Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11801 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 4:05 AM Last edited by FranH : 15th Feb 2021 at 11:07 AM.
Quote:
Lotsynctimer will let you set event day, at any point, but it won't let you say why it's an event day and it won't let you set more than one. Until you get your dream mod, you might be able to get some memory help from that.

I don't know exactly that's the case. I've edited the Synctimer before, to make the labels more concise and less cluttered. I don't know if you could edit the label for the 'event day' to be precise. I'll see if it could be edited. Don't hold your breath, though-I've been having trouble getting SimPE to let me do anything with any mods.

Edit:
Ok, I've taken a look-see.
In the Resource editor, under the 'Text lists' there is a listing of "Make Action String prim string set" that names out all the attributes of the SyncTimer: on line 4-6 are the lists for 'events' on the Sync Timer, and after those, are two lines, "Space for Rent" which I am almost betting can possibly be used to perhaps define the events as necessary. Maybe. But I'm not a good modder, and I would be very wary of making drastic changes to the text listing.

If anyone wants to tackle this, be my guest. It took me a long time to get my edit done, and I don't dare do any more. BTW, this is a text editor that I'm looking at, not an action editor.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11802 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I don't know exactly that that's the case. I've edited the Synctimer before, to make the labels more concise and less cluttered. I don't know if you could edit the label for the 'event day' to be precise. I'll see if it could be edited. Don't hold your breath, though-I've been having trouble getting SimPE to let me do anything with any mods.

Edit:
Ok, I've taken a look-see.
In the Resource editor, under the 'Text lists' there is a listing of "Make Action String prim string set" that names out all the attributes of the SyncTimer: on line 4-6 are the lists for 'events' on the Sync Timer, and after those, are two lines, "Space for Rent" which I am almost betting can possibly be used to perhaps define the events as necessary. Maybe. But I'm not a good modder, and I would be very wary of making drastic changes to the text listing.

If anyone wants to tackle this, be my guest. It took me a long time to get my edit done, and I don't dare do any more. BTW, this is a text editor that I'm looking at, not an action editor.

I am no modder, so I'm glad someone else looked at it. More to the original question, maybe someone could yoink the code that does the pop-ups and time recording stuff and make something with options.

My SimPE skills are at "Hold my hand and talk me through it and I'll give you the string of hexadecimal you need."

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#11803 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 4:10 AM
Maybe a mod to enable the running animation for spiral staircases although im not sure if the same animation that is used for regular stairs would work for them... mmm probably not.
Forum Resident
#11804 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guirnaldas
Maybe a mod to enable the running animation for spiral staircases although im not sure if the same animation that is used for regular stairs would work for them... mmm probably not.

Speedwalking!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Alchemist
#11805 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 9:19 PM
Something to separate home business customers from invited guests. It's annoying when guests judge the house and effect the star ratings.
Field Researcher
#11806 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 5:50 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 17th Feb 2021 at 8:03 AM.
I would like to see more CONVERSIONS (for SIMS 2) of TS 1, TS 3 and TS 4 items/objects, especially those that didnt appear in 2. Either FUNCTIONAL or DECO is fine.
Mad Poster
#11807 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 6:44 PM Last edited by grammapat : 17th Feb 2021 at 5:05 PM.
Dog sliders that shorten legs. And it looks like Maxis started with a HUMAN head template (round), and no matter what you do you can't get the rectangular head (flat on the sides) that most dogs have. And LONG hair! That acts/moves like HAIR (what a concept!) So many breeds have long hair; faking it by making a really fat dog sometimes doesn't work at all. Like Afghan - not only long legged, but SKINNY, with hair that almost touches the ground and moves.. Yea...impossible.
===
Did someone disagree because I said most dogs don't have a round head/face (like people & Sims have)? Or you don't like hair? or ME?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#11808 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Something to separate home business customers from invited guests. It's annoying when guests judge the house and effect the star ratings.

I had a wedding party on a home business. The guests gathered around the ticket machine
It was a failure
Mad Poster
#11809 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 8:04 PM
Started working on a library today.
After that, I visited a second-hand bookshop. I thought how nice it would be if Sims could browse bookshelves.
Top Secret Researcher
#11810 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
I would like to see more CONVERSIONS (for SIMS 2) of TS 1, TS 3 and TS 4 items/objects, especially those that didnt appear in 2. Either FUNCTIONAL or DECO is fine.

