Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 6:11 PM Last edited by SwitchyWitchy : 29th Jul 2020 at 10:22 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Supernatural
Default Did I download the wrong .package? Or do I need to fix said .package?
Sorry that I'm new here, so if I miss something, please let me know!

Before I did a reset on my laptop (not a full one, just enough to clear a lot of data, but keep files), I had mods on the Sims 3, in the correct place, with the Resource.cfg file, and it would work fine. (I had to reset because I had to clear some stuff out, but I kept files on my OneDrive.) Now that I tried to put in some of the same mods, plus other custom content (mostly clothes and hair) and some content I edited myself, the mods won't show up. I have that one mod that is supposed to skip the intro and every time, it does the intro in full instead of the intended skip function. The custom content that doesn't have packages (I believe they're called Sims3Packs) seem to work fine, but the mods still won't show up.

It goes as follows:

Documents
Electronic Arts
The Sims 3
Mods
Overrides
Packages
Resource.cfg

I wanted to save certain packages to my game without needing to bookmark every single one so I could come back to those later. So, I extracted the files, took out the packages from their folders, and placed them within the Packages folder. I also read somewhere that a .package file is supposed to have no spaces in the name (somewhere on Steam), so could that be the problem? Do I have to edit the file names that have spaces in them so they can work? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I also get this error message saying, "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modification or get updated versions of them-otherwise, you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?"

I have the base game and World Adventures expansion, plus the version is: 1.69.43.024017.

I hope I have provided enough info.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
This issue has to do with your game set up and nothing to do with your specs. Please remove your specs from your post else you're going to get some unhelpful 3rd world techs telling you that your system is too shitty to run the game and you should just forget it and get a gaming laptop.

Sorry, I removed the specs. I didn't realize that till you pointed it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 12:40 AM
Sorry to bump this, but I think I managed to delete the right package and now everything works! I think it was the awesome.package. Sorry to bother everyone!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 6:10 AM Last edited by igazor : 30th Jul 2020 at 6:28 AM.
AwesomeMod is up to date in the sense that the current version should be working without serious issues. It now auto-detects Patch 1.67 vs. 1.69 and reacts accordingly. Whether the player likes what it does may be a different matter but it still does have a loyal following.

Pescado may not have added any features to it for quite a while but, unless something has changed very recently, I believe that officially he does still support it.