Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
whats the difference between non-default and default skins?
confused
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:18 PM
A default skin completely replaces the EA skin, so you can't choose it in the skintone panel.

A non-default skin is something you can choose and doesn't completely replace the EA skin.

Edit: a better worded response from someone on the forums; "Default replaces the ones that are originally in the game, whereas non-default ones are separate ones, you can choose whether you want to use them or not."

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:33 PM
thank you so much for letting me know that and did you see my other question on here? noone has answered it yet and i really need some help, so if you could read it and if you know any of the answers to the questions i would really really appreciate it. thank you again for taking the time to answer my question. have a great day!
Inventor
#4 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:35 PM
No problem and I have not. I'll take a look and see if its up my alley (if it's computer tech help, I'm letting you know now that I'm woefully inexperienced with that).

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
A default skin completely replaces the EA skin, so you can't choose it in the skintone panel.

A non-default skin is something you can choose and doesn't completely replace the EA skin.

Edit: a better worded response from someone on the forums; "Default replaces the ones that are originally in the game, whereas non-default ones are separate ones, you can choose whether you want to use them or not."

So if I download a default eye mod, let's say, I won;t be able to use the eyes originally in the game? Also, what If I download multiple eye mods? Will they conflict?
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dianatro
So if I download a default eye mod, let's say, I won;t be able to use the eyes originally in the game? Also, what If I download multiple eye mods? Will they conflict?

If you use default eyes, then yes, they will replace original game eyes. However, you can download as many accessory contacts you want and those will not replace original game eyes. Contacts can also be used together with default eyes. But remember, you can only have one default eyes in your game at a time or they will conflict.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 11:38 PM
Thank u so much that explains when I went into my game I didn't see another skintone