Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: NEW Grand Piano!

by faeriegurl Posted 25th Mar 2005 at 5:48 AM - Updated 25th Nov 2008 at 2:32 PM by -Maylin-

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lieseitens
Hello Faeriegurl,
I don't have the ep so your beautyful piano is not showing up in my game even like your awesum keybord. Is it possible to make those beautyful things for people like my whitout the ep?

I second the above statement entirely
don't have the ep
but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so much want your beautiful grand piano and your marvellous keyboard would love u forever if was at all possible
Test Subject
#77 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:00 PM
Wow! that looks gorgeous! can't wait to get it into my game...
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:19 PM
Outstanding Work!!!
First i would like to say to faeriegurl ...OUTSTANDING!!!....i downloaded this as soon as i saw it...along with the electronic keyboard u made.....they both look stunning...especialy the grand piano (my fav) the join opption does'nt work for me but practice works just fine...and to be perfectly honest....practise is good enough....i think the look of the piano is worth the download alone.....i would,nt have cared if it was just for show either....lol....but u excelled urself....FANSIMMINGTASTIC job :clap: :elephant: :dsausage: lol....u can just about see the piano in this screenshot i took earlyer
Field Researcher
#79 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 8:19 PM
You are as unto a God!! I have been searching everywhere for a grand piaon that would work with the EP!! YAY!!!!! I'm dling it now and will test it tonight. I am so excited!!!!!!!! I, too, play the piano and this is as close to a grand as I'm likely to own so it means a lot to me. ..........whee!!!..........
Instructor
#80 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 1:20 PM Last edited by Motoki : 14th Apr 2005 at 3:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by I.lurk
has anyone figured out why this object doesn't show up in TS2 original? i've read through the thread and haven't seen any comments addressing this issue. btw, the grand piano (and the related electronic keyboard) look really nice. great job. it's just a shame that they don't show up unless you've got the EP.

University changes the piano object with some new options. Since I'm guessing she cloned it off of the university version of the piano, that's probably why it doesn't show up. I'm having similar issues with a clone of the Moneywell computer.

If someone were able to clone the piano from the regular game without University, this piano mesh could then be inserted into that one and in theory it should work without university.
#81 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:30 AM
I download it too but it doesn't show up for me anywhere what I'm a doing wrong please Help
#82 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:58 AM
I just recently had to sell my beautiful black grand piano (my real one :P) and was so so upset...now at least my Sims can have one just like it
Forum Resident
#83 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 8:53 AM
Nice lovely piano thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 4:00 PM
I have dutifully read all the posts so no one yell at me. Have the action options been fixed on this most glorious object? Thanks, keke
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 12:50 PM
If the Sims could perform Classical I would want perform for this Grand Piano....since they can't I will leave it like you made it. I luv it.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 12:39 AM
Quite beautiful!
Test Subject
#87 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 4:13 PM
It's realy beautifull but it's not working with my Sims 2
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(
Test Subject
#88 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 4:16 PM
What's AN EP???? I'm New
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:31 PM
What a lovely Piano! It looks much mether than the original. Great work...
Instructor
#90 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:04 PM
Thankyou for this Fantastic piano.
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 9:54 PM
This is sooooooo beautiful but it doesn't show up on the original sims 2 game. Can it work on it or is it just EP compatible. Buti t is lovely! nice work! i'm a little dissapointed tho
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 8:26 PM
Man you a RELLY! talented. i wish i could do stuff like this but hey i need SimPE and it will never finish downloading :mrpantha:
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 8:45 PM
Can't say enough. Musicians dream. I appreciate this.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 13th May 2005 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gabman
Hey faeriegurl,

Adding the extra two tiles is actually fairly easy:

1) Locate the OBJDs with subindexes "1" and "257"
2) Duplicate/Clone these two OBJDs, give them new Instance IDs (the next numbers not used by the 5 already existant OBJDs preferably), and give them new GUIDs as well.
3) Duplicate/Clone the two OBJfs with the same Instance IDs as the original two OBJDs. Give the new OBJfs the same Instance IDs as the new OBJDs, respectively.
4) Change the subindex property of the new OBJDs from "1" to "2" and from "257" to "258".
5) Enjoy your new 2x6 tile piano :D

All it involves is cloning the back two OBJD's, changing their subindex properties, and cloning their corresponding OBJf's (with the same Instance ID).

Hey Gabman,

Can you explain this to a layperson I have successfully used faeriegurl's mesh to create a grand piano that can be used without the EP, but I want to make it 2X6 as you indicated. However, I'm basically ignorant of SimPE's capabilities and don't understand what you mean by "subindexes." I've searched for them in vain. Can you give me a dumbed-down version of how to do this? I would really appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 13th May 2005 at 5:21 PM
This is really beautiful. Thanks
Forum Resident
#96 Old 16th May 2005 at 7:15 AM
ah GREAT!!!!!!!!!<3
Test Subject
#97 Old 27th May 2005 at 6:02 PM
Wow, thanks!! Great job. I myself play the piano and - yes, the Maxis-piano is nice, but I missed something extraordinary, modern, an elegant grand piano maybe ... like yours!
I'll test it soon ...
Test Subject
#98 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 7:49 AM
It's beautiful. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#99 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 6:10 PM
I love this. I have tryied the baby grand and yours here, but the perform function is not working in my game.

I have the EP. I have the band controller. I have a few of the guitars which work great. I have the paino bar which works great.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:34 AM
That is... well... Awsome!!!!
Page 4 of 7