Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: NEW Grand Piano!

by faeriegurl Posted 25th Mar 2005 at 5:48 AM - Updated 25th Nov 2008 at 2:32 PM by -Maylin-

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:27 PM
This is without a doubt the most beautiful Sims2 object I've seen. I'm in awe. Thank you for sharing this.
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:35 PM Last edited by KWDWK : 25th Mar 2005 at 8:58 PM.
I completely agree!!!

EDIT: will test after i get home from school!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:46 PM
PUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*DROPS DEAD... :wow:

:jk: !

What a fantastic job! It looks professional, the shines are all in the right places, and the color is great, just what I wanted

Anyone that says any different... :notlisten

Thank you!

:clap: :agree::agree: :buddies:
Instructor
#29 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:58 PM
I just want to say this is a beautiful object,however it isn't showing up in my game, I was wondering if you may have some suggestion's on why this is?I have winrar, and I put it my downloads folder, so I can't figure out what I did wrong.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:10 PM
holy kittens this piano looks stunning ! gonna install it right now. will report back any problems.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:17 PM
Does this work without the Ep? I am not planning on getting Uni, & have been having problems with custom content crashing my game so I'm redoing my downloads folder....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassandra_107
Does this work without the Ep? I am not planning on getting Uni, & have been having problems with custom content crashing my game so I'm redoing my downloads folder....

I have the EP installed so I don't know if it works without University. I am still waiting for someone to test it with the original game.

~faeriegurl~
Sims 2 Creations - http://www.sims2creations.com

faerie's blog - http://spaces.msn.com/members/enchantedrealm/
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:56 PM
This is wonderful, it looks good and works perfectly in my game with the EP. Thank you so much for making this and sharing.

update: Sorry I forgot to test the "perform" option and found this does not work. The option just keeps getting cancelled. This is the same problem that is occuring with the wonderful keyboard you made. Hope this can be fixed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fireflies
faeriegurl - first nice looking Piano but i was wondering if you were the same person who originaly did it here? and if so did you fix the floor placement problems?

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...ght=Grand+Piano

No I didn't make the old piano. I haven't seen that one before so I don't know what floor placement problems you are referring to.

~faeriegurl~

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 10:56 PM
FaerieGurl, I love the object. Very professional work. Anyway, here's a report on my testing of it. I tested it on only one of my machines but it is my smoothist running machine (if ya know what I mean - very clean install of windows and the least system restore operations.) Running on straight-windows, as opposed to running windows under unix which is running under OS/2 on most of my other machines. It is also the machine that I have the most Sims2 hacks installed on...
This is EP compatible. The pie menues for all interactions show up as they are supposed to, and all sub pie menues such as Rock, Jazz, and Country - But the actions for "Join" and "Perform" drop out of Que. The icon shows up in the action que and immediatly drops out, sometimes - but not always - takes a few others with it when it leaves. I had 5 in the que and the sixth was the piano... it took two more out with it. I did this again with three in the que and it took none, tried it again with 5 in the que and it took none. The icons were differant ones the second time I tried 5 but I don't know which specific ones were the ones that got dropped along with the piano's.
Another thing, not really a big deal because in theory it would not affect the functionality of the object, is that the piano logically occupies 4 tiles instead while literally occupies 6 and therefore can be placed through walls. I didn't check if sims can walk through the part of the object that has no tiles, but again, in theory they should be able to. Here is a screenshot. I hope something in this long post can help you with this.
Screenshots

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 11:05 PM
Yeah, I had the same problem. Its beautiful and all but you cant preform or Join a preformance on the grand piano. Practiceing works just fine tho.

Ryox
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 2:43 AM
hey! i put this piano in my game and i have had no problems at all and thank you so much what a great object ......
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 2:53 AM
Beautiful, I am speechless, B---U----T-----full
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 4:59 AM
Thanks so much everyone for testing this and for your input on the various problems.

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out the performing problem. I think I am getting closer to a solution and as soon as it is finished I will post the new version.

I think right now I am going to give my brain a rest for a little bit. I have smoke coming out of my ears...
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 8:02 AM
It would really really be nice to get some actual test feedback followed by the praise for creating such great objects. I try to d/l if I can test just a bundle of objects at once without my working objects. Otherwise I wait to see what others say first if that ever ever happens. I like this object, and will d/l, and give you some REAL feedback w/o the EP install. These are the objects I d/l anyway.
#41 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 8:13 AM
i can't wait for the 'perform & join' update..............
Test Subject
#42 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 8:15 AM
Awesome! Way better than those poor Maxis made doodles!

Greetz, Essie
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 8:39 PM
It looks Beautiful on the screenshot, but sadly to say it doesn't show up in my game and I'm not sure if this helps but i don't have the EP.
Instructor
#44 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 8:46 PM
It doesn't work without the ep,I have just the orignial and it doesn't show and niether does the keyboard, but they are still great meshes!
Test Subject
#45 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 9:10 PM
Hey faeriegurl,

Adding the extra two tiles is actually fairly easy:

1) Locate the OBJDs with subindexes "1" and "257"
2) Duplicate/Clone these two OBJDs, give them new Instance IDs (the next numbers not used by the 5 already existant OBJDs preferably), and give them new GUIDs as well.
3) Duplicate/Clone the two OBJfs with the same Instance IDs as the original two OBJDs. Give the new OBJfs the same Instance IDs as the new OBJDs, respectively.
4) Change the subindex property of the new OBJDs from "1" to "2" and from "257" to "258".
5) Enjoy your new 2x6 tile piano :D

All it involves is cloning the back two OBJD's, changing their subindex properties, and cloning their corresponding OBJf's (with the same Instance ID).
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 9:13 PM
Forgot to mention: the subindex property is actually the location of the tile... see the attached picture for details.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 10:53 PM
Wow! :D
Instructor
#48 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 11:50 PM
I don't have have the EP. The piano does not show up in the game. I put the package file into the download folder and not the 2 pictures included. Is this ok? Shame really as I really loved that piano.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 1:10 AM
I too would've loved to have it in my game... but don't have the EP.
Would it be possible to clone it from the standard Sims2 piano??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gabman
Hey faeriegurl,

Adding the extra two tiles is actually fairly easy:

1) Locate the OBJDs with subindexes "1" and "257"
2) Duplicate/Clone these two OBJDs, give them new Instance IDs (the next numbers not used by the 5 already existant OBJDs preferably), and give them new GUIDs as well.
3) Duplicate/Clone the two OBJfs with the same Instance IDs as the original two OBJDs. Give the new OBJfs the same Instance IDs as the new OBJDs, respectively.
4) Change the subindex property of the new OBJDs from "1" to "2" and from "257" to "258".
5) Enjoy your new 2x6 tile piano :D

All it involves is cloning the back two OBJD's, changing their subindex properties, and cloning their corresponding OBJf's (with the same Instance ID).

Thanks for letting me know how to do it, I will fix that as well when I get the perform and join functions corrected.

~faeriegurl~

Page 2 of 7