game or what, but the garden club sims are SO MEAN. They supposedly have like 7 nice points but I constantly find them on community lots arguing with others. I even had to kick one of them out of a home business for being so rude (though it was a car sales business, which I guess is bad for the environment...) Maybe this is because I was playing Veronaville, and the toxic environment just changed them, but dear lord were they mean
Scholar
#9875 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 1:17 AM
My alien twins, Quela and Xerxes, are closer than any twins I've had in the game. They give each other backrubs--I thought that was a romantic interaction? I don't see how I can ever split them up.
Page 395 of 516