Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 10:12 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 15th Mar 2022 at 5:11 PM.
Default Grid-Adjuster Tutorial for Basic 2-Click Foundations and/or Flat Roofs
This tutorial gives the Basic settings to use in the Grid-Adjuster to create 2-Click Foundations, 2-Click Flat Roofs, and a Combination of both

YOU WILL NEED
Mootilda's Grid-Adjuster Tool ...obviously!

AND I SUGGEST READING
Moo's own G-A Tutorial
Shasta's Little Decks Tutorial (This tutorial does the same thing, with a different approach.)
My other Grid-Adjuster Tutorial - which goes waaaay more in-depth!

This tutorial assumes you are already familiar with TS2 building techniques and the Grid-Adjuster (Confused by it, maybe? But, you've looked into it before.)

Instructions:

To create a house on a 2-Click Foundation. These are the basic settings:
This will create a house similar to this one: Anne
*NOTE: Large dogs canNOT get inside a 2-click foundation house. All other Sims will be fine, however.
If you want to allow large dogs inside the house, you must use HL's SimplePassageStairs, and they must be added to the house while it has a 4-Click foundation. If you are building a 1-Click Foundation - ALL sims will need these stairs to get inside.

NEW - Simler90's Stair Mods now allow large dogs access to a 2-click Foundation. You still need HL's stairs for 1-Click Foundations.

To create a house with 2-Click Flat Roof. These are the basic settings:
This will create a house similar to this one: Black Pearl Sunset

If you want a combination - 2-Click Foundation AND a 2-Click Flat Roof:
These are the setting for a 1-Story House -
This will create a house similar to this one: Studio 1162 SFH

If you are building a 2-Story house - instead of "20", you would use "36"
Here's the math...
foundation = 2 clicks
1st floor = 16 clicks
2nd floor = 16 clicks
2-Clk Flat Roof = 2 clicks
Added up, and you get 36

A 3-Story house would be... 52 clicks. You got this

If you have any Grid-Adjuster questions, please post below or shoot me a PM. I haven't learned everything there is to know about it yet, but I'm gaining lots of experience ... And I'll help if I can!
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 11:34 PM
Great tutorial Cat and long needed. It's been a few years since I did a 2 click foundation and while I found some help out there nothing detailed like this. :lovestruc

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Great tutorial Cat and long needed. It's been a few years since I did a 2 click foundation and while I found some help out there nothing detailed like this. :lovestruc

I hope it makes sense!
I had a few inquiries about how to do this, and just kinda put this together on the spur of the moment.
Please let me know if I can be clearer on anything; or if you just have further questions

and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 6:25 AM
Thank you so much for making this! I've been looking for a tutorial to do these creations for a while. Looking forward to trying this out for myself.

Call me Seth!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 12:11 AM
It is an interesting tutorial, very well explained and understandable. Well done Cathe, thank
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 9:31 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 3:08 PM
Thank you for commenting! All y'all are welcome
Please post here if you run into any questions/problems - I will try to help (and maybe your situation will help the next person's.)
The Grid-Adjuster is an awesome tool .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 6:12 AM
Your tutorial is very detailed and clear, CatherineTCJD . As a Sims 2 player who love to build, this tutorial is very useful as reference. Hey, do you happen to know how to create 2-click height stage (a.k.a split-level interior foundation)? If 2-click stage is possible, players can create good split level house in the Sims 2. I think the default 4-click stage is too tall, the top of some furnitures are popping up in the next floor when placed on 4-click stages.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 3:19 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 16th Jun 2021 at 10:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CharlieSiedjan
Your tutorial is very detailed and clear, CatherineTCJD . As a Sims 2 player who love to build, this tutorial is very useful as reference. Hey, do you happen to know how to create 2-click height stage (a.k.a split-level interior foundation)? If 2-click stage is possible, players can create good split level house in the Sims 2. I think the default 4-click stage is too tall, the top of some furnitures are popping up in the next floor when placed on 4-click stages.
Basically, the first thing you have to do is not think of it as a 'stage' - or use the stage tool
You'd want to build the split level area as the next floor up; add walls and flooring. Then in the Grid-Adjuster, shorten that level to 2-clicks.
So.... if you were building a 1story house with, say, a raised split-level area for the dining room:
On no foundation - so the main house is level 0-1. Build your split/raised area as I said above (it is level 1-2)
Count the area of the split raised level (This is where the G-A can be tricky - see my other G-A Tutorial for "counting tips") ...and adjust Level 2/flat to 2 clicks. You will have warped walls where the split level walls meet the house shell walls - but, that can be adjusted with the G-A too.

OR - you might could 2-click the whole house (following the above tutorial) then demolish the area that you want to be the raised split-level, and fill it with the stage tool? I'm not sure if the stage tool will join up with the regular house walls though?
All this is off the top of my head... later today I'll go in-game and see if I can make it work. I'll post corrections here, and add pictures.

Thank you for asking ~ I hadn't tried doing this yet. It will be a fun thing to discover and figure out

I have done split-level interior foundations that lower by 2-clicks (not raised):
https://modthesims.info/d/655497/ga...hot-spring.html
https://modthesims.info/d/654848/do...ken-liv-rm.html
https://modthesims.info/d/654235/ja...e-basement.html

OK... Well - some of that worked and most of it didn't *sigh*
Here's what I learned so far:
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 9:22 PM
Hello, this is a great tutorial! Would be there some problem if I will share my house using Grid-Adjuster to other people? Will it work for them and look the same?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terezdr
Hello, this is a great tutorial! Would be there some problem if I will share my house using Grid-Adjuster to other people? Will it work for them and look the same?

Once the house is built - it is safe to share.
Just make sure people know if they will need: the SimplePassage stairs, or Simler90's Stair Mod to get inside, and Numenor's Wall #90 (if you used it.)
All three of the above need to be in the Download Folder before entering a house like this.
I'd love to see what you build - send me a link?

and Vintage Stuffeths