Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Mod not showing up.
I installed the smoking mod in the package folder. So I went into the game and went to misc decorations where I was supposed to find it. If I'm not correct it should show up on the script mods. (It was a script mod) I was super confused and exited. I tried a few times then tried removing the smoking mod file then readded it. It didn't work and I really wanted to use the mod. ;-; I don't really have any photos of this.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:22 PM
-Yes my other mods work
-It might be but the comments are in 2018/2017 so I don't think so.It shouldn't be conflicting with anything. I went into the game once with just skins
and the mod itself and still didn't work.
-I'll make sure to try that if it turns out outdated,
`
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:24 PM
Also try looking in all deco. I know this makes no sense, but sometimes I find objects there that I never see in the subcategories like misc. where they also should be.

Also worth asking, are you clearing (deleting) your game folder's top level cache files, especially the scriptCache.package file, before starting up and looking for the object in-game?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by .*~Lady~*.
-Yes my other mods work
-It might be but the comments are in 2018/2017 so I don't think so.It shouldn't be conflicting with anything. I went into the game once with just skins
and the mod itself and still didn't work.
-I'll make sure to try that if it turns out outdated,
`

I've had that mod in for some time now and it works. Try what @nitromon suggested sorting using CC. You should see a little red cigarette box called "Coffin Nail Cigarettes". OR, try exiting the game removing the package file from mods, download again and put it in packages, clear script cache and reload the game.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:30 PM
Uh-oh, someone must have sounded the NRaas staff "Everyone Answer at Once" alarm on this one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Also try looking in all deco. I know this makes no sense, but sometimes I find objects there that I never see in the subcategories like misc. where they also should be.

Also worth asking, are you clearing (deleting) your game folder's top level cache files, especially the scriptCache.package file, before starting up and looking for the object in-game?

1. I've tried that same idea. No luck. 2. No I'm not...I'll try that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I've had that mod in for some time now and it works. Try what @nitromon suggested sorting using CC. You should see a little red cigarette box called "Coffin Nail Cigarettes". OR, try exiting the game removing the package file from mods, download again and put it in packages, clear script cache and reload the game.

-I've tried sorting the cc already, didn't work. I know what it's called because I saw a comment saying that.
-Okay I'll try doing that...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:18 PM

I tried your second method and it still didn't work..I wish I could find a way. It's seems like a really cool mod!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Try removing all your other mods and run only this mod.

I'll try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Try removing all your other mods and run only this mod.

;-; Didn't work.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Uh-oh, someone must have sounded the NRaas staff "Everyone Answer at Once" alarm on this one.
Aha, suspicion confirmed. There is a special NRaas staff alert button in here. Is it like the Bat-Signal?

And to OP. If other mods work and this one doesn't. And if removing all mods except for this one and then it doesn't show up anyway, hm, maybe you could post screenshots of the contents of your Mods and Packages folders then?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by .*~Lady~*.
I tried your second method and it still didn't work..I wish I could find a way. It's seems like a really cool mod!

AHHH ... I was hoping one of the suggestions in here would work for you. As a last ditch effort would you consider putting the mod in your Overrides Folder, clear the script cache and see if that works?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:02 PM
AHHH ... I was hoping one of the suggestions in here would work for you. As a last ditch effort would you consider putting the mod in your Overrides Folder, clear the script cache and see if that works?

I'll try that! Thanks for the suggestion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:15 PM

Nope.. ;-;