Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 1st May 2016 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamer1616
Um, I have a question. In The Sims 3, is a 4x3 lot the same as a 40x30 one? Oh, and what are OMSPs?
Yes, 40x30 is the same as 4x3

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 1st May 2016 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamer1616
Um, I have a question. In The Sims 3, is a 4x3 lot the same as a 40x30 one? Oh, and what are OMSPs?

OMSPs are an acronym for 'One More Slot Please' custom items, which enable you to place another item on a table or piece of furniture which you wouldn't be able to otherwise. I assume it's the same between TS2 and TS3, but they are usually used to place more than one thing on a specific piece of furniture, for example a desk, since they are usually created with one slot and adds a bit more of realism to your entry.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:46 PM
How are we defining "cafe" for the application round? Does it have to be a full-fledged restaurant? can it be scaled down to the level of a coffee shop? somewhere in between?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 1st May 2016 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
How are we defining "cafe" for the application round? Does it have to be a full-fledged restaurant? can it be scaled down to the level of a coffee shop? somewhere in between?
To me a cafe is somewhere where you would buy a breakfast or lunch or just a cup of coffee. It doesn't have to be a fully fledged restaurant, so just the coffee bar would suffice.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 2nd May 2016 at 7:03 AM
I have only noticed that this has been open today! Is it possible to make it more visible in the Sims 2 Discussion thread? Starting to build
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#56 Old 2nd May 2016 at 7:48 AM
This contest doesn't show up at all, I was just told it was on by Justpetro. I had looked up to contests everyday but it showed the Monopoly one so I assumed no new posts. I think it needs to at least be visible from the sims 2 board and replace the Monopoly one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 2nd May 2016 at 10:16 AM
It is advertised on the home page, Joandsarah77

Rubric Wrangler
#58 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This contest doesn't show up at all, I was just told it was on by Justpetro. I had looked up to contests everyday but it showed the Monopoly one so I assumed no new posts. I think it needs to at least be visible from the sims 2 board and replace the Monopoly one.

Because this one is multi-game, it shows up in the Joint Contests forum (which you can get to through any game's contest forum). Kinda confusing, I know, but just a quirk of how the forum structure currently works afaik.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Mad Poster
#59 Old 2nd May 2016 at 3:25 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 2nd May 2016 at 3:28 PM. Reason: Add something.
The problem is not that it is under Jointcontests. The problem is that a new post for this contest does not show up anywhere - I think I check the home page regularly, yet only saw the contest headline this morning - it is on the side of the page. If both Jo and I missed it, others probably had as well. I have also been waiting for this because we know it was going to take place.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 2nd May 2016 at 4:50 PM
I was not aware that contest threads were not showing up, Justpetro, thanks for letting us know. I've made three separate threads in the Discussion forums for now! I may extend the deadline.

Field Researcher
#61 Old 2nd May 2016 at 5:03 PM Last edited by trambling101 : 2nd May 2016 at 5:24 PM.
My suggestion for you guys that I did was that I subscribed to this thread, so like you can find it under 'User Tools' in the top-right corner, but like obviously it doesn't fix the hidden initial component to it. I recall finding this through a simblr/tumblr share to be honest.

Also, Karen I noticed that your MTS signature mentions the contest, maybe suggest that it's live now!

Call me Seth!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 2nd May 2016 at 6:17 PM
Signature is update, thank you for reminding me, Seth

Instructor
#63 Old 2nd May 2016 at 8:49 PM
Great idea of contest ! I'll had participated if I had seen that before today. I can't believe I just missed it ! Perhaps it's because I can't get used to the new front page of the web site...

Can I participate to the other rounds, even thought I haven't the first one ?
I will certainly be glad if you change the due date as you suggested it, Karen Lorraine ...

Anyway, have fun, you all !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 2nd May 2016 at 9:57 PM Last edited by trambling101 : 2nd May 2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: application round extended
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Great idea of contest ! I'll had participated if I had seen that before today. I can't believe I just missed it ! Perhaps it's because I can't get used to the new front page of the web site...

Can I participate to the other rounds, even thought I haven't the first one ?
I will certainly be glad if you change the due date as you suggested it, Karen Lorraine ...

Anyway, have fun, you all !

The application round finishes May 15th, you still have a bit of time if you want to submit your entry so no need to worry! We only have 2 contestants so far and need many more!

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#65 Old 2nd May 2016 at 10:28 PM
Thank you, KarenLorraine
Mad Poster
#66 Old 2nd May 2016 at 10:36 PM
Karen - Are you extending the deadline?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 2nd May 2016 at 10:55 PM
@ankoyume The deadline date isn't until 8 May! That's just under a week away, isn't that long enough?

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd May 2016 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Karen - Are you extending the deadline?
Do you need me to?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#69 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:06 PM
A week to build an airport? Is something small allowed? I'll admit I don't feel like trying to build an airport right now either, but I will try.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:24 PM
Because the posts weren't showing I have extended the deadline for a week. The new deadline is Sunday 15 May.

Scholar
#71 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:38 PM
I think that it would be better to extend the deadline by another, say, 4 days, especially since the contest wasn't advertised for folks to be aware of it.
Ok, that was done fast.

Maybe in regards to the coding side of the forum, "Joint Contests" can be added in to the Sub-Forum list to make it more visible, as was the case with the old design:

Although, even with the old design, new threads were not visible. But at least folks were aware that a Joint Contest forum exists rather than clicking the Sims 2 Contest link to notice it.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 3rd May 2016 at 1:25 AM
I only found out that this contest had started yesterday when I got a PM from Justpetro. I never thought of looking in the joint contests -- I didn't realise it was going to be for all 3 games. I had been planning to miss this contest as a contestant, but I was going to offer to judge instead. But I see you've already got 3 judges plus an emergency one. I suppose you could bear me in mind as a possible reserve emergency judge if such a life form exists.

I honestly don't think I could do justice to this contest. I don't have Bon Voyage so I'm not used to the idea of my Sims going on holiday/vacation. The Monopoly Game Town Contest suited me because, to be honest, I'm a better bean-counter than I am a builder. I liked the challenge of trying to decipher the contracts, and then trying to build to a tight budget. In the game, I'm a player rather than a builder; I usually only build what my Sims need, and most of my Sims have a limited budget. I enjoyed the Monopoly contest, but it took up a lot of time, and I'm planning on spending time on other commitments in the next couple of months. That includes commitments to my Sims -- for example Consort and Tybalt Capp are both planning on getting married (to their ex-Townie/Downtownie girlfriends April Hutchins and Lexie Kauker). I've been talking about them getting married for about 18 months now, so it really is time I did something about it!

However, I see that at present there are only two entries with about six days to go. If, as we get near the deadline, there it still looks likely that there might not be enough entries, I'll try to put in some sort of scratch entry to make sure the contest at least gets started. I gave a vague idea of a possible starting place for a holiday that wouldn't take me too long to build.

Thank you for extending the deadline Karen -- I was about to ask you to do that.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#73 Old 3rd May 2016 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Because the posts weren't showing I have extended the deadline for a week. The new deadline is Sunday 15 May.

Phew, I dont need to rush to finish it!! Everythime I think Im almost done, then I think of some other little detail!!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#74 Old 3rd May 2016 at 1:42 AM
It really needs more publicity, perhaps people with Tumblrs could post it there? Tiff, at least you have something built.

How much is the cc free bonus worth?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#75 Old 3rd May 2016 at 2:27 AM
Hmmm... an extra week, you say? That might give me time to make another lot altogether, so that I can try two different directions here! I'm getting fairly close to finished with my initial lot already, so...

Also, 5 points Jo.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.

Page 3 of 44