Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture - Dressers, Desks, End Tables, Coffee Tables, Vanity and more (Updated 2008/11/10, Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added)

by Lord Darcy Posted 28th Jul 2008 at 6:39 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2011 at 1:07 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.05: Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added.

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 86 Feedback Posts, 120 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 11:41 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#202 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:59 AM
MUNTO obrigado amei munto
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 6:23 PM
Whoa, I really like this, thanks!
Just a question, please. I see you have two cakes per shelf in the glass container, but when I tried to do the same with fishes it didn't work. Is this something that could be worked over? It's really a waste of space having only two fishes on it. Three per shelf would be the perfect (since some fishes are big) but I would appreciate at least two anyway.
Instructor
#204 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 1:52 AM
Does this function with custom objects, or are the changes exclusively for Maxis assets? I know that in Sims 4 tuning mods similar to this will only apply to Maxis objects and don't affect any custom objects, but I have no idea how this works in The Sims 2, which is why I ask.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 10:53 PM
I'd love to get this... but I'm so confused. I have the sims ultimate, which has all the things/ all eps and sps. So I'm unclear which of the 5 different files I'm supposed to get... I've read through all the pages of comments. I saw only one that showed the proper install path, but not which file is the correct one to get.
Inventor
#206 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 12:49 AM
Just for anyone who's confused, if you have the Ultimate Collection, you get the AL file (pick either regular or the overlapping version depending on your taste). Put all the packages in your Downloads folder EXCEPT zLdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot_Overrides.package which goes in your Overrides folder, which for the standard Origin installation is Program Files > Origin Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Fun with Pets > SP9 > TSData > Res > Overrides

As for whether it affects any custom objects, it depends. If the slots are normally included in the package when cloning the object the CC was made from, then it won't apply to that CC since it would have its own edited slots. Looking into the overrides package, it seems to contain overrides for vanities, TVs, and fridges. I believe this means those are the only CC objects that would be affected by this mod, but I'm not sure. When in doubt, you can always look into the package file of the CC in question or simply load up your game and test it!

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#207 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 7:25 PM
Hello! I have the mac edition for the Ultimate collection from the App Store. (aka the aspyr version). I don't have an overrides folder or anything that remotely resembles one. The way the game files are organised is very different from the windows version. I was wondering if I can still use some functions of the mod without using the overrides package file, or will it not work that way? Or simply put everything in the downloads folder? I'm afraid the game will break or glitch out since I know the sims 2 code is very fragile.

ps: (My downloads folder works perfectly and I have a lot of cc in my game).

- Clutter lover with a bit of hope
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#208 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 10:30 PM
thanks! :0
Page 9 of 9