Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#226 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Croutonian
I think I tried to use this property for one of my first sim families too...but gave up and moved them back out didn't work or suit them ultimately!
What REALLY bugs me about this one is that long corridor upstairs...there's no purpose to it and the tiles would've been better included in the room on the right...

I remember my first family in that place. That lovely long one tile corridor-'The corridor of foot stomping' Which is why I've always moved the stairs or walls!

Also good morning to you to Lucia-well it's morning over here anyway and I see pictures have been put up while I was asleep. I can see I will have to get my roller skates on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#227 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucia940
Do you think it may be easier for the judges to judge each entry if we take a photo of the house as it is before we do anything and then post our photo's?

For me personally, not needed - I'm going to fight with my disc drive shortly to get the game loaded so I can have a lil play along with this - I'll take a pic of the before for my own reference

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#228 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:19 PM
A couple of silly questions.

One is in my post above about swapping to spiral stairs.

Second is the Jones Family just a single male?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#229 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:21 PM Last edited by RowenaLupin : 13th Oct 2012 at 7:58 PM. Reason: Added Top/Bottom Ariel
Alright, here's mine. I chose the Gardener Family.

The Gardener Family: Rose loves plants. She is happy and easy going. Not too concerned with material things, she's happy as long as she's surrounded with flowers. Budget: 40,000

Note: yes, I do have the inaccessible beds mod. Its all under the spoiler because I'm still learning how to size everything properly.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#230 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:39 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 12th Oct 2012 at 10:50 PM.
RowenaLupin, you don't have the two top down "floor plan" pics. But a lovely entry.

joandsarah, yes, it's just Steve And I say no to the spirals. It's a different footprint, so a bit more major than a simple swap.

Lucia, nice of you to suggest, but I don't think it's necessary either

Also would like to let everyone know, you are allowed to edit your entries clear up until the deadline
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Also would like to let everyone know, you are allowed to edit your entries clear up until the deadline

Oh thank goodness, I forgot about the front-view picture, so I'll replace one of mine right now
Field Researcher
#232 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Croutonian
The rules were clear enough, yes? So that's why you changed the walls of the property?

We don't want to fight with you, but in all honesty, if you were able to miss the important rule of not changing the walls, then perhaps you missed the bit about 20 participants?

I didn't change any of the walls, and added only a half-wall in the bathroom, which it was stated was allowed. The rest is like it came. Not looking to fight, either, just irritated that the post was still showing a deadline for tonight after I posted. I did note that it was stated the deadline would be changed, since an arbitrary number of people had posted (after posting and reading through the pages). In any case, I had time for this one, and not sure if I will later or not. Any idea of a schedule for the rest?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#233 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:32 AM
I'm not sure. This one will take a month. So not till at least then. And with the holidays after that, probably won't do the next one till the beginning of next year.
Field Researcher
#234 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
In any case, I had time for this one, and not sure if I will later or not.

Looking at your profile, you have Sims 3 too? A Sims 3 interior design contest went up yesterday, perhaps you could try that one?

Site Helper
#235 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 13th Oct 2012 at 2:03 AM. Reason: Added pictures with changed area circled.
I didn't change any of the walls, and added only a half-wall in the bathroom, which it was stated was allowed. The rest is like it came.
When I read Croutonian's comment, I went into the game to look at the original footprint. You've extended the front of the house, something which was clearly not allowed. Perhaps you changed the house before you saw the contest and forgot that you changed it?

If you're not convinced, take another look at the first post in this thread. Compare the front of your house with the original front of the house.

In any case, I had time for this one, and not sure if I will later or not. Any idea of a schedule for the rest?
I wonder whether you misunderstand how this works. Once you are accepted for a contest, you have to submit an entry for every single house in the thread. Since you are out of the contest, you can't submit entries for any of the other houses.
Screenshots
Instructor
#236 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:53 AM
Ahh you know what? I HAD the floor plan pics. Their image is still in notepad. I'll fix that right away!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#237 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:55 AM
lipe2k...I'm pretty sure it has a front view...lol
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#238 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I wonder whether you misunderstand how this works. Once you are accepted for a contest, you have to submit an entry for every single house in the thread. Since you are out of the contest, you can't submit entries for any of the other houses.

I told her earlier that I was planning on 2 more cycles, for Strangetown and Veronaville. I think that's what she meant.

*EDIT* Man that's twice now! Sorry for the double post! I'm a terrible example as a host!
Instructor
#239 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 2:15 AM
I did the Gardener in hopes of getting my favorite colors of brown and green out of my system! I have this habit of using brown and green a little extensively, and that's why I entered this contest is to improve and expand my colors. :D
Field Researcher
#240 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 6:00 AM
Don’t worry Lucia, at the very least, I’m planning to download all the houses and looked at them in game, so I know what you guys are working with. I’ll probably also do a quick redecoration, so I can better understand the challenges of the house.

I thought you all might like a post with feedback on your applications. No score, just feedback I'm not requiring it of the other judges, but if you'd like to do so, feel free to PM me some.

Sounds like a good idea. I’ll start going over the entries. (So, I guess you guys won’t be able to tell who the comments are from )
Test Subject
#241 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 6:31 AM
Default Pleasantview Home Makeover Contest
Here's my entry! I chose the Jones family with the single, lone, workaholic!

Field Researcher
#242 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 8:16 AM
WCIF reflective floors?
Instructor
#243 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 8:38 AM
I got mine at avenidasims.com, at least that's what they say in my game. Might have to look around the site I haven't been there since I put them in my game ages ago.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#244 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 12:23 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Oct 2012 at 11:34 PM.
My entry is for the Jones family of the single workaholic male. I kind of ran out of cash which is why there are a couple of slightly bare areas. Opposite to a PP I went for darker colours of grey and black to try and get out of my comfort zone of bright colours.
Apart from the red...

The spoiler is working! Thanks Lipe.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#245 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 2:20 PM
lipe2k...I'm pretty sure it has a front view...lol

Well, it has now I mean... Does the previous one work as a front-view? It's kind of half-front, half-side in my opinion, that's why I changed.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The spoiler doesn't seem to be working.

That's because you closed it with [spoiler/]. The slash comes first [/ spoiler]
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#246 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 2:38 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 13th Oct 2012 at 3:34 PM.
I suppose the first one technically isn't a front view. But I could clearly see the front

We will be giving you feedback for your applications...when we all get it done, lol. Hopefully by the end of the weekend...?
Theorist
#247 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 3:54 PM
I know that changing/moving/adding trees and plants is OK. What about putting in a pool or a driveway or a hot tub/log rolling pit/other in-ground item?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#248 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 4:07 PM
Driveways are fine, obviously no garage, lol. Pools, hot tubs, etc are fine too.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#249 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:11 PM
I also have a question. Since this is a Pleasantview makeover, are you only pulling houses from Pleasantview, or are you also considering basegame lots that started in the bin? And are you considering houses that start with current residents? Like the Caliente's house or the Dreamers? I not sure I like the idea of evicting someone for a challenge
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:12 PM
joandsarah77, I love your version of 30 lakeside drive. Could you please upload it somewhere? I have a couple sims in pleasantview in need of a bachelor pad, and this house is perfect.

PS: Good luck with the challenge!

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=

Page 10 of 45