Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5876 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 3:36 PM
When a Sim looks at a custom object (picture or statue) and sees ... the object it was CLONED from. How hard is it to change that "thought bubble" to be the actual CC?--for the creator, not for ME! I can't do anything..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5877 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 5:41 PM
Those hanging pluses and minuses and freind/enemy icons above a sim drive me crazy because they're all too big. But that's why I play with showheadlines off.
Sims 4 had the + and - small enough to be visible but not big enough to be like neon signs like sims 2.
Forum Resident
#5878 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 10:30 AM
I wish there was a cinematic for getting rejected for the first kiss too, when you're playing with cinematics it's p much a dead give-away whether they get rejected or not. Not sure how it could play out, but still
Instructor
#5879 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:50 PM
An annoyance that just gets bigger the more I play: NEVER enough flashy, expensive items for fortune sims (and other filthy rich sims) to spend their money on. Especially not flashy, expensive items that actually look okay and that are worth investing in. If a consumerist sim yearns for a more expensive bed than the one they currently have, they not only have to put up with a completely different style of bed, but they may also have to put up with one that is less comfortable and score lower in energy and/or room score. It's not just a Maxis thing either, most custom beds are in the lower price range or they are priced higher but lower the environment score of a room (most common) or scores less on comfort/energy.

The situation is perhaps realistic (most expensive and fashionable doesn't always equal most functional and the price tag of an item doesn't predict how satisfied we will be with it in the long run) but it makes gameplay more annoying. I'd rather have less realism in this respect! The most annoying situation of all, which I hadn't encountered before this spring because I've played basegame only for so long, is the networking benefit that makes some furniture cheaper. I've had two fortune sims nagging me crazy about items costing at least so-and-so, but the bloody networking benefit made the most expensive items cost a few hundred simoleons too little to fulfil that want - I thought they'd be happy just to have the items they are obviously asking for, but they were not. And the networking benefit itself is useful, at least when you run a business, so I wouldn't want to mod that away.

Quite a rant but honestly, is it too much to ask that my materialistically minded sims could have good quality objects that they will actually like and have to pay through their noses for?!
Forum Resident
#5880 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:56 PM
But doesn't the most expensive bed provide the most energy? At least that's how it is in my game. The catalogue orders items based on price and the most expensive usually tends to be the most functional. Unless, of course, I'm missing something, which wouldn't be the first time something went over my head.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
#5881 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 8:56 PM
I've seen a lot of ridiculously cheap CC beds (and various objects) with very high comfort rating, but the contrary not very often. I think people change the price of their objects regardless of what they've been cloned from and forget to adjust the stats accordingly... or sometimes just make overtly "cheaty" objects

Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
The most annoying situation of all, which I hadn't encountered before this spring because I've played basegame only for so long, is the networking benefit that makes some furniture cheaper.

So that's why when I entered one of the premade families in Belladona Cove to test some chairs, the catalog prices were lowered and I could re-sell them for more than I had paid for? I had no idea this was a thing!
Instructor
#5882 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 1:53 AM
@ Crystal Flame: I'm sure you're right about the bed - I just mentioned beds to illustrate the general problem. My pet peeve still remains, there are too few really expensive items that are worth buying and there's so little to choose from.

Quote:
I've seen a lot of ridiculously cheap CC beds (and various objects) with very high comfort rating, but the contrary not very often. I think people change the price of their objects regardless of what they've been cloned from and forget to adjust the stats accordingly... or sometimes just make overtly "cheaty" objects

I have plenty of both CC beds and other items that are surprisingly cheap for their standard, and CC beds and other items that are surprisingly expensive for their standard and I'm sure it's as you say - there are creators who choose to do this as a sort of "cheat", creators who don't really see this as an issue and just don't care enough to change it and there are creators who forget about it after all the other work they've put down. Idon't mean to complain about sims 2 creators, I just wish it was easier to keep fortune sims happy a bit longer.

Quote:
So that's why when I entered one of the premade families in Belladona Cove to test some chairs, the catalog prices were lowered and I could re-sell them for more than I had paid for? I had no idea this was a thing!

I didn't either until I saw it on someone's livestream (Pleasantsims?). After seeing that I kept a close eye on my sims when they networked and could see this actually happened to them.
Top Secret Researcher
#5883 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:02 PM
Cash registers can't be placed on desks. Trips me up so much when decorating lots.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#5884 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 5:09 PM
It always annoyed me that sims buying a community lot business or starting a home business end up with it being open right out of the gate when I'd rather it was starting out closed by default and gave them a chance to get things set up before having to open it manually because I always hated how customers would show up right away on a community lot business when the new owners had just arrived to begin setting things up.It should be the other way around and a sign for opening a business should have to be bought so the business can be opened up or it would remain closed.
Mad Poster
#5885 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
a sign for opening a business should have to be bought so the business can be opened up or it would remain closed.
I agree. But in Real Life I recall stallholders in an indoor market, when they were obviously trying to set up their stall, being approached by would-be customers trying to buy things. "Is this hammer for sale?"

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5886 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 5:46 PM
I've not seen that too many times except when they were just opening up for the day at the local mall and not usually when a stall is being set up for a new seller who just rented one and needed to get things set up.
Scholar
#5887 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 7:23 PM
Not in-game, but CC organization... There's no point trying to be super-organized and make folders for each Sun&Moon set, or even leaving them in their folders. Shared resources and updates are great, but I might as well just pull all the files out of their folders, throw them in Downloads, and let each update or new texture-source override any previous versions.