@Lena88
There are lots of them on www.theninthwavesims.com (he's not on MTS anymore).
I also convert careers from the other games that are not available on TS2.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#11811 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 7:14 PM
I was just watching a Devon Bumpkin video where he made a chippy and it made me realise I would loooove home run takeaways. I already know how to make a home run restaurant but it’d be cool if there was an object (a hacked cash register?) that wouldn’t work unless you had another object (hacked restaurant stove or something) on the lot, where visitors to the lot could order food, your sim would cook it on the stove, and hand it to the customer over the counter, who would then walk off of the lot carrying a bag that presumably contains the food. I know you can technically do this with a bakery and what I have in mind (chip shop) would work okay with this but it would be cool!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Field Researcher
#11812 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 7:43 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 18th Feb 2021 at 7:59 PM.
If its possible...I wouls like to see (and use/download) items ans stuff converted from SIMS 2 STORIES serie (LIFE, PETS and CASTAWAY).
Top Secret Researcher
#11813 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 10:01 PM
Decorative vegetable plants, in full bloom and harvest. I want to make rooftop gardens on my building-only-not-for-sims-to-inhabit lots.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#11814 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 11:23 PM
I adore want-fulfilling paintings , especially Gwillewyn ones what I use often to let sim have more sane wants but there is one want for what I want painting. iCad's tutorial is for objects but I want painting for purchase vacation home. Is it possible?

If its possible...I wouls like to see (and use/download) items ans stuff converted from SIMS 2 STORIES serie (LIFE, PETS and CASTAWAY).

https://s22cdb.livejournal.com/
Field Researcher
#11815 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 11:24 PM
Please someone make a mod to make sims desire more selfish and meaner stuff when they have low aspiration. I want my sims to want horrible things happening to their enemies, the people they are furious at, the spouse or partner of the sim that they have a crush on. Deaths, losing jobs, failing exams at university, being struck by lightnings. In real life people are envious and wish for others' demise to feel better about themselves, so it would be so cool if sims in red aspiration sometimes rolled envious wants. MAKE THEM MORALLY GRAY!

One of the best things of premade hoods are the stories BECAUSE they are based on intrigue, envy, sometimes hateful actions (we all know Olivia Specter a.k.a. Black Widow or Buzz Grunt wanting the aliens out of town), so a hack that adds envious and mean wants would make these story elements ACTUAL gameplay instead of being something that the player must force or imagine.
Mad Poster
#11816 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 11:50 PM
Mettaton servo replacement skin (with a blue or copper-coloured female variation with shorter hair and a more feminine feature). Vampire Mettaton would be Neo with dark sclera and magenta pupils, Bat-Mettaton would be a flying heart, and Formal Mettaton would have a blue dress, while the female form would wear a tux, and her hair might have a kiss-curl. Or maybe she could look somewhat like Vain-Gloria from Phantom 2040, but with metallic skin. Vampire would have Neo-style wings and dark-sclera eyes with neon orange pupils, while Formal would have the peacock-style mirrors unfolded. Good witches would have aqua 'skin' and eyes, while the neutrals would have either gray or copper metal, and evil witches would have black and red glowing rivets and eyes. Werewolf forms would have unnaturally wide, grinning mouths with long teeth, and claw-like nails. Zombie-forms would look damaged, with jagged holes in their bodies, heads, and limbs. They might even be missing an eye and have a big chunk ripped out of their faces. The holes would show exposed, sparking wires and circuitry. A servo who has run amok will eventually lose limbs and need to be repaired.

Dunno if that would be possible, but is it an interesting idea?
Lab Assistant
#11817 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 8:55 AM
A mod for podiums so listeners find nearby chairs available to sit first, kinda how the watch instruments work or the wedding arch. And if no chairs then they will listen from a bit more distance than default.
Field Researcher
#11818 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 10:07 AM
Sims 3 (Ambitions) have WINE MAKER item. I want it for SIMS 2 (with possibility to add wine bottles into inventory when you make them). It would be good both for business and cooking hobby.
Top Secret Researcher
#11819 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 1:21 PM
Sims 3 (Ambitions) have WINE MAKER item. I want it for SIMS 2 (with possibility to add wine bottles into inventory when you make them). It would be good both for business and cooking hobby.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...p?f=240&t=10306

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#11820 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 5:16 PM
It would be nice and cool to have/see INCUBATOR (with baby inside), as DECORATION/OBJECT thing.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11821 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 6:50 PM
@Lena88 Not an incubator as such but a hospital bassinette, which might work for you. Baby here:
https://modthesims.info/d/124389
If you look on the comments in post #57 you will find a download link for the bassinette.
Lab Assistant
#11822 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 8:53 PM
Has there ever been a mod/fix to enable outdoor clothes on the sewing machine?
Scholar
#11823 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 1:51 AM
I think it would be cool if sims could be peddlers. Rather than having a home business or a community lot a sim owned, a sim could go to a lot they didn’t own, “rent” a table, and sell wares at the table. Other sims in the neighborhood who had peddler businesses could “rent” other tables at the same time.

Basically, it would look and work like the Flea Market in TS4. I think in a medieval hood it would be cool to have a multivendor market — your sims could sell their wares abd then buy stuff from other vendors. Or just visit the lot and shop from multiple sellers.
Instructor
#11824 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 2:37 AM
There wouldn't happen to be a mod out there that allows talking to relatives on the phone to satisfy "talk with relative" wants, would there?
Mad Poster
#11825 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
There wouldn't happen to be a mod out there that allows talking to relatives on the phone to satisfy "talk with relative" wants, would there?

Actually there is-in the normal game phone listing, there is 'relatives' in there-all you have to do is pick one and call them.
That should satisfy the want.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 473 of 581