Replies: 10564 (Who?), Viewed: 435488 times.
Page 414 of 423
Scholar
#10326 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 1:10 AM
I swear the game KNOWS when a family can’t handle twins — and plunks them down into the family. I have some broke sims living in a trailer park apartment. It’s only one bedroom. Thank god for one tile cribs! But when the babies get old enough for beds, the family will likely have to sell all the furniture in the living room and turn their trailer into a flop house.
Mad Poster
#10327 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 4:34 AM
To Whom It May Concern: I am sorry if I said anything offensive. Our dollies are used by each of us, in ways that serve the need of each of us. My personal life has been several years of horror, and much anger. I do take it out on these pixels. Perhaps it would vindicate me a bit if I tell you that toddlers - even these imaginary ones, I cannot torture. They must be loved and pampered. Likewise with pregnancies (and I cannot stand even the thought of pregnant teens). They are not really real, but each of uses them, like real dollies when we were children, to act out scenes from our real lives that need dealing with. My opinion, anyway.

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
#10328 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 2:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaminna
I was watching images of created neighborhood. It was so beautiful and real that I thought it was for The Sims 2. Turned out it was for The Sims 3. But creator of this neighborhood was using TS2 CC neighborhood decorations converted to TS3.

Me too some hours ago, i went to tumblr I searched for sims 2 scenery , omg so much !! I never thought this game could be beautiful .
Top Secret Researcher
#10329 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 2:42 PM
I kill off Sims all the time. I play post-apocalyptic neighbourhoods, I have hitmen (and -women), I have mafia clans, I have deathly family curses, I have bloodthirsty demons and vampires, I have Cow Plant Cults, I have wars that Sims in the military career have to go to and might get killed in (that's how Skip Broke died in my old Beginning of Pleasantview hood) I have random occurrence scenarios that include fatal tragedies, I think up storylines that include deaths.
And I even sometimes kill Sims beause i'm bored of them.

And that's alright, because Sims aren't real and aren't alive. They are virtual dolls. And killing off a Sim is no different from killing off a character in a story or novel you write. The death of a character can bring up new possibilities.
Plus I'm a huge fan of stories and scenarios where people endure hardship and come out stronger because of it and really earn their happy endings.

Also I don't think anybody will really judge another person for how they play with their dolls, that would be rather weird.

Avatar by MasterRed
Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#10330 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 3:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Also I don't think anybody will really judge another person for how they play with their dolls, that would be rather weird.

I agree; but have seen LOTS of silly comments (some of them even sound serious) about the sin of cruelty to sims.

Namaste... or "go"
Top Secret Researcher
#10331 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 3:55 PM Last edited by Orphalesion : 14th Feb 2021 at 2:03 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I agree; but have seen LOTS of silly comments (some of them even sound serious) about the sin of cruelty to sims.


Yeah I've seen a lot of those as well. I hope that they aren't as serious as they sound. But it's the internet and it's difficult to judge a person's tone (I already have enough problems with that in real life, sometimes) so I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
I mean people get attached to fictional characters all the time, I know I was upset by some of the things that happened to my favourites on GoT/SoIaF, so I can understand why people might not want to have bad things happen to their Sims. I just don't agree with people who present their way of playing as the "correct" way or get upset when people play differently with their own Sims.

Avatar by MasterRed
Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#10332 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 7:29 PM
We all bring our own mirrors to the games we play.

My kid's faction in an MMORPG is about to recreate the Vietnam War, pre-US. (He may be the only person in the faction with enough history education in the period to see this coming.) At least they're doing it in an MMORPG.

I know I deal with real world racism issues in how I handle aliens in my Sims 2 game.

We all bring our own mirrors. Let us be charitable to each other, and grateful that we can work out these things in virtual settings and not real world. (There are days when I think we'd be better off if everyone in all governments were set up in an MMORPG and left to their own devices. And all large corporations.)

I've seen people here judge for how others play many times. Generally more over sim sexuality choices than over deaths, but . . . it's a thing. We're human, we do that. We do judge others, it's part of what we do. So let's just try to be charitable as we go. Brains functions that kept us alive in the Time Before Writing (to steal from a favorite writer) are going to be with us for a good many generations to come. I try to say: you are wrong, you have a right to BE wrong, and I must let you exercise your right to be wrong so I may have MY right to be wrong. That is an all-inclusive you, not a specific you. Obviously everyone is wrong about something, at least as I see the world: we just don't know what we're wrong about. The problem of course is that YOUR wrong may very well upset me, and MY wrong may very well upset you. I don't have a right to not be upset *glares at weather, at parents, at children, at husband, at computer*, so I simply have to deal with things and people who upset me. Also part of being human.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#10333 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 1:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
To Whom It May Concern: I am sorry if I said anything offensive.
@grammapat No offence caused gramma, sorry if I worried you! As you know I often have 'accidental' deaths in my sims game, and allow ageing and NPC motive degradation. I was just pre-empting AndrewGloria, as I know his game is most Utopic, just having a joke so sorry if I caused any bother!
Mad Poster
#10334 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 8:34 PM
Watching the Winter X-Games today has me thinking again about what winter sports things could be put together into a lot or set of a few lots to make a winter sports resort... I think I could make a decent looking snowboard halfpipe or a chairlift, and then there's also gimmes like the sauna and hot springs that just seem appropriate in a place like that too...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#10335 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 9:06 PM
I have tried to play apocalypse hoods. I have tried to play a hood where the seasonal flu wiped out a lot of the poorer families. I have tried to let refugees die on the Highway to Respite. And every single time, no matter how hard I try, I end up inventing some loophole that lets them live, or letting somebody plead with the Reaper for them.

