Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 11:52 PM
Default New bodyshape of Maxis not showing
Once more, issues. This time I made a HBB shape of the riding pants and its not showing when I export a new texture this is a direct export import of the texture via bodyshop. *I mean by not showing is the shape. The black pants come up but in the maxis shape not HBB.* I will include the mesh, recolor. Thank You. I have not found any error in the mesh file myself.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Downloads.rar (240.7 KB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 3:16 PM
You are right - your Mesh-file has no errors.
It's your clothing-file NewRD.package that is faulty. There is no Binary Index-file (BINX) and no Text-file (STR#). In the 3D ID Referencing File (3IDR) is four files missing: UI data,Textlists, Collection and Category (Proprty set).
I borrowed your Mesh-file and made a new clothing-file:

You find my clothing file here:

Note: There are both Maxis and HBB clothing in the file. You need your mesh-file!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
You are right - your Mesh-file has no errors.
It's your clothing-file NewRD.package that is faulty. There is no Binary Index-file (BINX) and no Text-file (STR#). In the 3D ID Referencing File (3IDR) is four files missing: UI data,Textlists, Collection and Category (Proprty set).
I borrowed your Mesh-file and made a new clothing-file:

You find my clothing file here:

Note: There are both Maxis and HBB clothing in the file. You need your mesh-file!

Thank you! But it was a direct export import of the maxis texture. What happened to have no other resources?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 8:55 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Mar 2020 at 3:53 AM.
Did you use the file in the Project folder or did you click "import to game" and use the file that should now show in SavedSims?

Package files in the Project folder are NOT for use ingame. They're templates Bodyshop uses to make the files it exports to SavedSims, and lack some very important resources that are added to the "import to game" files in SavedSims. You should ONLY use files from SavedSims when you're linking a recolor to a mesh.

You can see the difference between them in that the Project files will have only the project name (for instance "RedDress.package"), while SavedSims files will have an 8 digit alphanumerical sequence in front, something like "57f43a21_RedDress.package". The Project files will also be in the Project folder, and they lack some resources, such as the Binary Index-file (BINX) and Text-file (STR#).

The Project files are just templates and they're meant to be reused by Bodyshop, and won't show in your or anyone else's game. SavedSims files are game-ready files that will show up in yours and other people's games.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Did you use the file in the Project folder or did you click "import to game" and use the file that should now show in SavedSims?

Package files in the Project folder are NOT for use ingame. They're templates Bodyshop uses to make the files it exports to SavedSims, and lack some very important resources that are added to the "import to game" files in SavedSims. You should ONLY use files from SavedSims when you're linking a recolor to a mesh.

You can see the difference between them in that the Project files will have only the project name (for instance "RedDress.package"), while SavedSims files will have an 8 digit alphanumerical sequence in front, something like "57f43a21_RedDress.package". The Project files will also be in the Project folder, and they lack some resources, such as the Binary Index-file (BINX) and Text-file (STR#).

The Project files are just templates and they're meant to be reused, and won't show in your or anyone else's game. SavedSims files are game-ready files that will show up in yours and other people's games.

I was indeed using project files. Thank you both for teaching me this! Very useful info