Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Majors Made Easier

by FrikaC Posted 1st Dec 2005 at 10:49 AM - Updated 29th Sep 2011 at 6:32 AM by FrikaC : Clarified some of the text

144 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:40 AM
When I place the pennant on the wall and go back to game play mode, it disappears? Porque?

Has this happened to anyone else, and what do I do?
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 12:58 PM
Thanks for this-I really wanted to try out some of the alternative majors. This makes it much easier!
Test Subject
#53 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:52 AM
Default Thanks heaps!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, i was having a hard time finding the majos i downloaded and now i can thankyou.
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 3:41 AM
Is it compatible with Open for Business?
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:29 PM
I used it for the first time yesterday; I have all EPs and Funpacks. Worked great.

Simply Simster, just set your walls to solid - the flags are still there.
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 7:57 AM Last edited by Etalon Noir 666 : 15th Aug 2006 at 7:58 AM. Reason: removed quote
sounds great thanks i was so sick having to get money and get a computer but then sims kept playing "sily" er...games on it. the townies that is.

PS i've masted my english now! no more french post with no english. (i do belive thats against the rules anyway)

Je am the Black etalon. I look for a White Mare. You the one saw?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 1:55 AM Last edited by FrikaC : 21st Sep 2006 at 5:28 AM.
I use it in OFB all the time. As I mentioned in the description, it is a standalone object that shouldn't cause any conflicts anywhere. The only conceivable problem one could encounter is a freeze when the menu tries to display (runaway loop cycling through major objects, but this should never happen). I'm not saying I don't believe the people who've said they have problems - Just make absolutely sure there's no other hack that may be causing conflicts in your game. Some hacks, especially after an expansion pack upgrade can cause very peculiar bugs.

You *can* remove the pennant from the lot after selecting the major, you *can* remove the file from the downloads folder after selecting a major. The code provided only sets the Sims' major field to the selected major.

To those people who asked about what & why this is needed, the "Select a Major" dialog in University is largely hard coded into the game and doesn't recognize new custom majors.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 9:12 AM
has any1 tried this with pets
Instructor
#59 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 3:38 AM
FrikaC, I have just played it for the first time and had no problems at. I have uni, nl, ofb and ffs. The only thing I found, and this upsets me greatly, sob, that it does not work with the insim's education adjuster. I always speed the process up with giving the student a performance of A+ and go to the final exam straight away. Otherwise it is just too boring. Could you have a look into it please? That is such a good hack and I would love to use it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#60 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 8:40 AM
I've never had any problems with Majors Made Easier (or, rather, Majors Made Easy given that that version never ceased to work for me and so I never ceased to use it..) and the inSim.
Another hack conflict maybe?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#61 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 10:24 AM
Well I actually don't have any problems with it as such, I just can't use it together with the education adjuster from insim. The hack conflict detection utility has found no conflict.
Instructor
#62 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 2:07 AM
After more testing I found the solution. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hack. The fault was with my sim. He was an ex townie which has been adopted my one of my single females and sent to uni. After creating a teenager myself and sent to uni everything worked fine. So thank you for trying to help.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 5:27 PM
Oh, thank you, was wondering how to get the "exotic dance major" to work, maybe I should start reading the ENTIRE thread before downloading...

Thank you

Having problems with custom content after installing a new EP? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=197511 might help :)
Test Subject
#64 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 9:14 PM
thank you so much!!!!!!
i made my first major, now i'm gonna test it
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 11:27 PM
Has it been working with Pets? I'm assuming yes (or at least going to optimistically try it out), will report if it's not.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sh0uriki
Has it been working with Pets? I'm assuming yes (or at least going to optimistically try it out), will report if it's not.

It's worked with pets but must be placed at the university lot. :D
Test Subject
#67 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 4:05 PM
That's a great hack, but I want to disable it's affect on my sim, how do I do that? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TULI
That's a great hack, but I want to disable it's affect on my sim, how do I do that? Thanks!

Remove the DBPF package file from your downloads folder.

PS: All Majors won't work without Majors Made Easier.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 1:11 AM
Wow! Thanks!!
(\(\
(=',')
(/('')('')
Field Researcher
#70 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 9:24 PM
Thans :D

Problems installing my sims?Use Sims2pack Clean Installer
Special thanks to all custom contents creators.
My sims for you here
My sims 2
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 10:45 PM
Does it work with Seasons?

"This the way the world ends not with a bang, but a whimper."- The Doctor
"People go to great lengths just to known when they die, but why do that when you could just stay hidden, be known and alive."- KiraWilfort
Mad Poster
#72 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 1:42 AM
This made life much easier. Thank you!
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:17 AM
I had this before with my game, but after I reinstalled The Sims2 n the ep's it stopped working? I've got Sims 2 DVD, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, The Sims 2 Pets, Sims H&M Fashion, and Sims 2 Seasons... Not sure why it's not working. Does anyone know if it could be cause by downloading the games? From like torrent sites? Cuz everything else works just peachy keen. :-\

--(:-0) THE MONKEYS ARE BACK!! Quick, grab the super ultra-super evaporating cosmic blasting plasma laser beam ultra fine configured supercalafragalisticexpialadotious weapons of choice and start firing before they get to the underwear drawer!! (:-0)--
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 2:43 AM
ahaha, the matrix reference. nice~
Test Subject
#75 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 9:41 AM
I redownloaded, reinstalled... nada. I can usually fix this, n I can't fix this. Sigh... a little help anyone? That or jst tell me how to make it. lol. Anyways, still huge kudo's n good job cuz it did work before lol

--(:-0) THE MONKEYS ARE BACK!! Quick, grab the super ultra-super evaporating cosmic blasting plasma laser beam ultra fine configured supercalafragalisticexpialadotious weapons of choice and start firing before they get to the underwear drawer!! (:-0)--
Page 3 of 6