Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5901 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 11:32 PM
Wolf walks on lot. Sim does one interaction. Wolf leaves.

He's been stuck between 20 and 30 STR for a week now.

This is the only 'stray' animal in the neighborhood for a reason. The skunk spends more time on the lot than the wolf.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5902 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 2:38 AM
what is STR?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#5903 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
what is STR?

STR typically refers to Short Term Relationship between two Sims

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#5904 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 5:49 PM
Update: Wolf (his name's Capone) got himself on the lot long enough to be adopted. Finally.
Very spoiled doggo, this wolf. As doggos should be. His job is barking out the windows at anything that might possibly threaten his family.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#5905 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 9:51 PM
My sims are constantly taking baths. I cannot understand is it caused by any mod or lack of any mod.
Forum Resident
#5906 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
My sims are constantly taking baths. I cannot understand is it caused by any mod or lack of any mod.

Lack of. My sims do that too, I think they like it because it increases hygiene and comfort at the same time
Mad Poster
#5907 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 8:13 AM
One is when sims start to behave badly like trying to flirt with the wrong sim when they're already married after the population in my town gets bigger.It annoys me so much that I'll have to get ACR set up to tune that kind of mess out and only allow that sort of behavior with those swinging singles not already in a stable relationship or married.I alos think it could allow pleasure sims to be the swingers as they don't strike me as the types to get into committed relationships.
Forum Resident
#5908 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 11:00 AM
Oooooh, I do hate it when I know what I want to build, but I don't know how to build it. I usually rely on D&D floorplans to give me a good baseline to build all of my medieval houses, but I am struggling with my farmhouse. I just can't find a floorplan that fits with the barn and stables I've already built, while not being too grand.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Field Researcher
#5909 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 4:15 PM
I noticed that Sarah Crittur was starving, so I directed her to eat. She refused to eat because she felt too stinky. I cheated her hunger up, but it was too late and the cops showed up to take away all the dogs.
Quit.
Do you want to save? NO.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Forum Resident
#5910 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 5:04 PM
Something worth noting about Sarah Crittur is that she comes out of the box being trained to eat sim food. So, she has to be trained to eat pet food, and I think the same applies to Danny, too. That could have been another reason why she didn't eat, maybe.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
#5911 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 5:46 PM
Nope. I have control pets, and I can usually control her to eat any food, sim or pet. She was just ornery.
It happened again. She dropped to red without me noticing. Why is she so hungry when she's not pregnant anymore?? Who knows.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#5912 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 3:18 PM
If you teleport sims in from another family to take pictures with it is impossible to remove their free will.

Stop moving! Where are you going? No! I said no!
Mad Poster
#5913 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
Nope. I have control pets, and I can usually control her to eat any food, sim or pet. She was just ornery.
It happened again. She dropped to red without me noticing. Why is she so hungry when she's not pregnant anymore?? Who knows.

She might have stuck pregnancy token. Check her on SimPE.
Mad Poster
#5914 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Something worth noting about Sarah Crittur is that she comes out of the box being trained to eat sim food. So, she has to be trained to eat pet food, and I think the same applies to Danny, too. That could have been another reason why she didn't eat, maybe.

==
I've had dogs refuse to eat, seems like they had a favorite dish. I deleted it - didn't help. I trained her to "come here" and had sim call her to eat--nope. She was made in game, so ..why!? I kept having to have a sim give a treat, which may actually make it worse..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#5915 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
If you teleport sims in from another family to take pictures with it is impossible to remove their free will.

Stop moving! Where are you going? No! I said no!

Just make them selectable. If you have free will off on the lot for taking pictures, then they will stay put once they're selectable.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#5916 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 5:11 PM
Yeah, my Sarah almost starved several times until I remembered this and put a dish of Sim food on the floor specifically so I could yell at her every time I touched it. I think also if a pet is especially finicky, they won't eat from the cheap bowl, it has to be the nice one.
Forum Resident
#5917 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 6:04 PM
Yeah, finicky pets hate cheap and/or dirty pet bowls. To be safe, I just get the most expensive one. Annoyingly enough, if you don't keep an eye on the bowl, it can rotate in a way that makes it difficult for pets to eat out of it due to how the sims place it down. I can't remember if it's limited to the cheap bowl, but I have had the expensive one do the same thing.

Mad Poster
#5918 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 3:47 AM
One of my biggest peeves was when starting a BACC my sims kept rolling wants for regular jobs and my best solution was to download Mod to remove that want from my game in a new challenge.I've Modded many other things out so any scripted cheats or affairs in my custom towns can no longer happen without my directions to start that up.It frees me up to be able to play other siruations that create drama of other types that better suit my community.
Mad Poster
#5919 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Just make them selectable. If you have free will off on the lot for taking pictures, then they will stay put once they're selectable.

I did have them selectable. Had to keep grabbing them in the sim list to cancel their actions.
Forum Resident
#5920 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 7:08 AM Last edited by HobbesED : 23rd Feb 2021 at 7:30 AM.
I did have them selectable. Had to keep grabbing them in the sim list to cancel their actions.

Then you likely didn't have Free Will Off on the lot. Because if they are selectable AND Free Will is off, then they typically won't get new actions. Either that or something else (like a carpool) came along and added something to their queue which forced them to move. Using the freezer clock helps keep them in place.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#5921 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Then you likely didn't have Free Will Off on the lot. Because if they are selectable AND Free Will is off, then they typically won't get new actions. Either that or something else (like a carpool) came along and added something to their queue which forced them to move. Using the freezer clock helps keep them in place.

Well I had the option in the game menu turned off and anyone who actually belonged to the household was appropriately doing nothing, so I don't know. I don't think I have a freezer clock.
Forum Resident
#5922 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 2:14 PM
Well I had the option in the game menu turned off and anyone who actually belonged to the household was appropriately doing nothing, so I don't know. I don't think I have a freezer clock.

The Freezer Clock is of invaluable help when taking pictures.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#5923 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 3:11 PM
I HATE trying to find stuff in build/buy mode or CAS. I just had a last straw moment where I was digging around looking for a specific cc chair. I have no idea where it is. Collection files helped for a while but now I have too many collection files and I can’t find the right one. Or sometimes I even forget which collection file I need to find.

I don’t like playing TS 4, but I DO love the search function.
Mad Poster
#5924 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 6:25 PM
@kewpie -I'd consider you lucky because my game is the biggest nghtmare for searching build and buy modes for items because of my massivve loads of CC and my Mods situation is even worse.I've been annoyed by the issues I have searching buy mode like today I had trouble fiding things.
Forum Resident
#5925 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 12:19 PM
I think the game should have incorporated a feature where if you had custom content, a section of the catalogue will open where it will only have CC furniture, wallpapers, floors, etc. downloaded. I'm not sure if a feature like this already exists, but I've never seen it.

Page 237 of 274