The only Sims I can actually kill without remorse are the drama professors and the nannies. Sheesh, Maxis, how did you manage to make the nannies so detestable? Did you never read Mary Poppins?
Mad Poster
#10336 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 12:45 AM
Been thinking, was TS2 a big influencer of simulation games in the 2000s or did TS2 ultimately do its own thing?

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Mad Poster
#10337 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 1:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Been thinking, was TS2 a big influencer of simulation games in the 2000s or did TS2 ultimately do its own thing?

I think Will Wright was big influencer. Because before TS2 was The Sims and before The Sims was Sim City 2000, At least for me.
Mad Poster
#10338 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 5:37 AM
Current WIP includes the pirate ship, which I've never used before... I can think of a few other objects I haven't ever used, but any time I realize I'm using something for the first time I find myself wondering how many other things there are that I've never found a use for...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#10339 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 5:44 AM
It's great that everybody can play so many different types of towns and have all types of drama in their games ranging from apocalypse drama to drama of struggling to survive winters and to build up a sucessful farming community that will eventually become a big city.Others put realitionship drama into their games and that goes into mone as backstories of some of my wealtheir settlers in colonial times of the 16th or 17th centuries or the pioneers comint out west who had that in their homes back east or in Europe.I'll eventually see that in my games when the towns grow into cities in modern times.
Mad Poster
#10340 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 12:59 AM
I am thinking how much we lose if something bad happens to Pescado. (Waiting for his servers to work again)
Mad Poster
#10341 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 1:15 AM Last edited by HarVee : 16th Feb 2021 at 1:27 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
It's great that everybody can play so many different types of towns ...

Lately I've been listening to the Major Tom saga.

Major Tom saga; Peter Schilling's "Major Tom (Coming Home)", Elton John's "Rocket Man", and of course David Bowie's "Space Oddity".

I love doing 'hoods based upon themes taken from music and mythology so I think for my next 'hood a Major Tom inspired 'hood might be interesting to explore. Though I imagine I'll have to download a lot of scifi CC to make it plausible.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Field Researcher
#10342 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 4:57 AM
My teen sim had a fear of getting busted after sneaking out (which finally just happened) and he immediately rolled 2 new seperate fears of becoming enemies with his grandmother and grandfather and not even his parents who lives with them also awww.....

ETA: He rolled another want to sneak out again right after
#10343 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 12:47 PM
I decided to install the Feverfew build/buy and hood deco cc without installing Feverfew itself and omg its so freaking beautiful

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is Forever-Evenfall. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#10344 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 9:08 PM
@HarVee -- Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes" also is part of that saga, although it mentions Major Tom in a decidedly unflattering light. My view is that it's the cover-up after he went off the rails and ran away to space.

My thoughts: I had to do some fiddling around with BHAVs in SimPE to tune a few mods to my liking, and since it actually makes sense, I've gotten interested in it. this led to me thinking, "WTH am I doing?" when what I was doing, according to the very well-written BHAV, was deciding which Sims go to Heaven! I have Chris Hatch's remember-own-death mod, but don't share his theological views on the fate of supernatural Sims -- they make a lot of sense when tied into the playable afterlives of A&N/T&A, but I don't have those and do have many custom supernaturals, so the division between who gets a good and who gets a bad death memory would be very arbitrary in my game. I ended up setting it so everyone gets a good memory ("goes to Heaven" in the mod's parlance) because my initial intention of shifting it to aspiration level at death was too complicated for my current knowledge level. I had ideas that gold and platinum aspirations would get good because they died happily or at least had a fulfilling life, deep red would also get good because at least they're finally done with all that trouble, and in-between would get bad because they hadn't achieved enough to be accepting of it. At least with all good, there won't be more for zombies or playable ghosts to moan about. I strongly suspect there will be some deaths soon to try it out in my most interesting hood...

