Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drivable Cars without NL (Game Add-on) *UPD 28nov2008*

by Numenor Posted 10th Nov 2008 at 1:57 AM - Updated 14th Dec 2009 at 9:25 AM by Numenor : Updated "Cars.package" archive

227 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 201 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Test Subject
#176 Old 22nd May 2010 at 1:29 AM
I have Nightlife, but I didn't want to install it to save space, so I just have The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Pets installed. I downloaded and unpacked it into my Downloads folder, and it showed up on the Custom Content screen prior to entering the neighborhoods, but I don't see any cars anywhere. Did I do something/forget to do something?
Test Subject
#177 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kairin
I have Nightlife, but I didn't want to install it to save space, so I just have The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Pets installed. I downloaded and unpacked it into my Downloads folder, and it showed up on the Custom Content screen prior to entering the neighborhoods, but I don't see any cars anywhere. Did I do something/forget to do something?

Nevermind! It's works! I see the cars. I had to move my family. Thank you so much for this helpful mod for us people who like to save space. Thanks again for your generosity! =D Keep the superb work coming!
Test Subject
#178 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 10:43 PM
Did I mention already how awesome this add-on is? :D
Test Subject
#179 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:11 AM
Does anyone know why the f*** it isnt working in sims 2 pets?
Test Subject
#180 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 11:24 AM Last edited by TheSimAce : 11th Aug 2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Extra detail.
Thanks Numenor!
I've recently found that my Double Deluxe disc was scratched, so I couldn't install it to my new computer. So I ran to get me a new copy, but there was only the base game. So I downloaded this, so it feels like I have nightlife again.
THANKS!

Just for the record, I have OFB, Pets, Seasons, Uni and Freetime, and it seems to work PERFECTLY!
Test Subject
#181 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 11:58 PM
will Bon Voyage alone work with this and do i need to download simPE?
I downloaded the 3 downloads but my sims isnt working with the download but when i deleted it my sims works fine again. Can you tell me what is wrong. Is it tht i have 2 install simPE?
Test Subject
#182 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:34 AM
This is so cool!
Test Subject
#183 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:05 PM
Wow cool I love all your downloads but I've got NL. But I've got OFB but it won't install because your so clever could you upload Working Sevros without OFB please, please, please
Test Subject
#184 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:49 AM
If you unlock everything from everygame PEOPLE WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!<---- ESPECIALLY ME! PLEASE DO! i only have: the base game, ofb, seasons. and i need| witches beachlots kauldrons broom sticks vampires EVERYTHING! i would appreciate| it... its just a suggestion---------------------------------------------------------|

A.F.G creator
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 4:15 PM
Finnaly I could uninstall the god-damn nightlife because it lagged a bit TOO much. Thanx veeeeeeery much, @Numenor !!
Test Subject
#186 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 6:54 PM
YOU ARE A SIMS 2 GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dowloaded the stuff and cars packages(no need for the sound because I always play with the volume off anyway. Simlish annoys me. lol). And now I have the nightlife cars too. The Hunka 711 by Hwang Motors is awesome. I haven't attempted to download cars from other places and edit them in SimPE yet(I don't even have SimPe).

Here I go again on my own,going down the only road I've ever known. Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone. And I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time, but here I go again, here I go again, here I go again, here I go.
Test Subject
#187 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 9:55 PM
After I have modified the cars with SimPE is it okay to delete SIMPE?

Here I go again on my own,going down the only road I've ever known. Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone. And I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time, but here I go again, here I go again, here I go again, here I go.
Test Subject
#188 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:12 PM
Default Drive Way?
I downloaded all three files to my game, but it said no picture was available D: So I downloaded a custom car and it worked! (claps) =P I'm just no quite sure where the driveways are? I can't place the car without it unless I use the moveobjects cheat, but then I can't drive around because it says the car can't park in the lot without a driveway! Any suggestions? I thought maybe I'd have to download the original Maxis Driveway and Garage set, but I don't have access and I see that the download should come with it (or so I think) so it would mess it up anyways. D:
Test Subject
#189 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 6:40 AM
thankyou! i honestly didnt think that this would work but then my drive way thingy showed up and i was like WOW! but the first time i downloaded the cars, they didnt show up so im gonna try it again and if it does show up in my game then YOU R MY HERO!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#190 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 5:03 AM
wow this actually worked! thank you! ofcorse i had to install SimPE to do so but its a very easy process. THANKYOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:28 AM
Numenor you are a genius!!!!
Test Subject
#192 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 4:20 AM
How about a working karaoke machine without nightlife? that would be really great!!
Test Subject
#193 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 2:17 AM
I am not sure if i did this right. I downloaded all 3 of the things and they are in the right spot. The game recognized all of them. They are enabled. I have seasons, pets, bon voyage so that is not the problem. I went into my house and to buy mode and the cars option is still grayed out. Any help would be appreciated =) thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 6:18 PM
The included cars showed up in my game, by other cars I downloaded seperately are not, except for one of them.

Also, I downloaded Fresh-Prince's new garage doors and they did not appear either. All of the cars I've downloaded are by him as well.
Instructor
#195 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bigbottomgirl
I am not sure if i did this right. I downloaded all 3 of the things and they are in the right spot. The game recognized all of them. They are enabled. I have seasons, pets, bon voyage so that is not the problem. I went into my house and to buy mode and the cars option is still grayed out. Any help would be appreciated =) thank you

That is probably because you don't have the needed garage set which EA provided on their site,but it is impossible to get it now because the site is down

Common sense is so rare these days...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#196 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 3:06 PM
Thank you so much, this is fantastic. i never thought anyone would do this, i was wrong. =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#197 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 10:34 PM
That's awesome! You always will be one of my favourite modders!
Test Subject
#198 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nixxy245
That is probably because you don't have the needed garage set which EA provided on their site,but it is impossible to get it now because the site is down

Site's back up, exchange was back up either last night or the one before, as far as I know.
A lot of the images or downloads that weren't by the maxismonkeys or maxoids were fragmented/missing though. Cars or maxis-issued stuff looked okay.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 10:20 PM
Wow! Very cool! But I have Nightlife, Could you do something like it but with Pets?
Test Subject
#200 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 11:24 AM
You Are a freaking Genius.[:
Page 8 of 10