Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Lupine" Anthropomorph face archetype (non-replacement!)

by kingtorrid Posted 14th Mar 2008 at 10:15 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2008 at 1:23 PM by kingtorrid

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 12:55 PM
There is no way to have the nose only for processing into Lycan?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vral
There is no way to have the nose only for processing into Lycan?

If you mean just the muzzle (nose/mouth), then no. (S2 applies the entire template, it would have no way of knowing you want just a muzzle)

Exciting fun fact #52: Costco also sells coffins, also known as "Costkets". Costkets are not sold in bulk, even though Costo is a bulk warehouse (it would make a good story if they were).
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd May 2008 at 10:16 PM
if you did upload the skintones, ears or no ears, where would they be
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:08 PM
They would be in my uploads.

Exciting fun fact #52: Costco also sells coffins, also known as "Costkets". Costkets are not sold in bulk, even though Costo is a bulk warehouse (it would make a good story if they were).
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:47 AM
when i use the face with any skin the face stretches downwards and goes all funny
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 12th May 2008 at 5:57 PM
I've heard about this before. I'm trying to figure out the cause of this problem.

Are your video drivers up-to-date?
If so, what hardware configuration are you using? (Video Card, motherboard, and Operating System)

Also, can you post a few screenshots?

Someone told me about this happening on a MAC.

Quote: Originally posted by roadwolf
when i use the face with any skin the face stretches downwards and goes all funny

Test Subject
#32 Old 28th May 2008 at 4:47 AM
Awesome! I wanted this kind of face for a long time. Now I finally found it! Thank you.

"Always keep an open mind in such strange times we live in."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th May 2008 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Raigoura
Awesome! I wanted this kind of face for a long time. Now I finally found it! Thank you.

You're welcome

I'm going to start working on the "feline" archetype again as soon as I finish up my classes this quarter.

Instructor
#34 Old 29th May 2008 at 4:40 AM
Yeah I get the same problem sometimes. Either the face totally spazzes out or the face will return looking like a normal Sim face... I'll get some screenshots of the later one if you want. The one with the face spazzaming... I deleted that family.

Does it only work if you don't edit the face? Like I'll click it but make small edits like making the eyes smaller or such. I'm also using Windows so... not just Macs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th May 2008 at 4:52 AM
It sounds like the file is corrupted. Have you tried re-downloading?

I've been able to mix face types in bodyshop and do touchups in CAS with no trouble.

This is starting to worry me.

Instructor
#36 Old 30th May 2008 at 12:45 AM
((My stupid internet died on me before I sent this message so I hope it dousn't double post))
I just deleted it and is re-downloading. I'll try it out and Edit my post with results. Thanks for replying about this BTW.
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 3:30 AM
I've know whats causing the problem with this face mesh. People are complaining that when they load their sim into a house, the mesh warps and instead of looking like a wolf's head looks like the mask from that scream movie. That was happening on my game until I switch my graphics options. Change the detail setting of sim meshes to high, and the face will round out in to its intended shape. Just bring up the in game grapics menu. You can watch the face correct itself in front of your eyes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 1:30 PM
Wonderboy got it! I do remember not finishing the LOD15 meshes (Over 100 meshes, no thanks; I'd like to keep what's left of my sanity!)

I've noted you in my updated post

("wonderboy", appropriate name )

Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 10:32 AM
Oh. My. Gosh. Thank you thank you thank you! XD

First Alia and now these beauts! I can make my MMX/Furry crossover town so easily now! Yee! Thank you, AWESOME JOB. ^_^
Test Subject
#40 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 7:54 PM
When will the next morphic face templates be uploaded? It's been what feels like forever, and I've held off on adding any wuffs to my neighborhood to await some variety, and just having a few cats or rodents would be good enough.
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:56 PM
I've been holding off on putting any Lupine sims in my neighborhood until the skins are released. any ETA?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Servo_Advanced
I've been holding off on putting any Lupine sims in my neighborhood until the skins are released. any ETA?

I'm working on a skin re-do (higher quality), no ETA yet.

Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 1:46 AM
Im glad you are because those furs go great with the face. GREAT JOB! Your so awsome!
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kingtorrid
I'm working on a skin re-do (higher quality), no ETA yet.

Higher Quality? Most Excellent. Keep up the great work,

This is certainly going to add a much needed "New Element" into my game
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 11:08 AM
Im having something of a technical problem. While the faces work in the CAS, the moment i try to move in the game says no. I dont get any error messages, or glitches, or exploded heads, it just goes to the family loading screen and.. .gets stuck there. It never successfully even LOADS the family. I end up having to go into the task manager and forcibly shutting Sims 2 down.

Thoughts?
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Athari
Im having something of a technical problem. While the faces work in the CAS, the moment i try to move in the game says no. I dont get any error messages, or glitches, or exploded heads, it just goes to the family loading screen and.. .gets stuck there. It never successfully even LOADS the family. I end up having to go into the task manager and forcibly shutting Sims 2 down.

Thoughts?

I've had this same exact problem but it's not occured with any involvement with these faces. I believe the source is due to a mod that may edit live mode in some way, such as a more family members mod. It was a more family members mod that was causing mine, when I removed it, it stopped.
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 9:56 PM
Hey I downloaded the face archetype and when I try to start up my sims 2 it dont work, could it be cause I downloaded it?
Test Subject
#48 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MikeyTheFox
Hey I downloaded the face archetype and when I try to start up my sims 2 it dont work, could it be cause I downloaded it?

Only way to know is to remove it then try The Sims 2 again. If it works, then shut down the Sims 2 and re-install the Archetype. If it don't work that time, then it is the archetype. Although I doubt that this kind of download could cause the game to crash.
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Servo_Advanced
Only way to know is to remove it then try The Sims 2 again. If it works, then shut down the Sims 2 and re-install the Archetype. If it don't work that time, then it is the archetype. Although I doubt that this kind of download could cause the game to crash.

Well its not the archeytype...my game didnt start even when it was deleted....well It could be my computer...some times it dose that and wont let me open programs... umm.... im going to restart my computer really quick
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 1:31 AM
Ok it worked, it was just my computer acting up DX

but its working now. YAY! Now I get to make my Fursona look like him now lol :3
Page 2 of 4