This is minor, though, compared to the trend of changing mesh names for retextured things or texture names for remeshed things, then refusing to share the name of or link to the original because it contains a "slur", and also refusing to even say what the slur is through workarounds. Fine, it wasn't that hard to find the Sussi hair mesh with the oh-so-2000s name (and the retexture was better!) but in some cases there are several potential candidates, in some cases the word is not a slur but rather a non-English word, and in one unfortunate case, varients of a particular Maxis hair were labelled in a way that contained the name Maxis used for the hair, and given that this was at a time when "Pets Bodyshop" was a thing worth mentioning, the images are long gone... I'm not asking anyone to use words they're uncomfortable with, but how hard is it to say, "a slur for [group in question]" or give the non-slur part of the name if relevant? Some of us like to avoid redundant files... It's all right though. I'm sure some of these gifted creators who are reworking old stuff weren't even born before Pets came out, and they're trying their best to do the right thing!
The same cannot be said for the well-known creator whose post discussing the uncomfortably stereotypical nature of a certain NPC I stumbled upon while trying to find images of that aforementioned hair. How disappointing that the DR they had made to remedy the issue was just as uncomfortable a stereotype, just of another group (I guess I should be thankful this was made before the new sliders came out, because I can only imagine how the model would have looked otherwise). I think I'll keep the default carnival act for now, Simblr... (I mostly believe that was accidental, and wouldn't have even registered to me if I wasn't in the newly-stereotyped group. Nothing short of a "Love-Bot" Servo Matchmaker would remove the risk of these kinds of flubs, and that's why aside from historical-accuracy DRs I tend to stick with Maxis' mistakes rather than compounding them with my own.)
Mad Poster
#5888 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 5:13 AM
One annoying thing is when a new family moves in and taking a job ends up being almost impossible because they just kepp getting the same old offers and not ones they can actually use until they go broke and end up losing their home to bankruptcy.I found a Mod to fix that one issue and installed it recently which adds an option for unemployed sims unable to find a job to apply for welfare to get by until the jobs are available.
Test Subject
#5889 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 6:52 PM
TS2 Makin magik is best addon
Mad Poster
#5890 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 1:03 PM
The worst thing is when your hard drive gets way too slow and your time is spent defragmenting it instead of playing your game.It's just happened to me and it took over a day to get that done.
Mad Poster
#5891 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
The worst thing is when your hard drive gets way too slow and your time is spent defragmenting it instead of playing your game.It's just happened to me and it took over a day to get that done.

It is still better than lose HDD at all.
When my Windows 7 crashed, I was concerned that I lose all my Sims 2 archive and I was really depressed. But tech man was able to copy everything from HDD to external drive and I am really happy. Never thougt before how much I care about that old TS2 CC what I have collected for years.
Mad Poster
#5892 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 4:24 PM
I've had WIndows start to crash and my computer was gettng slow so I used a free defragmenting program I downloaded to fix that and was able to work on my swimmable lake project this morining.I still have to replace my computer's old cooling pad which is worn out and is a USB device that hooks to my computer to help cool it down.
Forum Resident
#5893 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 5:53 PM
Lately it's kinda been bothering me how "happy" sims can stay even after a tragedy like death. Like, I know they cry a bit and are angry if their spouse is cheating, but I kinda wish that they could like, lose aspiration if something like that happens? Because they only go into the red if they have a fear of a death or an affair, but I always use debug cheats to lower their aspiration when that happens, cuz you'd probably also lose aspiration IRL if your grandpa died, you get me?
Mad Poster
#5894 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
cuz you'd probably also lose aspiration IRL if your grandpa died, you get me?

It may work for teenagers and older, but not for toddlers and children. I remember real shame for me when my children played tag on graveyard at my grandma's funeral.
Forum Resident
#5895 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
It may work for teenagers and older, but not for toddlers and children. I remember real shame for me when my children played tag on graveyard at my grandma's funeral.

And funny enough it's usually only children and toddlers who get fears of family members dying. Little Timmy may be taught all his toddler skills, cared for and loved by his parents and fifty siblings, and have all his needs taken care of in their million simoleon mansion, but the moment the grandpa he's never even met dies of old age, he's gonna have a mental breakdown so bad he never recovers from it and grows up badly as if he was neglected
Mad Poster
#5896 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 4:46 AM
One thing with toddler and child clothing that always bothered me was how it was gendered and couldn't be used by both boys and girls at the toddler or chils ages when there's little difference between them.I found a fx for that issue here and will install it very soon as my BACC is going to start to see babies being born in the next few years.
Mad Poster
#5897 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 11:01 AM
It's very easy to designate toddler and child clothes for both sexes with the Wardrobe Wrangler. At these ages both boys and girls have the same body shape.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5898 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Lately it's kinda been bothering me how "happy" sims can stay even after a tragedy like death.
Looking for something else, I ran across some STR resources for Happy Curve Data - <insert age>  No idea how this works, but exporting gives some labels to each value string.  Also no idea how else it is linked and if it's editable.
Lab Assistant
#5899 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 11:05 AM
My ultimate pet peeve is that if Sims autonomously decide to make a bed I cannot cancel the interaction! Especially if they live in a big house.

'Where's James going? Oh, to make the bed that isn't his and will take so long to walk to that he misses his carpool. Great.'
Mad Poster
#5900 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 12:17 PM
abortbedmaking. Does exactly what it says.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/
Page 236 of 275