Letting contagious zombies into my game led to it becoming too grimdark for me, and I only entertain the idea of allowing them again because I have made a point to now have multiple methods of keeping them in check. I guess the ideological backing for my playstyle is the ideas that the universe makes sense, that most people do not have bad intentions (even most of those who act bad are doing so because it's the best they can come up with) and that those who do will eventually be detected and swamped by the outrage of others, that things will get better (not great, and not necessarily for long, but better) if bad times are endured, and that if clouds don't have silver linings, then it's time to make them! A zombie apocalypse ruins that, and the parallels to Real Life over the past year are obvious enough that they stopped me from trying to fix my megahood in-story. (I was never afraid of nor that interested in zombies before this mess. Now I'm very afraid of them...) Regardless, every hood I play is either grim, scandalous, or both, and has been since my TS1 days. People in them have hope of things getting better, but more importantly, they have the little things in life that make it worthwhile and have those in much greater quantity than tends to be common in Real Life. I think that's the reason I cannot bring myself to not play at least largely wants-based, even in retro hoods or otherwise challenge-type situations. I think at least the early generations of Sims games are more attractive to players who aren't quite neurotypical than to the average gamer, which means most of us have piled-up traumas that we don't even recognize because "that's just normal life". Of course the ways we play our hoods aren't exact depictions of them, or even close to them -- too close a match doesn't allow room to process, and thus comes the zombies-during-a-pandemic problem. However, processing for one person can be triggering for another, which is why now that I know how nasty my hoods can be, I'm rather tentative in sharing their stories. In a way, that's freeing -- I wouldn't be going around messing with BHAVs if I had a storyline that "really matters" going on.
Field Researcher
#10345 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 10:11 PM
So I switched from the New Hair System to Simgaroop'd hairs so that I could download all of DeeDee's hairs because she's my fave person to download clothes from.
But after getting in game to check them out I was overwhelmed by having two browns and two reds, and not sure how to decide whether premades would have the light or dark brown/red because I'm playing a megahood and thus only playing premades.
I got so overwhelmed that I almost just threw away 2 days of downloading and went back to New Hair System.

However, I think I'll connect it to skin. Light and MedLight will have the light brown/red, and MedDark and Dark will have the dark brown/red. Alien skin I'll decide on a case-by-case basis, and any sim can have the black & blonde since there's only one of those.

This will help me with feeling like there's too much choice or not knowing which one to give them. Because I liked having only one shade per color, but as simgarooped hairs is an older system I like having hundreds more hairs than nhs has to offer. :P
Mad Poster
#10346 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalldreams
@HarVee -- Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes" also is part of that saga, although it mentions Major Tom in a decidedly unflattering light. My view is that it's the cover-up after he went off the rails and ran away to space.


Oh I know. I meant Space Oddity as in the album since it would've been too much to list all the songs from that album.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#10347 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalldreams
@HarVee -- Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes" also is part of that saga,
In that case you'd probably have to include Hallo Spaceboy and Blackstar too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Oh I know. I meant Space Oddity as in the album since it would've been too much to list all the songs from that album. 
Ashes is from Scary monsters. I love David Bowie's music! Major Tom would make a good sim, I think!
Mad Poster
#10348 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 12:27 AM Last edited by HarVee : 18th Feb 2021 at 12:46 AM.
You're right @simsample ! For a moment there I forgot which album it was on. You probably know more about Bowie than me since I rarely listen to Bowie, but I admit this saga has got me more intrigued in his work.

This is also why I am a tiny bit hesitant on planning the hood yet. I still need to get things organized right, and there is much more background info on these songs that I would like to research. I want to make sure I can keep the neighborhood story straight, plus there might be some puns and word play I can put in there that I'm not aware of yet.

See for me when I plan a hood based off something I like to be thorough and those song suggestions really do help me out.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Field Researcher
#10349 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 2:43 AM
Sometimes you've just gotta tell yourself nostalgia isn't a good enough reason to keep that hair from 2006 that you'll never ever, EVER use and just chuck it
Mad Poster
#10350 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 3:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASnarl
So I switched from the New Hair System to Simgaroop'd hairs so that I could download all of DeeDee's hairs because she's my fave person to download clothes from.
But after getting in game to check them out I was overwhelmed by having two browns and two reds, and not sure how to decide whether premades would have the light or dark brown/red because I'm playing a megahood and thus only playing premades.
I got so overwhelmed that I almost just threw away 2 days of downloading and went back to New Hair System.

However, I think I'll connect it to skin. Light and MedLight will have the light brown/red, and MedDark and Dark will have the dark brown/red. Alien skin I'll decide on a case-by-case basis, and any sim can have the black & blonde since there's only one of those.

This will help me with feeling like there's too much choice or not knowing which one to give them. Because I liked having only one shade per color, but as simgarooped hairs is an older system I like having hundreds more hairs than nhs has to offer. :P


You don't need to add all hair colors into Downloads. Just choose from them. I am using Pookleted hairs and there are usually around 22 colors, so I just choose 5 of them ( 4 base colors+grey) what I use.
Page 414 of 423
Back to top